• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Re: Lets not laugh at the other North London club 2013/2014

There can't be a Spurs fan alive who wasn't happy to see Villa knock three past Arsenal on the weekend. And I think we're all relishing the prospect of Fenerbache knocking them out before the group stages of the Champions League.

But at the same time, I'm still worried that they're going to surprise everyone with their transfer activity over the next couple of weeks. I think they'll spend big. And unfortunately I also think they'll spend well. Let's hope not though, because if they don't I think they could be in trouble this season. And even if they do... with a bit of luck Fenerbache will score a shed-load of goals this week and pretty much put the Champions League Qualifier to bed before Wenger can bring in reinforcements.

Interesting times.

I'd love to see a team come in for Whilshere now. UTD!?

@LeeClayton_ 9m

Arsenal bid for Cabaye... on the day of a Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. That's poor form and a sign of how desperate they are.

I understand Saudi Sportswashing Machine to reject offer for Cabaye. As it stands, he plays tonight, but how is his head?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine planning to play hard ball. Cabaye starts tonight (as it stands)

Arsenal have made 'other bids' today too. Suddenly, they are adopting a machine gun approach.

They did a couple seasons ago as well, with the signings of Mertesacker and Arteta. They all just came out of nowhere on deadline day #levystyle

Such a sense of entitlement. Imagine if those ****s went through the 90s and 00s like Spurs.

I've often said the same, to Goons I know .

Some Goonfantalk vids after the Villa game on the link below. They're not a happy bunch.:ross:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=arsenalfantv+villa&oq=arsenalfantv+villa&gs_l=youtube.12...3081.6133.0.7312.6.6.0.0.0.0.121.643.1j5.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.oerTXkZyr3I

They did a couple seasons ago as well, with the signings of Mertesacker and Arteta. They all just came out of nowhere on deadline day #levystyle

That was more after the 8-2 spanking that they ran out to buy anyone .. they will do similar if they get a bad result this week.

Theo was again marking space when they had the ball and standing holding hands with the defenders when we had the ball
:lol:

can't blame Theo, Villa got 3 goals on Saturday and Space didn't score any of them

The Cabaye bid is £10m according to the BBC.

Clown antics.

Must be nearly time for Joe Kinnear's reaction. Should be good, hope a journo is chasing him for a quote.

Best possible scenario: Losing out to Fenerbache after two incredibly tough matches. With all the injuries they've got, and the thin squad, they have to you the same players all the time. You should think that will make them suffer in the next two league games as well.
Then into the EL, with the same amount of matches as in CL \o/

I'd love to see a team come in for Whilshere now. UTD!?

That's not a bad shout. Wheelchair is a bit like a young Scholes, in his pomp he made Utd tick, just the way everything goes through him @ the Wanderers. And I would laugh my ass off if they lost him.......unfortunately I don't that will happen.

Best possible scenario: Losing out to Fenerbache after two incredibly tough matches. With all the injuries they've got, and the thin squad, they have to you the same players all the time. You should think that will make them suffer in the next two league games as well.
Then into the EL, with the same amount of matches as in CL \o/

Best possible indeed but think it unlikely. Think too much is being made of one game.

Best possible indeed but think it unlikely. Think too much is being made of one game.

Most definitely. How many times do we see them having a crisis or meltdown and then see them come back from it.

I'll only be able to properly laugh at them once we finish above them or (more importantly imo) actually win something.

If true, bidding 10m for Cabaye does seem a bit silly, think he's worth at least 15m and everyone knows that they've got plenty of money and are also in desperate need of players, they've not put themselves in the best position but I'm disappointingly confident they'll pull something off and recover from it.

A couple of points.

I heard yesterday from someone I know who plays in London that when Wheelchair was out for a year or so it was not an injury but because he had been caught taking drugs and Arsenal/FA didn't want to lose their brightest prospect to a ban. May be crap, may be old news but it was the first I had heard of it.

There is a problem at Arsenal that goes right through the club, from the board to the supporters. They surely are the most deluded people on earth. My closest friend is a Gooner and he honestly believes that they will sign Suarez and/or Rooney because the players want to play for Arsenal. It is shown when they try to buy players, low bids and other clubs are expected to step aside because they are Arsenal. £40m +£1 is a classic example. Arrogant and deluded. Whereas Levy is seen as a shrewd man who drives a hard bargain the board at Arsenal are seen as fools.

The Cabaye bid is £10m according to the BBC.

Clown antics.

And reportedly they put the bid in today, on the day Saudi Sportswashing Machine start the season. Why not wait until tomorrow? Or have they gone for the "let's try to tinkle off the selling club" transfer strategy?

Would be a good signing for them, but I can't see it happening for that price.

wengerbad.jpg

Cannot wait for Wheelchair to get busted up by Sandro, Caboue, Dembele, Paulinho this season.................that is so one-sided :ross:eek:h the joy it.

Back