• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Can we have a section where there's rumours or preferably info only, rather than opinions and counter opinions as to how good said player is etc?

We have tried in the past, but it doesn't get updated and reading comprehension is always a problem as people still post their opinions in it.

Would need regular updaters and be made 'read only' for the rest of you plebs (not you specifically). ;)

Shame we couldnt sign Edgar Davids again, that type of player would be the cement we need in midfield. An old head who has been there and done it

Anyone have any thoughts on Wilson? I really haven't seen him play, but he seems to be really highly rated. Seems like he can play as a lone striker, but can he play alongside Kane?

Anyone have any thoughts on Wilson? I really haven't seen him play, but he seems to be really highly rated. Seems like he can play as a lone striker, but can he play alongside Kane?
He looked to be a real nuisance of a player at the start of this season. Had a style of play similar to Jamie Vardy.... Busy, full of running, never gave the opposition a moments peace. The question is whether the ACL injury will have impacted his effectiveness. Will he still have the same mobility? Will he have lost a yard of pace or some of his explosiveness?

Young (19), AM (can play CM) 4 goals in 28, 5 assists.
Not a name I am familiar with. Anyone know much about him?
I had a look at the youtube compilations for this kid and obviously they are very impressive. I know these vids can make anyone look incredible but two things I always watch out for are the length of the compilation and if the kids are making the right decisions.

The compilation I watched of last season's highlights was very long which I always like and to me it looks immediately obvious that the David Silva comparisons are well made. He's a dribbler and passer playing from the left of the 3 AM slots. He looks very two footed, and it took me a little while to figure out he favours his right foot. I like the look of him.

Tottenham hope to seal a deal to sign Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi after this summer’s European Championships, Football Insider sources understand.

The Premier League big hitters are one of a number of elite clubs closely monitoring the 22-year-old Belgium international.

Spurs are in the market for a new forward in the summer, with West Brom’s Saido Berahino and Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson also high on their priority list.

But a well-placed Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Batshuayi is the priority striker signing for Mauricio Pochettino and the north London recruitment staff.

However, Spurs’ stance is that they will not make their move until after the Euros, which start in mid-June and finish in early July.

They are in no hurry to launch their bid to sign a player who is rated in the £25million-plus bracket on the back of his performances for struggling Ligue 1 side Marseille.

The 22-year-old has scored 23 goals and supplied 10 assists in 50 matches in all competitions this season, including 17 goals and nine assists from 36 Ligue 1 encounters.

Pochettino told French radio station RMC Sport recently that Batshuayi is one of the strikers on Spurs’ radar as they look to bolster a forward line heavily reliant upon Harry Kane.

“We look for a striker this summer,” Pochettino said, when asked specifically about Batshuayi.

“This player is young and has a lot of talent. We are following him. Logically, he should be on the list of many clubs.

“We have people who have given us information about him. He has some potential…we’ll see, we have other players in our sights.”http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/jackpot-en-vue-pour-l-om_176535

Liverpool and West Ham have been strongly linked with the prolific striker, but Spurs could have an advantage over their Premier League rivals.

Batshuayi is likely to prioritise clubs playing in the Champions League if he decides to leave Marseille at the end of the season.

As reported by Football Insider, Liverpool legend Steve Nicol is convinced that Batshuayi, who is rated in the £20million bracket, could join the growing ranks of Belgium internationals in the Premier League next season by replacing Christian Benteke.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/d...ect-to-seal-deal-for-priority-summer-signing/

Ibrahimovic close to Man Utd deal according to Dutch press

Don't think Guardiola will be looking forward to having Mourinho and Ibra in such close proximity....no love lost from both sides

Back