• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Who can take over from what is essence the manager who changed football forever in the UK.
Sadly he has hung on just too long and it will be just like when SAF left unless Arsenal act proactively. I personally rate Wenger as one of the best manager I've seen if not the best. Sad to see his legacy being diluted by the board allowing think to stagnate for so long.

Last edited:
Who can take over from what is essence the manager who changed football forever in the UK.

Sadly he has hung on just too long and it will be just like when SAF left.

I personally rate Wenger as the best manager I've seen.

Unlike Fergie, at least he hasn't spunked all their money on rubbish.

Wait, that's not a good thing. :(

Unlike Fergie, at least he hasn't spunked all their money on rubbish.

Wait, that's not a good thing. :(

Arsenal can only act as a rough blueprint for us. They are to be commended on listerning to David Dein.

Now they need to plan for life after Arsene and quickly or waste the last 10 years.
They currently are all over the place planning wise.

Last edited:
No man is bigger than a football club not even Arsene. He is rewarded handsomely by the club so it's not like he is working out of the goodness of his heart. He has brought this on himself by giving the impression that he is happy to settle for the 4th place trophy every season despite the immense resources.

I am not saying that, of course no manager is bigger than a club, never will be, but I am highlighting the class. I think its clear the Wenger time is up at Arsenal but even as the sworn enemy I can stand here and say I respect the job he has done at Arsenal, I would even as a footballing person cast huge respect on finishing 2nd last season in a footballing climate where the more respected managers gain respect by spunking a shed load of cash, see for me within the criticism lies what he has done.

Is he happy to just finish 4th? I think one of the biggest piles you hear in football, of course he is not, I sense that Wenger as a real Arsenal man hurts as much as anyone not winning things, but I also think he is protective of whats needed to run a club, Emirates Marketing Project are the future, maybe, but for every squad they have bought in the last 5 years they have shed the same number of players, within one or two seasons for less cash than they were purchased, Bony would be a live example, times that by 25+ players and you have Emirates Marketing Project as a culture, yes they win things, yes that is the name of the game, but once you enter that arena of how to run a club thats it, your soul is sold and there is no going back, so I can see why the club and Wenger do as they do, and to be fair they do it pretty well. For me its the clambour of 5 superstar multimiliion £ players that is wrong.

I liken it to us, I don't ever want to see they day we act like that, yes I want to see good players, yes I want to see us invest in the team, but I want to do it within the class that I believe we have always operated in, as soon as we lose that for a culture like some tacoy Arsenal fans demand, I am off

Call me small time. Whatever. You know what my number one target for Spurs and Pochettino is this season is? Forget trophies, top four finishes, Champions League runs etc. I don't care if we finish in 19th place.* Just finish above these clowns. Just once before Wenger goes. I'm absolutely fudgeing sick of watching them in meltdown and laughing at their misfortune only for them to get their act together juuuuuuust enough to claim that they're still better than us.

It's been 21 fudgeing seasons. I was seven years old last time we finished above them.

Look at them now. Once again, their fan base is in revolt, their defence an absolute mess and going into ANOTHER season with Giroud and Walcott as their main strikers. I really don't see Wenger staying past this season. So this has to be the one. We cannot allow a man to manage them for 20 years and retire without having finished behind us even once.

We were better than them last season, as we were in 2012. But we let them off the hook both times and their gloating run continued. In both instances we threw away seemingly unassailable leads in games against them in the second half of the season and ended up finishing just a point behind. Please Tottenham, finish the fudgeing job this time around.

*Obviously I care about trophies, top four, Champions League spots and finishing above 19th place. But you get my point.
We had a glorious chance last season. But we're no longer pushovers and have become legitimate challengers in recent times.

But ultimately the table doesn't lie.

And it's more about us than them.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm told that the Goons spent more money on players a couple of days ago, than they ever have before.

Wenger was moaning that the fans are stupid and only want you to spend big money for the sake of spending it... then he lashes out big bucks.

But who are these players, I've never heard of them, are they good, great or ?

Just heard on the radio Arsenal wants to send Wheelchair out on loan. The reason: to give him more game time. *giggle* What? What?? They also said he has fallen way down in the pecking order at Arsenal. He's not the Messiah?? Burn him!

CrF7OAQWEAAWprd.jpg

Is it not a rumour that he is bow legged or pigeon footed? So he runs weird and gets injured loads?

Messi had same problem but adapted out of it.

Not saying this is an excuse, just throwing it in the mix as something I heard

Sadly he has hung on just too long and it will be just like when SAF left unless Arsenal act proactively. I personally rate Wenger as one of the best manager I've seen if not the best. Sad to see his legacy being diluted by the board allowing think to stagnate for so long.

Neither of these should invoke feelings of sadness for Spurs fans. We should be relieved...very relieved.

Neither of these should invoke feelings of sadness for Spurs fans. We should be relieved...very relieved.

Why?
Wenger has done a fantastic job at Arsenal. Being a Spurs doesn't stop me admiring other teams managers and players, or should I say, it should not!

One of the best manager displays I have seen was when Mourinho took his Chelsea team to City when they were in there pomp a few seasons back, they were running away with the title and got a brilliant draw!

Can't stand the man but he can manage well sadly!

I love football AND support Spurs.

Last edited:
Back