• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

you seem well versed in these sites and I wonder whether their threads on us are also the largest threads on those respective sites?

They were, but theres not much to laugh at about us these days is there.....

Blue moon has a 175 pg Tottenham Thread, as I said, conveniently renamed, and an 88pg thread slating Harry around his trial
A 150 pg "Rags v Chelsea" match thread
An 8pg thread on BAE not getting charged for a reckless challenge
A 137pg Liverpool thread
A 71pg "Rag Cafe" in Meltdown thread
A 73pg arsenal thread

RAWK
259pg arsenal thread
71 pg City thread
29pg Harry thread

I could go on, but whats the point? Its the same old argument as people moaning about singing anti arsenal songs. But when they do it its fine.

I suppose Inter are small time, for taking the tinkle out of Milan?

To be fair this thread hasn't always been about arsenal. If you read back through it you'll find that it just dissolves into general discussion every so often.

Plus we are their fiercest rivals, surely we should be taking some joy in their failings? Granted our success gives me more happiness, but i won't pretend i'm not pleased about Arsenal struggling after their fans giving it all that.

They were, but theres not much to laugh at about us these days is there.....

Blue moon has a 175 pg Tottenham Thread, as I said, conveniently renamed, and an 88pg thread slating Harry around his trial
A 150 pg "Rags v Chelsea" match thread
An 8pg thread on BAE not getting charged for a reckless challenge
A 137pg Liverpool thread
A 71pg "Rag Cafe" in Meltdown thread
A 73pg arsenal thread

RAWK
259pg arsenal thread
71 pg City thread
29pg Harry thread

I could go on, but whats the point? Its the same old argument as people moaning about singing anti arsenal songs. But when they do it its fine.

I suppose Inter are small time, for taking the tinkle out of Milan?

nice research but of course those threads have been going for years whereas this has been going for less than 2 months.

I accept i am in a minority of one and simply adding to the thread of course makes it larger so i shall bow out (dis)gracefully but will leave one final thought.

this thread is twice the size of our new stadium thread which, arguably, will see the greatest change to our club in any of our lifetimes, just doesn't sit right with me somehow.

this thread is twice the size of our new stadium thread which, arguably, will see the greatest change to our club in any of our lifetimes, just doesn't sit right with me somehow.

Stadium updates are rare?

Whereas chances to laugh at arsenal over the last two months have been pretty common?

Stadium updates are rare?

Whereas chances to laugh at arsenal over the last two months have been pretty common?
Plus the fact that the stadium thread on the old board was huge, but obviously all that got lost in the changeover. We could all re-discuss the stuff that happened from about 2008-2011 just to get that thread back up to its original size, but I don't think it'd be worth it :)

nice research but of course those threads have been going for years whereas this has been going for less than 2 months.

I accept i am in a minority of one and simply adding to the thread of course makes it larger so i shall bow out (dis)gracefully but will leave one final thought.

How much is there to talk about with regards to the new stadium? Meanwhile Arsenal are in massive decline, having lost 4-0 to Milan and 2-0 to Sunderland in the last 10 days, plus in the build up to the NLD.

Also, why have they had a Harry on trial thread for "years". The Spurs thread on BM started after they spanked us, and was also about Harry being the worst PL manager.

Hate the "small time" argument....might as well say "I know my place".

The thing that scares me is that we have seen this all before arsenal in a little trouble and then they come out and win a few games and are fine again. If we win this weekend i might just start to belive that things have changed thats how big this game is to me.

The thing that scares me is that we have seen this all before arsenal in a little trouble and then they come out and win a few games and are fine again. If we win this weekend i might just start to belive that things have changed thats how big this game is to me.

Thing is mate, theyve been on the slide for 6/7 yrs. How much leeway can a club have?

Its like, no matter how sh#t they get, people always think its just a blip. Their decline is not just the last months, due to a few injuries..

you seem well versed in these sites and I wonder whether their threads on us are also the largest threads on those respective sites?

Arsemania had a 300+ whooper on Spurs but was locked because some qunts took it O/T

Never got restarted probably because there was little to write about

eboue on twitter

"There is going to be so much pressure on the arsenal players on sunday.Thank GHod i am not there.. if not, everyone would put the blame on me"

"ItÔÇÖs not like weÔÇÖre 2nd and theyÔÇÖre 1st and beating us to an actual trophy; weÔÇÖre 4th and theyÔÇÖre 3rd, which is the very highest they can realistically hope of finishing this season. TheyÔÇÖve improved enough to overtake the worst Arsenal side for decades, but not enough to topple the Manchester clubs and win their first title since the days before colour TV."

fudging idiots. Do they realise that you judge which team is better now by, er, looking at what the teams are doing now? By his logic when Arsenal were winning titles in 1998, 2002 and 2004, they weren't really better than Man Utd or Liverpool in those seasons, because Man Utd and Liverpool still had more titles overall?

And this "they're only ahead of us because we've gone crap at the same time as them improving"... er... well... yeah. That's how football works you tossers! When our team of the 60's eventually faded away, and the Arsenal team of 1970/71 did the double, did it not count because we had become a worse team than we were in the previous decade? Did they think "Well, we've won the double, but if Spurs were as good as they used to be, we might not have, so it doesn't count!"?????

Give me strength.

All that says to me is they are getting their excuses in early for when we hopefully finish above them. They didn't seem to care that we were tinkle poor the season they went unbeaten. Plus you take into account the fact THEIR OWN PLAYERS have stated their goal is to "finish above Tottenham", no mentions of trophies in that statement from Szcezney or in Wheelchair's bet on twitter. Do they really expect us to not take pleasure from the the current state of affairs?

Some of my relatives are Arsenal fans. I get on with them, we can discuss football with each other without it getting heated. Even though they are incredibly biased about Arsenal, I still admire their knowledge of their team and of football in general. There are some gooners that aren't complete clams, they're just in the minority.

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry believes Tottenham have surged 'a mile' in front of their north London rivals and is hoping the derby can spark the Gunners into life.

The club's all-time top goalscorer returned to the Emirates for a short loan spell from MLS side New York Red Bulls earlier this season which ended with the crushing 4-0 defeat to AC Milan.

The Gunners went out of the FA Cup days later and are battling to save their season which now hinges on gaining Champions League football for next season

Harry Redknapp's Spurs on the other hand are on the up.

They remain outsiders for the title and are widely accepted as the most exciting attacking side in the league, a fact acknowledged by Henry.

Henry told Arsenal Player: 'For years we have been used to being on top of Tottenham, by a mile, and now it is the opposite. But this is the derby, which you don't want to lose, and we need those three points massively.

'I will be in Arizona for a pre-season camp and for sure I won't be watching it with (New York team-mate) Teemu Tainio because he's a Tottenham fan!

'Hopefully it will be the derby that can spark the players, the fans, everybody at Arsenal Football Club. We'll see.

'The league is going to be very difficult but the top four is in Arsenal's hands.

They have the squad, there is a long way to go, they have to play Chelsea at home, Tottenham at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home, Emirates Marketing Project at home… it is not impossible.'

Meanwhile Arsenal and Tottenham have issued a joint statement warning supporters that anti-social behaviour during Sunday's north London derby will not be tolerated.

The capital rivals meet at Emirates Stadium with the reception awaiting Spurs' former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor the biggest concern.

Adebayor, who is expected to recover from a knee injury in time to play, was the target of abuse during the first meeting between the sides at White Hart Lane in October.

'Ahead of Sunday's game, both clubs are actively encouraging all fans to focus on getting behind their team and enjoying what promises to be a great match,' read the statement.

A north London derby is always a special occasion and we hope this game will be remembered for both the action on the pitch as well as the positive support for both teams off it.

'All fans should be aware that breaches of ground regulations - including anti-social behaviour - will not be tolerated.'

Back