• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Glad Steff's connection held up long enough to share the World Class Lettuce Farm metaphor.

It really was a bit brick wasn’t it hahahahahahaha!!! I was exasperated. First, on starting to watch the game I realized they’d switched it to another channel after swearing at their ‘brick coverage’ for 60 seconds. Then the feed died worldwide midway through first half. Then my internet went down in a storm right before HT, thus had to go and find a spot with enough cell reception for me and the lad to watch on ipad second-half. The game itself. The internet not coming back on in time for recording, thus scrambling to find a cell connection ipad again sans proper mic. It was a bizarre day, albeit it might’ve sheltered me from deeper feelings of woe!

NEW POD ALERT - 266 NOT OUT

Milo and I lay down a rapid pod post Fulham, so fast, the recording and editing was done by the time Harry’s illness/fever became public.

NEW POD ALERT - we're working fast these days, especially Milo with the edits and uploads...this week SONNY'S BACK, with Milo, Ricky and I discussing the 3-0 at Deepdale in the FA Cup. There's also respect for Ivan Perisic's legs...among other things...

Emergency Pod: Transfer Window Review
Season 3 Episode 32

Last minute transfer window shenanigans? Gall bladders? Bath tubs in the small hours? It can only be an emergency pod with Milo and Steff. Therapy? Discussion? Both? Just join us and find out…

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/emergency-pod-transfer-window-review/

Fn83-Iz1-WQAEg-OHO.jpg

i'm going to wait till tuesday, then binge listen two episodes! good grief... but i know what's coming and it's going to be great ;-)

The Greatest
Season 3 Episode 33

Steff, Milo and Gareth discuss record-breaking Harry Kane, another defeat of Emirates Marketing Project, why the staff must start preparing iced towels and breathing exercises in the 28th minute, and the stone cold fact that however much you try to intellectualize it, Pep’s just a knob. Enjoy!

Fo-RDw76-WYAACk-Ty.jpg

I really appreciate the rapid rebound pods, all of them raw and right on the money.

One remark: in your elaborate praise today of Harry in the wake of his goalscoring record - so special indeed that 'we have seen all 267 of them' - I was surprised that none of you mentioned that Harry has never had the kind of ego that so many other top players of the modern game have. Yesterday was a case in point. No 'premeditated and to be revealed' t-shirt with the number 267 under his match shirt - I just love him for not being like that. This, too, is what makes him stand out in this day and age, and what adds another layer to him being one of our own.

So listening to it

- One comment on the tone back from the club to the THST. I think it was intentional, I think where you missed the point is it wasn't a response to the fans, it was a response to the trust. The trust were the ones that was purposely trying to leverage the club by making all of this unnecessarily public and using inflammatory wording. Can't see why you would respond to that with empathy.

The club being better with PR is probably a fair point (longer conversation) but I don't think this was the time or place.

I really appreciate the rapid rebound pods, all of them raw and right on the money.

One remark: in your elaborate praise today of Harry in the wake of his goalscoring record - so special indeed that 'we have seen all 267 of them' - I was surprised that none of you mentioned that Harry has never had the kind of ego that so many other top players of the modern game have. Yesterday was a case in point. No 'premeditated and to be revealed' t-shirt with the number 267 under his match shirt - I just love him for not being like that. This, too, is what makes him stand out in this day and age, and what adds another layer to him being one of our own.

That's a great point and one that hasn't occurred to me

So listening to it

- One comment on the tone back from the club to the THST. I think it was intentional, I think where you missed the point is it wasn't a response to the fans, it was a response to the trust. The trust were the ones that was purposely trying to leverage the club by making all of this unnecessarily public and using inflammatory wording. Can't see why you would respond to that with empathy.

The club being better with PR is probably a fair point (longer conversation) but I don't think this was the time or place.

Their irritation in having to answer questions was clear. As Gareth says on the pod, there are some bridges that have been burnt between the Trust and the club, hopefully, the new chair on the Trust has success at rebuilding them. I do think that the club are excessively secretive and defensive, though

Their irritation in having to answer questions was clear. As Gareth says on the pod, there are some bridges that have been burnt between the Trust and the club, hopefully, the new chair on the Trust has success at rebuilding them. I do think that the club are excessively secretive and defensive, though

Well questions to the club were sent on the watch of the new co-chairs, so it's not a particularly great start to rebuilding the relationship at Board level.

Well questions to the club were sent on the watch of the new co-chairs, so it's not a particularly great start to rebuilding the relationship at Board level.

I think that the Trust are in an impossible position either way. They were coming under a lot of pressure from fans

The point around the club’s PR is very valid. It’s largely awful. Is it still Donna Marie-Cullen’s accountability? Worthy of a more detailed discussion as you said on another show during a quiet week perhaps?

I was surprised - apart from a cursory reference from @thfcsteff - that you didn’t make more of an issue of just how terrible the ref was yesterday. To have the crowd chanting “you’re not fit to referee” after barely 20 mins said it all to me. He was one of the worst I’ve seen in years. And that’s saying something!

One other point on the atmosphere, which was brilliant - I think the early goal really helped here get the fans ‘on side’ from the off, as well as cutting out any unforced rooster ups.

Another great listen, lovely to have it first thing and on on my way to dropping ‘my’ Zach to nursery.

While that might be 100% a fair statement, I'd make two points

1. Where is the model, PL club that is open, has regular updates and PR to fans? I feel like a lot with Spurs we are trying to hold the club to a standard that no one else does? What is the upside/value for the club? a few more pacified fans? see my point below (you have to help the club understand why they should do this)
2. I work with large enterprise executive boards, literally nothing in the way the trust tries to engage the club is going to work, it is horrendously amateur/naïve/arrogant (I'm not sure which one). If they are genuine, I feel for them because they are probably out of their depth.

While that might be 100% a fair statement, I'd make two points

1. Where is the model, PL club that is open, has regular updates and PR to fans? I feel like a lot with Spurs we are trying to hold the club to a standard that no one else does? What is the upside/value for the club? a few more pacified fans? see my point below (you have to help the club understand why they should do this)
2. I work with large enterprise executive boards, literally nothing in the way the trust tries to engage the club is going to work, it is horrendously amateur/naïve/arrogant (I'm not sure which one). If they are genuine, I feel for them because they are probably out of their depth.

I think that both are fair comments. I think that I am measuring the club against my ideal, which I recognise no one else is operating like. I do think that they score a lot of own goals, though.

I agree on the Trust's approach. I wasn't very keen on their initial letter, I think that there was an element of grandstanding after coming under a lot of pressure from ENIC Out supporters. That said, I've drafted plenty of responses to rude questions and I don't think that showing your irritation helps when doing so. They could have given the same answers, dressed it up a bit and laid on the charm and created a bit of goodwill.

Back