• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Re: Lets not laugh at the other North London club 2013/2014

afc03v13190813.jpg

Announcing to everyone that you are flush at the start of the transfer window wasn't the cleverest thing to do either.

Arsenal should bid big for Begovic. They probably need cover at CB, maybe someone like Williams from Swansea, and full back cover too after the carnage on Saturday. Coentrao would be perfect as I've seen him play as DM on occasion too and was not too bad at it actually. But they'll probably end up buying 3 attacking midfielders or the latest hot prospect from the French under 11 team.

There was never any plans of spending that money, they just needed people to renew their season tickets.

Maybe the money isn't really there for Wenger? Perhaps it's a bit similar to the Redknapp case in that to attract a new manager, we needed a warchest (so they could buy for their system). Maybe they are now looking beyond Wenger and want to attract a top manager with the promise of big money?

There was never any plans of spending that money, they just needed people to renew their season tickets.

I agree, it seemed they target a few very high profile players they didn't expect to close on. Very similar to Spurs of old.

The Scum are very hard to figure out, either Wenger has really lost the plot (for some time now), or the board believes the step up from 4th -> legitimate challenger is too big and they are content to milk the profits out of the club for as long as they can. Or perhaps some combination of the above.

I'm sure they will buy someone, but a lot of the better choices have already made their move.

What they need is the spirit but you cant buy it with money.

Wenger is stubborn, miserly and has too much control at that club imo

i dont even care anymore that we cant finish above them and qualify for the top 4....what matters is that we are improving year on year, buying players, we are making real efforts to be better, whereas they are simply content on floating and doing just enough to finish in the top 4

Such a sense of entitlement. Imagine if those ****s went through the 90s and 00s like Spurs.

It was difficult enough for them with only United and Chelsea to compete with. With City now ahead of them as well, they know the only realistic aim for them is 3rd/4th and they will be calculating on the basis of the spend necessary to stay ahead of us and the Merseyside clubs. Arse fans were always going to be disappointed if they expected to see them spunking a load more in the vain hope of a title; Kroenke et al. woulld just see that as throwing money away pointlessly. I'm surprised they've done so little so far this window, but I'm sure they will be active yet before the finish. What they need is someone like Dein back to grease the wheels of cheaper deals for them again, but I don't imagine he's very likely to return without some wider regime-change.

@LeeClayton_ 9m

Arsenal bid for Cabaye... on the day of a Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. That's poor form and a sign of how desperate they are.

I understand Saudi Sportswashing Machine to reject offer for Cabaye. As it stands, he plays tonight, but how is his head?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine planning to play hard ball. Cabaye starts tonight (as it stands)

Arsenal have made 'other bids' today too. Suddenly, they are adopting a machine gun approach.

From the Daily Fail:

Wenger sweats as crocked Oxlade-Chamberlain could be out for SIX months

Arsene Wenger was sweating on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's fitness, fearing the forward could miss up to six months with a serious knee injury.

The England international was involved in a nasty collision with Aston Villa defender Antonio Luna during Arsenal's disappointing 3-1 defeat.

Oxlade-Chamberlain left the Emirates Stadium on crutches on Saturday night, leaving Wenger fearing the worst as he prepares for Wednesday's crucial Champions League qualifier in Fenerbache.

'He is out, definitely out [for the Fenerbache clash],' said Wenger.

'It's a knee problem. It's a bad injury.'

The 20-year-old underwent a scan yesterday as Gunners medical chiefs assessed the damaged caused to his left knee.

And the initial results suggest Oxlade-Cahmberlain has suffered serious ligament damage, which doctors fear could keep him out of action for as long as six months.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will undergo a secondary scan today to get a definitive diagnosis on the injury.
Wenger - and England manager Roy Hodgson - will be hoping for some better news after today's second scan results.

But it is looking increasingly likely the former Southampton star is facing a lengthy spell on the treatment table as Arsenal's injury problems go from bad to worse.

Wenger is facing up to the prospect of having just EIGHT fully-fit senior outfield players for the trip to Fenerbache after the disastrous opening day defeat to Villa.

In addition to Oxlade-Chamberlain; Bacary Sagna, Kieran Gibbs, Tomas Rosicky and Aaron Ramsey are all doubts after picking up injuries at the weekend.

Thomas Vermaelen, Nacho Monreal, Mikel Arteta and Abou Diaby are already confirmed to miss the the midweek clash through injury.

Sagna, who will continue to be assessed ahead of the trip to Turkey, is Wenger's biggest doubt after falling awkwardly on his neck during the defeat to Paul Lambert's side.

'It's bad, yes,' admitted Wenger, when asked about the extent of the right-back's injury.

'He has a good chance to be out for Wednesday.'
Gibbs was came off after just 29 minutes of the clash against Villa after sustaining a nasty facial wound in an aerial collision with Andreas Weimann, while Rosicky (knee) and Ramsey (ankle) picked up worrying knocks during the encounter.

On Rosicky, Wenger added: 'He was quite sharp against Aston Villa, so we cannot afford to lose him at the moment, because [Santi Cazorla is behind physically so he is not ready.

'Yes, we are short for Wednesday, but we can only play with the players we have.'

He added: 'The difficulty is not to let the mood drop after such a disappointing start. But we’ll bounce back, because the spirit and the focus in the team is good.

'But I don’t deny the defeat to Aston Villa is a massive disappointment for us.'

@LeeClayton_ 9m

Arsenal bid for Cabaye... on the day of a Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. That's poor form and a sign of how desperate they are.

I understand Saudi Sportswashing Machine to reject offer for Cabaye. As it stands, he plays tonight, but how is his head?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine planning to play hard ball. Cabaye starts tonight (as it stands)

Arsenal have made 'other bids' today too. Suddenly, they are adopting a machine gun approach.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine wont sell for less than 20 mill imo and Arse wont go anywhere near that kind of figure

making unrealistic bids is just a waste of time for all concerned

Daily Star (i know) saying its a 12 mill pound bid :lol: joke if true

Would be a good player for them... but by doing this now, 2 weeks until deadline day, you give Saudi Sportswashing Machine not a whole lot of time to identify and purchase a replacement and make it even easier to say "NO".

Clown antics by the gooners.

Daily Star (i know) saying its a 12 mill pound bid :lol: joke if true

Almost as much of a joke and ManU's joint bid for Fallaini and Baines. given the new huge TV deal has just started, players playing for English teams are going to be a lot more expensive

Is Koscielny eligible to play in their next league match on Saturday or is he suspeneded against us?

Back