• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Re: Donkey by name, donkey by nature

To be fair I saw him interviewed twice today and he spoke so much sense about AFC and us...

drexelrr9.jpg
No we don't want him anywhere near our team... Looks like a nasty piece of work ;)

Have to say that i would play Rose over Vertonghen for this one. Walcott is not a very intelligent footballer, the main asset he does have is his pace, followed by a decent finish, and i would back Rose to match his pace far more than Vertonghen. Vertonghen was poor defensively when he played as a LB, he was good offensively however that is not what this situation calls for. He would not have the pace to keep Walcott quiet.

Not sure that we'll win, but i wouldn't predict them to win either. We have a solid midfield. Think the most likely outcome will be a draw really. Which would be a decent result.

As long as Naughton doesn't play left back.

We do look more solid these days but that's going to be put to the test tomorrow, North London derbies always have plenty of goals as we all know.

If this game was at home, I would fancy us a bit more to win.

That game has been discussed to death mate, but we all know they didn't win it more than we gave them every opportunity to take us. And they did obviously. Last season was unfortunate in my book...yes, they will raise their game and sadly the press will have helped that along, but I just see a very strong, steely and cold determination in our side to get the job done. I don't think it will be pretty but I think we will win. But we must avoid the dark-arts which is their diving and whinging. Oliver will have to be very, very strong early doors...

Too right, they will be looking for marks for artistic impression and bleating at the ref every time one of ours goes near them.

I must admit, I've been surprised at his apparent inability to cut it as a coach. Always expected him to have the right stuff.

Oh come on, he's pretty much admitted to be very very wrong and shown some humility.

Eeeooow, eeeooow was always a funny guy

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 21m
I dont know exactly which one is all but done Di Maria, Draxler or Kaka, but all 3 of those are in the frame

I'm going to back Mumorn up here. I honestly fear Rose is going to get torn to shreds by Walcott. He's nowhere near as good as scum fans think he is, but he's definitely improved and is a much more potent goal threat.

Walcott's easy to deal with. Show him outside = guaranteed goal kick.

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 21m
I dont know exactly which one is all but done Di Maria, Draxler or Kaka, but all 3 of those are in the frame

Draxler? Director Horst Heldt said this afternoon that they had to have an offer in the region of £70 mill to get tempted. Wont happen
Kaka? Let them have him. He's over the top big time, and is just a name. Even if he get half the wages he currently earns in RM, it would still be around 110-120K a week. Doubt Wenger would go for a 31 year old player with those wages.
Di Maria? Could happen, price in the region of £30-35 mill. Very good player at his best, but he is a cry baby and a diver. would have course be a good player for them, but wont help their squad. What they need is a CB and a Sandro/Capoue DM.

yeah, credit it him for admitting such a screw up - but you know what, sod it, its derby weekend

no time for any softly softly "respect" BS

"Arsene, you don't need Bale. But I heard about Brazilian left back......."
:ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross:

EEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW OOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

COYS

Draxler? Director Horst Heldt said this afternoon that they had to have an offer in the region of £70 mill to get tempted. Wont happen
Kaka? Let them have him. He's over the top big time, and is just a name. Even if he get half the wages he currently earns in RM, it would still be around 110-120K a week. Doubt Wenger would go for a 31 year old player with those wages.
Di Maria? Could happen, price in the region of £30-35 mill. Very good player at his best, but he is a cry baby and a diver. would have course be a good player for them, but wont help their squad. What they need is a CB and a Sandro/Capoue DM.

This is just what i don't get. It seems everyone out there understands what Arsenal need except for Wenger. Heck even a new goalkeeper would be an improvement, but that's not what they seem to be looking at either.

One reason i have liked this window, we've been very focused on getting exactly what we need, for the most part.

This is just what i don't get. It seems everyone out there understands what Arsenal need except for Wenger. Heck even a new goalkeeper would be an improvement, but that's not what they seem to be looking at either.

One reason i have liked this window, we've been very focused on getting exactly what we need, for the most part.

I'm surprised they still haven't signed Júlio César yet, it will be very interesting to see if they make any big signings before the deadline, but if I had to guess, I think they will only get Cabaye & Di Maria, with Kaka on loan.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/...nal-are-puppets-being-operated-by-Daniel-Levy

Real Madrid and Arsenal are puppets being operated by Daniel Levy

By Myles Palmer

From Raphael Jones: he who laughs last . . .

How we laughed in May when we secured 4th place.

It made it all the sweeter that it was at Tottenham's expense and that we could tease their fans that their whole team would be disbanded with the sale of just one player.

With the prospect of qualification for the Champions League group stages, we would be going shopping with between £70m and £100m in our back pocket, and we had a head start on everyone else.

Confusion reigned elsewhere with managerial changes aplenty. This was going to be our summer and we were going to kick **** (no pun intended) for the whole season ahead. Happy days indeed.

Fast forward three months and where are we?

Well, as you all know, we still have all our money having signed two freebies and we can rejoice in the news that Bendtner will be available to us after all following the departure of Chamakh and Gervinho. That's a relief , as I was concerned that we weren't going to sign a top quality striker before the end of the transfer window.

It is becoming clear that Tottenham have been planning retaliatory action for some time now.

But in contrast to Arsenal they have made their moves without any fanfare or publicity. They have sold or loaned out players early in the window. And my goodness, hasn't the counter attack been decisive?

Franco Baldini has made some impact. His little black book contains some impressive contacts.

A club that has failed yet again to qualify for Champions League has been hoovering up some talent this summer. They may not be household names but they all sound decent. What is galling is that at least two of the players, Capoue and Eriksen, have been linked with Arsenal for some time now. If we have money to burn, how come Tottenham have been stealing our potential targets from under our own noses?

But the answer is there for all to see.

Daniel Levy has a plan and has provided leadership for the club and it would seem that his manager and technical director are all working together.

Back at The Emirates there are reports that Wenger and Gazidis don't talk.

We know our owner is not given to idle gossip – he didn't get the moniker Silent Stan for nothing. I have heard no dissent from any of the Tottenham players,calling for action to strengthen the squad as we have heard from Messrs Arteta, Giroud and Wheelchair. This indicates to me that their players have been instructed to keep schtum in the knowledge that great things will happen in the transfer market.

Our transfer plans look to the outside world like they have been conducted by the Keystone Kops. We have been knocked back by so many clubs and players that we are losing any semblance of dignity and respect which really doesn't help us to persuade other top targets to come to The Emirates. That in itself is embarrassing but is exacerbated by Tottenham's success at luring quality players to club that's not in the Champions League.

How do they do it? They have decided that what they have done for a number of years hasn't worked so they have come up with a radical change in tactics. Spend decent money on decent players. No browsing at the end of season sales and trying to barter or make silly offers. Now that would be daft and risky.

No, they have a clear plan. They have all stuck to the plan. They have kept their integrity and dignity by not crowing over their ambitions or captures, even though they must be intensely delighted to see their closest rival in a cringeworthy situation having failed to land a single target. And it is embarrassing because all the papers are running stories about us and writing us off already. OMFG.

But the best bit, the icing on the cake, is that despite having spent £110m and needing to sell their star player to fund this extravagant shopping spree, they are still pulling all the strings.

Real Madrid and Arsenal are puppets being operated by Levy.

He will decide when he is going to sell Bale and for how much.

And it will be as late in the transfer window as he can possibly manage so as to give Arsenal as little time as possible to negotiate with the clubs and players (the Madrid Three all say they don't want to leave – nothing like willing volunteers) and arrange medicals, all of which is taking place during an international break. You couldn't write it.

So perhaps the best possible time for the North London derby is right now. Before the dust settles. We have done this to ourselves.

I was going to finish by saying that Levy has merely taken the humane action of dispatching us, but I suspect this season is going to be very long and Levy will be Chief Torturer.

P.S. As long as we continue to qualify for Champions League the status quo continues.

But has it occurred to anyone that Stan might want us to fail to qualify for European competition?

That way some wealthy individual or consortium would feel obliged to 'rescue' the club from its silent partner and be prepared to pay whatever price (£20k a share anyone?) it took to gain control.

An odd way of looking at it – diminishing the value to increase the price.

Aug 31, 2013

This must be the worst **** team that we have faced. Bolstered by the fact that no top team has tried to take any of their players this year as they dont exist or are injury prone. I support Spurs so dont often watch other rivals play but today I got to watch our main rival in their own ground and we had more possession, against a team who prides themselves at keeping the ball. If we gel quickly, we'll finish 10 points clear of Arsenal.

Back