• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Call me small time. Whatever. You know what my number one target for Spurs and Pochettino is this season is? Forget trophies, top four finishes, Champions League runs etc. I don't care if we finish in 19th place.* Just finish above these clowns. Just once before Wenger goes. I'm absolutely fudgeing sick of watching them in meltdown and laughing at their misfortune only for them to get their act together juuuuuuust enough to claim that they're still better than us.

It's been 21 fudgeing seasons. I was seven years old last time we finished above them.

Look at them now. Once again, their fan base is in revolt, their defence an absolute mess and going into ANOTHER season with Giroud and Walcott as their main strikers. I really don't see Wenger staying past this season. So this has to be the one. We cannot allow a man to manage them for 20 years and retire without having finished behind us even once.

We were better than them last season, as we were in 2012. But we let them off the hook both times and their gloating run continued. In both instances we threw away seemingly unassailable leads in games against them in the second half of the season and ended up finishing just a point behind. Please Tottenham, finish the fudgeing job this time around.

*Obviously I care about trophies, top four, Champions League spots and finishing above 19th place. But you get my point.

well we finally managed to finish above a Ferguson managed United shortly before he retired so hopefully the same will happen here

Call me small time. Whatever. You know what my number one target for Spurs and Pochettino is this season is? Forget trophies, top four finishes, Champions League runs etc. I don't care if we finish in 19th place.* Just finish above these clowns. Just once before Wenger goes. I'm absolutely fudgeing sick of watching them in meltdown and laughing at their misfortune only for them to get their act together juuuuuuust enough to claim that they're still better than us.

It's been 21 fudgeing seasons. I was seven years old last time we finished above them.

Look at them now. Once again, their fan base is in revolt, their defence an absolute mess and going into ANOTHER season with Giroud and Walcott as their main strikers. I really don't see Wenger staying past this season. So this has to be the one. We cannot allow a man to manage them for 20 years and retire without having finished behind us even once.

We were better than them last season, as we were in 2012. But we let them off the hook both times and their gloating run continued. In both instances we threw away seemingly unassailable leads in games against them in the second half of the season and ended up finishing just a point behind. Please Tottenham, finish the fudgeing job this time around.

*Obviously I care about trophies, top four, Champions League spots and finishing above 19th place. But you get my point.

if it was ever going to happen it was last season. Forget about it now

Arsène Wenger on SFR Sport: "We must be responsible. At the end of the day we are a company with 600 employees. Everyone must be paid at the end of the month."

Some gooner said:
He's a smug ****er arsey is, a smug ****er, never apologises to fans for the ****test display i've seen in a long time, flimflam excuses about paying staff blah blah, telling me the chef is on 200k a week? **** off Arsène. Wenger is still living in the 2000-2004 era, we're not ****ing portsmouth we deserve to be competing with the best, and until wenger goes im afraid it's a backwards journey.... Then again, i don't trust the ****ing board at all picking his predecessor - Simeone? Give over lmfao, he'd rather **** in his hands and smear it over himself before he joins us at the rate we're declining.

As mediocre as he is, he's still a step above Walcott. Gooner meltdown incoming unless they sign another wide player.
Not just any wide player. He has to cost at least £50m. I actually loved Wengers comments when asked about not spending. He then said:

"If I buy you for £45m tomorrow, does it mean I have done well? If I listen to you then I will have done well because I spent the money, but spending the money in itself is not the quality. It is a bit surprising that we come out of a football match and we do not speak about the football, we speak about money. Nobody is speaking about the performance of Rob Holding today. You should be happy; he is English, he is 20 years old, but I'm sorry he didn't cost £55m, so he cannot be any good."

A lot of what Wenger says is true, but he does have an agenda. For a club of Woolwich standing and a track record of being in the CL for 17 years they should be signing players that win them domestic championships and reaching the semi-finals of CL. Wenger wants to sign players that only he sees have talent and then show the world how clever he is. He rarely buys established stars preferring the players with talent but have failed to product at their club or "young talent". His track record with buying young british is very scratchy (Upson, Wright, Jeffers) and although some have a little success they never reach world class level such as the first batch of young foreign players he recruited. Much as I like we are trying to bring players through our academy I would expect us to be trying to recruit the best available if we were able to qualify for the CL for 3/4 years on the trot.

A lot of what Wenger says is true, but he does have an agenda. For a club of Woolwich standing and a track record of being in the CL for 17 years they should be signing players that win them domestic championships and reaching the semi-finals of CL. Wenger wants to sign players that only he sees have talent and then show the world how clever he is. He rarely buys established stars preferring the players with talent but have failed to product at their club or "young talent". His track record with buying young british is very scratchy (Upson, Wright, Jeffers) and although some have a little success they never reach world class level such as the first batch of young foreign players he recruited. Much as I like we are trying to bring players through our academy I would expect us to be trying to recruit the best available if we were able to qualify for the CL for 3/4 years on the trot.
Podolski, Arshavin, Özil, Sanchez, Giroud, Xhaka, Cech to name a few. Not spending on established players??

Yea it's a bit of a myth that they don't spend, they've had some huge transfers over the years, not to mention they are in the top 10 sports clubs in the world for wages.

Yea it's a bit of a myth that they don't spend, they've had some huge transfers over the years, not to mention they are in the top 10 sports clubs in the world for wages.

The problem is that they pay world class wages to absolute dross because Wenger wants equality and when they do spend it's usually not on the players they actually need.

If I we agree they were established players they are hardly world class with the exception of Ozil, who would have taken them to where they should have been. Cech best days are behind him, Sanchez is the ideal Wenger signing not wanted at a big club but Wenger turns him into a world beater and proves everyone else is wrong and he is right.

Back