• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

With concerns over the ability of Chadli, Onomah and Mason, Carroll out of contract, Son probably playing in the Olympics and starting the season late, and Dembele suspended for the first 4 games of the season we could have a bumpy start to the season if we are not careful.

I want some proven quality in the summer, maybe 4-5 players.

Just imagine if we had lost Dembele and Alli for a month during the season :eek:

image.jpg

It's hard to improve on squad players unless you pay ridiculous wages so players of good quality sit on the bench till first teamer gets injured or suspended.

That kind of shift takes time. I personally think alot of players will develop on next year and improve.

We probably need some back up for Kane and that's it really.

I think Ball as the Dier back up might work.

It's hard to improve on squad players unless you pay ridiculous wages so players of good quality sit on the bench till first teamer gets injured or suspended.

That kind of shift takes time. I personally think alot of players will develop on next year and improve.

We probably need some back up for Kane and that's it really.

I think Ball as the Dier back up might work.

Or, you know, rotate. Whatever you have to do to ensure you don't get bummed 5-1 by a ten-man team that's already f*cking *relegated* and can still outplay the likes of Mason and Carroll, exposing how hollow a team you really have.

Two suspensions. We are two suspensions (or two injuries), away from having to watch horrific sh*t like that, week in, week out. And people want a quiet summer.

Amend that to *sell all the players*, and you could make a very reasonable case.

Whatever happens, lets hope targets have been identified and are obtained quickly, ideally before the euros starts so we can have a good pre-season. Dembele and Son won't be playing till mid September and we are generally slow starters, important to get a good start and hit the ground running.

Saw this on another forum don't know if someone has already posted it. Don't shoot the messenger!
Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
When: 16th May

Poch went ape brick yesterday. Been told expect most of our business done before the Euros start and Incomings not reliant on sales. I was told last Sunday to expect 3 "first teamers" but this morning was told it could be as many as 5.
Poch was really hurt yesterday and shocked players he thought he could rely on didn't turn up he may now go for a couple of players that he has worked with before. Calum Wilson was mentioned last summer and may be on the cards again. Eriksen will have competition next season.
Players will be fearful of preseason after yesterday apparently Poch has got a very unforgiving
memory.

EYE-TEE-KAY
Hertyid: Poch went naffing apocalyptic after the game. Then came out and gave post-match press interviews and his nose was still bright red from all the shouting.

There will be some departures this summer.

We have money for sure. But I don't see us blowing 30m plus on multiple players. Note how Poch says we need a strong squad. It's all about strength in depth, not superstars. Also clear that a few can move on if right bid comes in.

DonAviG: Mason
Hope he likes cherries, the beach and Gav
Top table
He's already been replaced. No idea who

All pure supposition mate ^^^^^^

I've no doubt he is was angry but he's not about to throw the baby out with the bath water.

All pure supposition mate ^^^^^^

I've no doubt he is was angry but he's not about to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I take very little notice from wanabee ITK's but I would be gobsmacked and sad if Poch does not upgrade at least in a couple of area's and that one or two at least are moved on.

I take very little notice from wanabee ITK's but I would be gobsmacked and sad if Poch does not upgrade at least in a couple of area's and that one or two at least are moved on.
He'll upgrade in a number of positions no doubt but I can't see carnage across the board.

He'll upgrade in a number of positions no doubt but I can't see carnage across the board.

We do not need carnage for sure, but we need to improve on the likes of Mason, Carroll and possibly even Chadli. Not sure about Bentaleb either to be honest but he is still a kid so he may get a few more chances but the others I have mentioned ( have had their chance) and need to be replaced with better players.

Summary of recent rumours:

Basel say that they have not received any bids from us for Embolo.
Juventus want Eriksen and Bentaleb (£40m for the pair). Allegri likes them both and Eriksen's current contract situation means that they think he is getable.
Oduwa has a 3 year contract on the table but isn't signing as he thinks he can get game time elsewhere. He wants to use the Olympics as a platform to showcase his skills.
Roma want Wimmer.
We are looking to offer Mason in a part exchange deal for Callum Wilson.
Sunderland may bid for Yedlin, various sources seem to think that both parties would be keen on the deal.

Back