• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

A goon I know posted this on his facebook wall;

"Anyone remember when the spuds from brick hart lane last won the league? Me neither I wasn't even born then."

He's 34 for the record.

I pointed out that his 6 year old son hadn't seen his beloved team win a trophy either and with the rate of decline currently on show, he might not ever live to see a trophy.

I fcuking hope we smash them on Sunday.

"Anyone remember when the spuds from brick hart lane last won the league? Me neither I wasn't even born then."

He's 34 for the record.

I pointed out that his 6 year old son hadn't seen his beloved team win a trophy either and with the rate of decline currently on show, he might not ever live to see a trophy.

his spelling is atrocious as well, White doesn't start with an 's'

Sensible decision is to accept the 20m than let him leave on a free. Seems a bit of a no brainier to me. If he stayed what's the best they could hope for? 4th? Why not take the 20 and get in another striker and they'd still be there or thereabouts.

Yes, but this is something coming from their chief executive Ivan Gazidis. He pretty much said that RVP won't go anywhere and would rather let him sit out the contract for that reason. I would take him, of course I would.

Ars?¿ne Wenger has categorically ruled out the prospect of Samir Nasri leaving this summer, going so far as to suggest that Arsenal could not be considered a "big club" if they lost both the France midfielder and Cesc F?íbregas.

"Samir's situation is clear for me," Wenger said. "He stays. We are in a [financial] position where we can say 'No' and we will, in the case of Samir." Wenger said that it was better to keep Nasri for another season and risk losing him for nothing than to sell him to United or City before the closure of the transfer window, even if it represented a ?ú20m gamble.

"You are the same people who reproach me for not spending money and now you reproach me for wanting to spend it," he added, with a smile. "It is in the interests of the club. F?íbregas is in no-man's land ... Imagine the worst situation, that we lose F?íbregas and Nasri; you cannot convince people that you are ambitious after that."

Check out the banner in this picture....http://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/5196284416/... think the pricks have done it again.

Seems like they have left out the two League Cups they have won, and actually included the Fairs Cup (up by the Cup Winners Cup, top right) :ross:

Do they even know their own history? Like the way they tried to make the PL trophies look like CL trophies too

Last edited:
Actually posted this in the Defoe thread... but maybe it should go here... with the same warning... DO NOT LOOK UNLESS YOU WISH TO GO BLIND

[video=youtube;lXAZJ28s1rU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAZJ28s1rU[/video]

He's 34 for the record.

Typical has-been mentality, living in the past.

As for that video, oh my GHod, how embarrassing. Do they actually like this sort of thing or do they think it's as terrible as we do?

Can we stop quoting that flipping mong song. I haven't clicked play as I don't want to take a shovel to my screen.

I listened to the last one with the bloke saying arsenal birds are really fit and promptly chundered all over my desk

For the last few weeks all I've been hearing about from Gooners is how many more trophies they've won than us, just because they've no longer got any ammunition seeing as we're clearly the best team in London.

This is the latest thing to come out:

424018_3359837644218_1517365154_33063845_1514418333_n.jpg

How convenient they have put 2 of their FA cups on there (Presumably the prem era ones) but have all their 1930's title trophies.

How about putting all FA + league cups (which they were desperate to win last season) and European trophies, won't look like such a gap then.

Cesc Fabregas has revealed that he has no plans to try and tempt Robin van Persie to join him at Barcelona

Apart from talking about it in the media every now and then I guess.

On my FB: "I'm officially not following Arsenal until the start of next season because I know this one is going to be a crap shoot as to where they finish in the league."

To which I commented "Die hard" which he then deleted. :D

My word:

Luka Modric:
Games: 23. Passes: 1612. Passing accuracy: 88.52%.

I'll see your Luka, and raise you Ledley

Ledley King:
Games: 15. Tackles won: 10. Tackle success: 76.92%. Clearances: 89. Headed clearances: 50. Goals: Passing accuracy: 91.79%. Goals: 0

Back