• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I agree. I hope you are not right but I think in true Spurs fashion we missed a golden opportunity to swap places with the Woolwich Nomads.

I could understand that if Arsenal were faltering but they are top of the league by a distance - what you are doing here is condemming us because we are aren't up there with them in front of Chelsea/City by several points. Which is unfair to say the least

I could understand that if Arsenal were faltering but they are top of the league by a distance - what you are doing here is condemming us because we are aren't up there with them in front of Chelsea/City by several points. Which is unfair to say the least

I think what is being said that in two recent seasons we had leads of 10 and 7 points and both of those seasons The Goons ended up with CL and we did not.

Who is the third team that's better than them? City at home are by far the best team in the league, and once they sort their away form out will canter to the title, but Chelsea haven't looked that great and then I don't really think there's a team we can say are currently on Arsenal's level.

Utd are better (just had a far tougher start). Chelsea are comfortably better even without firing properly.

Umm.....yes.

Then AVB should be sacked as we are barely above Norwich.

This whole thread is ********. People finding excuses as to why **** wont/cant win the league and yeah they swept aside 12 of the bottom 13 yet we ****in struggle winning with penalties and alike haha. Laughable.

They may have been beating the bottom teams but is that not how it works? Didn't Man Utd win leagues beating the lesser sides and maybe not being great against the challengers?

If you win most of your matches against the bottom 13, you're looking at close to 70 points already from that group. And it isn't like Arsenal are losing every game against the top 6 either.

I don't think they'll win, I think Pellegrini will sort out the away form eventually but I don't see how this is in any way a negative.

We should revisit this in 3 league games time. A lot can change in football, and very quickly. They could very well prove their title credentials too

Seeing as we're 6th, there's 14 teams below us. Arsenal have played 12 of them and gotten 28 points. We've played 10 and gotten 22 points.

Arsenal's ppg: 2.33
Tottenham's ppg: 2.2

The NLD alone makes up 6 of the 10 points that separate the two teams.

The fixtures that both teams have played:

Hull (H): Both teams won
Norwich (H): Both teams won
Cardiff (A): Both teams won
Fulham (A): Both teams won
Crystal Palace (A): Both teams won

The next one will be Sunderland (A), which we play this weekend. Arsenal won up there.

Depends what arsenal do in January, and how a fully fit Walcott and podolski work out

Can't write them off as they have the best player in the league running the show for them

If you win most of your matches against the bottom 13, you're looking at close to 70 points already from that group. And it isn't like Arsenal are losing every game against the top 6 either.

I don't think they'll win, I think Pellegrini will sort out the away form eventually but I don't see how this is in any way a negative.

Seems like another easy-peasy win for Arsenal while City and Chelsea have struggling wins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25115947

Arsenal slipped up against United who are not very good.

They have Everton, City and Chelsea coming up. Maybe this season could get interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/fixtures

Utd are better (just had a far tougher start). Chelsea are comfortably better even without firing properly.
United clearly aren't better than them. Chelsea have a better squad sure but I've seen nothing this season to think they're a better team. On current form them and Emirates Marketing Project are undeniably the best teams in the league.

They may have been beating the bottom teams but is that not how it works? Didn't Man Utd win leagues beating the lesser sides and maybe not being great against the challengers?

Pretty much... Hopefully the trend doesn't continue come the end of this season...

United clearly aren't better than them. Chelsea have a better squad sure but I've seen nothing this season to think they're a better team. On current form them and Emirates Marketing Project are undeniably the best teams in the league

Fortunately, Arsenal don't get to just play the **** teams all season. At some point they have to play the good ones, and considering their only improvement in playing staff is a player more famous for hiding in big matches than anything else, there's clearly nothing for everyone to be getting their panties in a twist over.

And I'd say Arsenal clearly are not better than Utd. Utd have finished ahead of them for a few seasons now - and in that time have gained Arsenal's best player in too.

For anyone doubting a potential Arsenal collapse, just look at Southampton. Had they won against Arsenal, they could have topped the table.

As it was, a Boruc error, and a penalty saw Arsenal come away with the win. Southampton have now lost three in a row.

Obviously Arsenal have a better team than Southampton but, the result and quick shift in form proved what can happen following a defeat and games against harder sides where form dips.

A long way to go in this season.

Fortunately, Arsenal don't get to just play the **** teams all season. At some point they have to play the good ones, and considering their only improvement in playing staff is a player more famous for hiding in big matches than anything else, there's clearly nothing for everyone to be getting their panties in a twist over.

And I'd say Arsenal clearly are not better than Utd. Utd have finished ahead of them for a few seasons now - and in that time have gained Arsenal's best player in too.

We've also played some crap teams, our start hasn't been that much more difficult than theirs. Ramsey looks like a completely different player, Giroud is starting to look the business as well. I'm not saying they will win the league, but I'm also not writing them off completely either. They will be 3rd at the very least.

Wenger moaning about how players on loan should play against their parent club, me thinks he is worried about dropping points on sunday against lukuka good bit of business that by Moanrinho taking points of his rivals without chelsea even playing.

No it isn't. Lukaku should be Chelsea's main striker, his form is a lot better than any of the current Chelsea strikers.

To be fair, Wenger has criticized the loan system before, shortly before they got Benayoun on loan. The likes of Bendtner, Wheelchair and that Japanese kid have spent seasons on loan at Premier League clubs. Oh, I get it now.

Back