• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

the three behind Kane have played very well this season and with Son hopefully stepping up next season and Pritchard coming in to the fold i can't see it being a priority area to strengthen - 20m would represent a sizeable chunk of what we will be spending and i think that'll go towards a striker/DM

Plus, he's on around like 12,000,000 euros a year gross, which works out to about 180,000 pounds a week. You'd have to imagine the bidding would start at 200k a week in terms of his wages alone.
But, like I said, a man can dream.

---------Dier---------Alli

Lamela----Eriksen---Gotze

--------------Kane------------

:cool:

Shame he's probably bound for the Kop. In a bizarro universe where Shanghai Shenua offer 50 million pounds for Chadli, it would be a memorable swoop to make. :D

the three behind Kane have played very well this season and with Son hopefully stepping up next season and Pritchard coming in to the fold i can't see it being a priority area to strengthen - 20m would represent a sizeable chunk of what we will be spending and i think that'll go towards a striker/DM

Yeah - if Chadli does go I can't see us adding an AM, it will just be to promote Pritchard and Onomah

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ews-reds-confident-of-signing-mario-gotze-as/

This year's VDV? Wages aside (and they would be stonkingly high to start off with, no doubt), this would be a fantastic signing if we're looking to strengthen in those AM spots for whatever reason. Ah, but a man can dream... :)

Is he really all that? I only ask as it seems whenever I watch Bayer he never seems to start for them and seems to always come on as a sub in the last 10 minutes. Because he has been unable to hold down a regular position I have not seen enough of him to be able to make an informed opinion, and only 4 goals for Bayern all season, I kinda expected a little more

Yeah - if Chadli does go I can't see us adding an AM, it will just be to promote Pritchard and Onomah

On the contrary if Chadli goes I do not see how we do not bring in a higher calibre player, we are going for the title and we will be playing Champions League football. Heck I can see us bringing someone in either way, Pritchard ad Onomah are potential but with neither of them can currently be described as game changers, a quality we do not have enough of in our squad

Whilst it is speculation, the extra cash from the Champs League, final league position and the new TV deal will have an affect on what we can spend. £60m might be a shot in the dark, but it's likely the amount we will spend. Most on here have the same idea as the journo, that we only need 3-4 signings. Take into account the potential incoming money for player sales and we could spend in excess of that.

On the contrary if Chadli goes I do not see how we do not bring in a higher calibre player, we are going for the title and we will be playing Champions League football. Heck I can see us bringing someone in either way, Pritchard ad Onomah are potential but with neither of them can currently be described as game changers, a quality we do not have enough of in our squad
We have no idea what Pritchard can do. If he was tearing up the Championship last year, he may just be the new Alli next season.

Whilst it is speculation, the extra cash from the Champs League, final league position and the new TV deal will have an affect on what we can spend. £60m might be a shot in the dark, but it's likely the amount we will spend. Most on here have the same idea as the journo, that we only need 3-4 signings. Take into account the potential incoming money for player sales and we could spend in excess of that.

Spend 60 million *net*? I've pretty consistently wanted us to add top quality players where possible and whenever possible if that's what the manager wants, but even I can't see that happening. I could see us spending 60 million gross, though - depends on how many we shift out this summer, but we're already about 12.5 million to the good from Townsend's sale back in January, and I imagine Fazio and Yedlin will fetch reasonable fees, if nothing earth-shattering (perhaps 5 million each for the pair of them). From there, it depends on how much we make shifting a couple out of Chadli, Bentaleb and Mason, if we're so minded; I didn't have Chadli down as a departure this summer, but now, what with not making the initial Belgium squad due to a lack of playing time (Wilmots' own words), I could definitely see it happening.

We won't spend that amount without sales, though. Nice to dream about, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is he really all that? I only ask as it seems whenever I watch Bayer he never seems to start for them and seems to always come on as a sub in the last 10 minutes. Because he has been unable to hold down a regular position I have not seen enough of him to be able to make an informed opinion, and only 4 goals for Bayern all season, I kinda expected a little more

He's been crowded out of what is likely the best midfield in Bayern's history, mate. Pep never used him, and to be honest, he seemed to me to be the sort of transfer that Bayern makes from time to time to wipe out their competition - in this case, Dortmund. He never played, and was bought (imo) just to keep Dortmund down.

But goddamn if he wasn't a phenomenon at Dortmund when he did have regular playing time. As close to a complete attacking midfielder as it was possible to get; athletic, powerful, technically brilliant, relentless in the press and a slaloming, magnificent dribbler when on the ball. There's a reason Klopp trusted him as much as he did; he was a critical element of their gegenpressing philosophy.

I don't think we'll get him, and I think his wages will likely prove very heavy for Liverpool as well. But when he does go there, he'll improve them as a side, no question; and since Poch and Klopp are (to my mind) the only real gegenpressers in the Premier League ,there's little doubt he would have improved us as well.

That would leave us with 8 AMs for 3 positions - too many. We probably need to sell Pritchard too to bring in an AM

Hardly that. We could move Onomah back to central midfield (which I think he might be more suitable for), replacing Mason who could then be moved on, although it would be hard way to treat a club product and Spurs fan. Or we could send Onomah out on loan, as strangely distasteful as the idea may seem to some people (not specifically you, by any means).

That would leave us with 8 AMs for 3 positions - too many. We probably need to sell Pritchard too to bring in an AM
The problem is that you would currently only really ever be comfortable in picking 4 of those 8 players as your starting attacking mdfielders in league games against the better opposition or in any of the CL games (3 from Eriksen, Ali, Lamela and Son).

If Chadli goes this summer then I think we will definitely add another attacking midfielder to the squad, although they will not be in the same price stratosphere as Gotze... I think they will instead be a signing of the level of a Boufal/Malli/Praet/Klaassen.

Back