• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I expect the clubs response will be, there are plenty of mugs out there to replace him. We are just the extras at the show as in Ben Hur, soon as Sky can make the grounds look full with CGI we can all f.o.

I know we all hate Arsenal and Wenger but i have to say in the league table of hate I respect what Wenger achieved at Arsenal and their fans are a disgrace in how they are treating the bloke.

It is effectively his last season at the club and based on what he did they should be applauding him every game and giving him a grand send off, instead they show what they know and how little class they have by hurling abuse, not realising if it wasn't for him they would be jack all

I know we all hate Arsenal and Wenger but i have to say in the league table of hate I respect what Wenger achieved at Arsenal and their fans are a disgrace in how they are treating the bloke.

It is effectively his last season at the club and based on what he did they should be applauding him every game and giving him a grand send off, instead they show what they know and how little class they have by hurling abuse, not realising if it wasn't for him they would be jack all

Very true, but the truth is that all clubs have a section of fans that are macarons, it the way the game is in todays world.

Very true, but the truth is that all clubs have a section of fans that are macarons, it the way the game is in todays world.

Of course, and I understand that for sure but I also believe other clubs would have pockets of fans that outweigh that voice, with Arsenal its not the case at all

It's always been that way - it's just that now they have the internet to carry their voices further.

I agree to a point ( especially about the internet and teletext), but it seems the norm nowadays to have a scream/bitch/moan about things when they do not go the way you want them too, far more then it used to be.

Having said that maybe its all down to what you say ( the internet, teletext) giving the macarons more of a voice to be heard.

Of course, and I understand that for sure but I also believe other clubs would have pockets of fans that outweigh that voice, with Arsenal its not the case at all

Maybe, but there are a lot of Arse fans who do appreciate what Wenger has done for them but they tend not to vent, cry all the time on teletext etc.

What worries them the most is that they don't know this for sure. The board will be happy to let him carry on barring a massive failure this season and he has no life outside Arsenal.

I agree to a point ( especially about the internet and tacoter), but it seems the norm nowadays to have a scream/bitch/moan about things when they do not go the way you want them too, far more then it used to be.

Having said that maybe its all down to what you say ( the internet, tacoter) giving the macarons more of a voice to be heard.

I remember going to union meetings in 60/70's when we were discussing job loses, wages, re-training and other issues relating to the members and apart from the committee only 1 or 2 people spoke, now the whole world want to broadcast their opinion on everything.

What worries them the most is that they don't know this for sure. The board will be happy to let him carry on barring a massive failure this season and he has no life outside Arsenal.
This is a good point. If they sung his praises all season, they would be worried the board would think, well the supporters love him, let's give him a contract.

No man is bigger than a football club not even Arsene. He is rewarded handsomely by the club so it's not like he is working out of the goodness of his heart. He has brought this on himself by giving the impression that he is happy to settle for the 4th place trophy every season despite the immense resources of Arsenal. Great if the club can get a little more than that but no real ambition for the top prizes. There has been an element of panic to his signings in recent years, Welbeck last minute, mertebricker over a top quality centre back, podolski, abortive attempts at bringing in players like schneiderlin. It seems to follow a pattern of indecision in the transfer market.

Which other manager of a big club has the unswerving support of their board in the face of winning nothing for so long? Last season was the clincher, Leicester and Spurs played out of their skins to achieve what they did whilst it was business as usual at Arsenal. I really feared it would be their season with the other big clubs in disarray. I neednt have worried. The fans pay a lot of money to watch the club. They see the club come near the top of football's rich list year after year and yet they are scrambling to finish above Spurs and a good distance from the title. Yes they should be more respect ful to him for what he has achieved but imo he has overstayed.

I understand the fans' frustration but it should be directed at the board for allowing the club to coast. That's what you get for letting the money men run a football club and why we should be thankful to Daniel Levy for running the club well but being ambitious at the same time.

Last edited:
Back