• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

No it isn't. Lukaku should be Chelsea's main striker, his form is a lot better than any of the current Chelsea strikers.

True, although Chelsea are still 2nd in the league even with arguably their best striker out on loan and so long as Lukaku keeps on helping to take points off of their title rivals then it's a no lose situation for Jose.

Perhaps next season Chelsea will loan out Torres and Ba to teams like Everton and WBA in order to scupper their title chasing rivals...

True, although Chelsea are still 2nd in the league even with arguably their best striker out on loan and so long as Lukaku keeps on helping to take points off of their title rivals then it's a no lose situation for Jose.

Perhaps next season Chelsea will loan out Torres and Ba to teams like Everton and WBA in order to scupper their title chasing rivals...

Would rather they loaned him to us..or even better Lukaku

Would rather they loaned him to us..or even better Lukaku

That'd be great but absolutely no chance that Mourinho would ever do AVB any favours... it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Chelsea loaned out Willian to another mid-table club next season just to rub it in what we could've had.

Arsène Wenger has called for the introduction of an ethics committee to arbitrate on the fairness of fixture scheduling as he railed against Arsenal's treatment in the buildup to a defining week.

Arsenal face Everton at 4pm on Sunday and travel to Emirates Marketing Project for the 12.45pm kick-off on Saturday, the tightest turnaround from one weekend to the next. The problem, however, is that they must visit Napoli on Wednesday for their final Champions League Group F match, with their progress in the competition not certain.

If they were to lose by three goals and Borussia Dortmund beat Marseille in France, Arsenal would exit with 12 points, which would be tough to take. Accordingly the Arsenal manager has a difficult decision concerning the composition of his team in Naples. The squad will arrive home in the small hours of Thursday and travel to Manchester on Friday. It would be a risk to rotate players wholesale against Napoli and Wenger is not a gambler.

His ire, though, was directed at the television companies that, he says, have total control over when the Premier League's matches are played. It was implicit in his criticism that he felt the football authorities lacked the strength to stand up to them, hence his demand for independent outside help.

"I would like that there is an ethics committee who looks if the clubs are in the right position and have the right protection for English football to do well," Wenger said. "It is a fact the way football is sold that every television [station] has its own rights. They don't care when you have already played. They think: 'Is it a nice time to play on Saturday morning this game between Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project? OK.' They don't look to see if we played on Wednesday. The way football is sold does not protect you."

It was put to Wenger that other national associations sought to help the teams that played in European competition. "We give handicaps," he said. "We play Wednesday night and then Saturday morning. If you are responsible for Arsenal Football Club, you would not say: 'I want to play on Sunday, Wednesday, then Saturday morning.'"

Wenger did muster a little gallows humour. "That [the ethics committee] is ideal but I do not even like to speak about it any more because people say: 'You make excuses.' I don't want to do that. We can do nothing, so I shut my mouth and just try to win the next game. That is what I have learned in 17 years: shut up and play."

Wenger can smile at the moment and it was tempting to think that, if his biggest gripe was the Arsenal schedule, then he has got it good in comparison with recent seasons. After City the club face Chelsea at home on Monday 23 December and they will know much more about their capacity to win the title after the period. They enter the Everton game on top of the table.

"It is massively demanding because we have big games and, mentally as well, we want to be at a level to concentrate every time we turn up, with the top level of commitment," Wenger said. "That is a big challenge for us."

Wenger said Lukas Podolski had trained fully on Friday for the first time since tearing a hamstring on 27 August and the forward could be in contention for the City game. "He is fully fit, he just lacks competition," Wenger said. "One week? Yes."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/07/arsene-wenger-arsenal-fixture-schedule

Arsène Wenger has called for the introduction of an ethics committee to arbitrate on the fairness of fixture scheduling as he railed against Arsenal's treatment in the buildup to a defining week.

Arsenal face Everton at 4pm on Sunday and travel to Emirates Marketing Project for the 12.45pm kick-off on Saturday, the tightest turnaround from one weekend to the next. The problem, however, is that they must visit Napoli on Wednesday for their final Champions League Group F match, with their progress in the competition not certain.

If they were to lose by three goals and Borussia Dortmund beat Marseille in France, Arsenal would exit with 12 points, which would be tough to take. Accordingly the Arsenal manager has a difficult decision concerning the composition of his team in Naples. The squad will arrive home in the small hours of Thursday and travel to Manchester on Friday. It would be a risk to rotate players wholesale against Napoli and Wenger is not a gambler.

His ire, though, was directed at the television companies that, he says, have total control over when the Premier League's matches are played. It was implicit in his criticism that he felt the football authorities lacked the strength to stand up to them, hence his demand for independent outside help.

"I would like that there is an ethics committee who looks if the clubs are in the right position and have the right protection for English football to do well," Wenger said. "It is a fact the way football is sold that every television [station] has its own rights. They don't care when you have already played. They think: 'Is it a nice time to play on Saturday morning this game between Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project? OK.' They don't look to see if we played on Wednesday. The way football is sold does not protect you."

It was put to Wenger that other national associations sought to help the teams that played in European competition. "We give handicaps," he said. "We play Wednesday night and then Saturday morning. If you are responsible for Arsenal Football Club, you would not say: 'I want to play on Sunday, Wednesday, then Saturday morning.'"

Wenger did muster a little gallows humour. "That [the ethics committee] is ideal but I do not even like to speak about it any more because people say: 'You make excuses.' I don't want to do that. We can do nothing, so I shut my mouth and just try to win the next game. That is what I have learned in 17 years: shut up and play."

Wenger can smile at the moment and it was tempting to think that, if his biggest gripe was the Arsenal schedule, then he has got it good in comparison with recent seasons. After City the club face Chelsea at home on Monday 23 December and they will know much more about their capacity to win the title after the period. They enter the Everton game on top of the table.

"It is massively demanding because we have big games and, mentally as well, we want to be at a level to concentrate every time we turn up, with the top level of commitment," Wenger said. "That is a big challenge for us."

Wenger said Lukas Podolski had trained fully on Friday for the first time since tearing a hamstring on 27 August and the forward could be in contention for the City game. "He is fully fit, he just lacks competition," Wenger said. "One week? Yes."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/07/arsene-wenger-arsenal-fixture-schedule

Wonder if they'll try and pull a fast one like they did last year getting their Boxing Day game moved to the next day.

ScaredCleanAustraliankelpie.gif

EcstaticCooperativeEskimodog.gif

I know this probably approaches conspiracy theory territory, but anyone else find it a little strange that Wenger so readily admitted that Wheelchair did something wrong and that he might have to serve a ban for it?

Could it be that he's thinking about dropping Wheelchair anyway as players like Arteta and Flamini might be more effective for them, but that he needs an excuse to drop Wheelchair?

looks like Ozil might be out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury

1997 - wow.

They were 12 points behind United and finished 1 point ahead.

In 1998 Aston Villa were top with 39 points from 20 games, they finished 6th with 55 points. Ridiculous amount of draws back then, you could win the league with less than 80 points.

Is this the same Bendtner that their fans were calling a joke and didn't want him anywhere near the club?

Back