• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Re: Lets not laugh at the other North London club 2013/2014

TallSport tonight on the way home was Radio gold...for a change.

Arsenal fans wanting to get knocked out of the CL so Wenger gets sacked. I dont think I would ever want Spurs to lose a game, unless of course winning meant Arsenal would win the title!

Arsenal increasingly looking like the flustered husband desperately trying to do all his shopping just as the stores are closing on Christmas Eve.

ok, so we have a dodgy keeper, a dodgy defence and our best attacker is walcott, the only position we have some decent players is centre mid, who should we put a bid in for?

wengerbad.jpg

I still think they will get their act together and probably get top 4, but I'm absolutely loving all the angst from their fans at the moment :lol:

just bought the missus an arsenal bra for her birthday... she hates it! she said the supports crap and it wont be long till the tits are out both cups

Cabaye's a good player but a strange choice for Arsenal given their squad's current deficiencies. Wenger's clearly not daft, but it's difficult to see what his thinking is here unless he's got plenty more irons in the fire and Cabaye is simply being sought as an option to beef up the squad.

Cabaye's a good player but a strange choice for Arsenal given their squad's current deficiencies. Wenger's clearly not daft, but it's difficult to see what his thinking is here unless he's got plenty more irons in the fire and Cabaye is simply being sought as an option to beef up the squad.

I said that earlier on to some friends. They clearly need a holding midfielder, a keeper, at least one forwards and a keeper as a minimum. Cabaye is none of the above, as good a player as he is. To me he is like Arteta so I just don't be it.

Would be great to have someone else come in for him now and gazzump them again:)

I said that earlier on to some friends. They clearly need a holding midfielder, a keeper, at least one forwards and a keeper as a minimum. Cabaye is none of the above, as good a player as he is. To me he is like Arteta so I just don't be it.

Would be great to have someone else come in for him now and gazzump them again:)

Arteta plays as their holding midfielder when fit and is very important to them.

Could be that Cabaye could play the same role for them, but next to Tiote at Saudi Sportswashing Machine he's been playing fairly differently I think.

Considering how many games Ramsey gets each season I think Cabaye would make them quite a bit stronger overall even though he might not be a first choice when fit. They're also relying quite heavily on Rosicky these days and his age is obviously an issue.

I can see why Wenger would like Cabaye, but they have other areas that need strengthening too for sure.

Arteta plays as their holding midfielder when fit and is very important to them.

Could be that Cabaye could play the same role for them, but next to Tiote at Saudi Sportswashing Machine he's been playing fairly differently I think.

Considering how many games Ramsey gets each season I think Cabaye would make them quite a bit stronger overall even though he might not be a first choice when fit. They're also relying quite heavily on Rosicky these days and his age is obviously an issue.

I can see why Wenger would like Cabaye, but they have other areas that need strengthening too for sure.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that....maybe he is trying to upgrade Ramsey (decent player himself mind but probably not of the level Arsenal need). I still cannot understand why they have not made any really 'knock your socks off' type signings. I know they were in for Higuain and Suarez but you get the feeling that they could have done more to get those players.The money's there by all accounts and they themselves were talking up their chances of signing the likes of Rooney. Obviously there's still time for them to bring players in but with each passing day and with them seemingly moving from one arbitrary target to another, it's staring to feel like they are actually starting to scratch around in a bit of a panic, rather than executing any sort of well thought out buying strategy. If Cabaye is the extent of their transfer business come the deadline, then I'll be more than happy and will actually be (relatively) confident of beating them to fourth this season (cue Liverpool resurgence :)).

G Nev (too late now) & Carra (it’s panic) tear into Arsenal’s lack of transfer activity on MNF

[video=youtube;mTcEQCm_I8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mTcEQCm_I8g[/video]

great point by Carra at 1.23min, saying that the only ones overspending at Arse are the fans when buying the most expensive season tickets in the PL but the club will never overspend on a player =D>

Isn't their wage bill £52 million MORE than ours, surely this explains where the money has gone/is going?

Isn't their wage bill £52 million MORE than ours, surely this explains where the money has gone/is going?

This, or a number thereabouts has certainly been true in the past. How it will end up this season I'm not sure as they've cleared up their squad considerably without signing anyone of note so far whilst we look likely to sign a player or two at some point ;)

Despite this though that's not where all their money has gone. They have a reported £150m-ish sitting around available to spend, money in the bank type available. Compared to £180m-ish for all the other PL clubs combined...

Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.

Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).

Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.

Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.

Arsemania posters are livid, albeit pretty complimentary of us. We have them on the ropes and need to go for the KO.

Arsemania posters are livid, albeit pretty complimentary of us. We have them on the ropes and need to go for the KO.

They'll be getting the last laugh when they sign Suarez and Rooney!

I know, I know, but don't tell them. We need them to stay away from Willian and Lamela...

great point by Carra at 1.23min, saying that the only ones overspending at Arse are the fans when buying the most expensive season tickets in the PL but the club will never overspend on a player =D>

I don't agree with him on Mertesacker and Arteta though, they've been good signings.

Back