• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

The Blind Pass Pod
Season 3 Episode 19

In this week’s ‘no look no see’ pod, Steff, Milo and Ricky instinctually find the main talking points behind the matches against Liverpool home and Marseille away. Is the referee a w*nker? Why do can we not erase errors? And who ARE the lightweights who boo their own team? Tune in for a spot of chaos-podding! No cameras? No problem!!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk
Nice one guys, a great listen again.

Two comments from me:
1) I was interested that you didn’t explore fatigue - either mental or physical - as the cause of Dier’s mistake, unless I misheard. Surely a mitigating factor or did he just rooster up?

2) A lot of chat recently by you guys about ‘narratives’, which I welcome. The media have a lot to answer for here and you are right to constructively challenge them! However, I feel sometimes they can be dismissed a little too quickly when exploring their relative validity a bit more would be interesting. Just my opinion, feel free to ignore!

I typically find when Spurs lose, and things have become a bit toxic, I disengage with media, the forum, stop listening to regular football pods etc to ‘get over’ the defeat. However, I can’t help be drawn back to yours which is a testament to the quality of the discussion.

Keep up the good work.

Two comments from me:
1) I was interested that you didn’t explore fatigue - either mental or physical - as the cause of Dier’s mistake, unless I misheard. Surely a mitigating factor or did he just rooster up?

2) A lot of chat recently by you guys about ‘narratives’, which I welcome. The media have a lot to answer for here and you are right to constructively challenge them! However, I feel sometimes they can be dismissed a little too quickly when exploring their relative validity a bit more would be interesting. Just my opinion, feel free to ignore!

I typically find when Spurs lose, and things have become a bit toxic, I disengage with media, the forum, stop listening to regular football pods etc to ‘get over’ the defeat. However, I can’t help be drawn back to yours which is a testament to the quality of the discussion.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Dave.

We have discussed the impact of fatigue on the players and mistakes a few times over the last few weeks. @thfcsteff particularly has mentioned Dier, and a few others, being in the red zone. So there is probably, subconsciously, an attempt not to repeat ourselves too much.

As Steff mentioned on the pod, we had to record this week's pod without the cameras on, because of bricky broadband, and it made it surprisingly harder. We normally put our hands up when we want to come in and we have a couple of other hand gestures and signals that we use. It made it quite a lot harder, so I am sure that we all had things that we had meant to say, that we didn't, because we were having to leave more space for each other.

I think that the point that I was trying to make around narratives in this episode, was that the commentators and Jamie Carragher in particular, were commentating on the scoreline. It is a bugbear of mine. Liverpool weren't that much better than us in the first half but the commentary team seemed convinced that they were well on top.

I think that many of our best episodes are after poor results. It is a shame that less people listen in those weeks

Two comments from me:

Keep up the good work.

Thanks very much Dave, much appreciated. Milo hit nails on heads with his reply. I just want to add he is being a little modest IMO, as he edits seamlessly and always manages to get it on-point. And I actually enjoyed no camera week!!!

Interesting responses guys.

Yes, I think I, like you say, was subconsciously expecting you to cite tiredness for this mistake this week as you have been talking about it a lot. Pertinently, I’d add.

Looking forward to next week’s…

Two comments from me:
1) I was interested that you didn’t explore fatigue - either mental or physical - as the cause of Dier’s mistake, unless I misheard. Surely a mitigating factor or did he just rooster up!

Keep up the good work.

Looking back at it I just think its one of those where your proposed action gets interrupted a bit.

Normally you're just glancing them without a thought back to Lloris. Obviously he's detected Salah in his peripheral vision and readjusted his header to give it more oomph, that requires more neck and head movement and his timing is just off, so it comes off his shoulder. He c.ould of course headed the way he was facing, over the advancing Salah towards the LB area or into a CM area. But sometimes it's hard to reign in all those brain to muscle signals once they've been sent.

Of course, your concentration and timing could be out because of tiredness, absolutely.....(or having modler on the mind, constantly:triumph:)

Ps and very disappointed to miss the post Leeds meet up guys. I’ve had to sell my ticket on Saturday as I’m up seeing my brother in Nottingham or I definitely would’ve come by for a pint.

Count me in for the next one.

What's this about a meet up? I don't listen to podcasts (sorry), but I am going to the Leeds game and have nothing else planned that day.

What's this about a meet up? I don't listen to podcasts (sorry), but I am going to the Leeds game and have nothing else planned that day.

A few of us are going to be down in the Beavertown microbrewery under the Park Lane after the game

Ps and very disappointed to miss the post Leeds meet up guys. I’ve had to sell my ticket on Saturday as I’m up seeing my brother in Nottingham or I definitely would’ve come by for a pint.

Count me in for the next one.
I hope you're up in Nottingham by Wednesday!?

Looking back at it I just think its one of those where your proposed action gets interrupted a bit.

Normally you're just glancing them without a thought back to Lloris. Obviously he's detected Salah in his peripheral vision and readjusted his header to give it more oomph, that requires more neck and head movement and his timing is just off, so it comes off his shoulder. He c.ould of course headed the way he was facing, over the advancing Salah towards the LB area or into a CM area. But sometimes it's hard to reign in all those brain to muscle signals once they've been sent.

Of course, your concentration and timing could be out because of tiredness, absolutely.....(or having modler on the mind, constantly:triumph:)

Terrible mistake but I cannot see Ederson or Becker being so hesitant off their line to try and help.

If any of you see this, let me know whereabouts you are. I don't really know what any of you look like.

Chasing Leeds
Season 3 Episode 20

Steff, Milo, and Ram dive into the annual TGIAG AGM, the total chaos of our 4-3 win over Leeds, selfies with Deki, and a night out in Nottingham – cobs and all. We’ll also discuss who might need this upcoming break the most? Answers in a Mastodon post, and if you don’t know how to, Milo has the answers. Needs are as needs Musk eh?!!!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/chasing-leeds/

Leeds.png

Midseason Review
Season 3 Episode 21

Steff, Milo, and Gareth look back over Spurs season thus far with a comprehensive mini-review. Amidst the waves of praise for Bentancur, Kulusevski and Kane, we will also explore whether Wilfred Owen really did write a poem about this period in our history, whether Lucas has a future with us, and find ourselves walking down memory Lane as we look back on the career of Super Aaron Lennon. Did we also mention that FIFA are tossers?

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/midseason-review/

Copy-of-Leeds.png

No Spurs, No Problem
Season 3 Episode 22

Steff, Milo and Ricky dive into the World Cup, discuss how our Spurs lads are doing with their respective countries, and end up in a full and frank chortle-filled chinwag about crimes against football…let’s just say, half and half scarf owners have only ONE excuse in our court of justice. Trust us when we say this week’s pod is a massive, spectacular gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/no-spurs-no-problem/

No-Spurs-No-Problem.png

Back