• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

The point around the club’s PR is very valid. It’s largely awful. Is it still Donna Marie-Cullen’s accountability? Worthy of a more detailed discussion as you said on another show during a quiet week perhaps?

Donna-Marie Cullen is still there and the response would've come from her office. I am much more Cullen Out than I am ENIC Out.

While that might be 100% a fair statement, I'd make two points

1. Where is the model, PL club that is open, has regular updates and PR to fans? I feel like a lot with Spurs we are trying to hold the club to a standard that no one else does? What is the upside/value for the club? a few more pacified fans? see my point below (you have to help the club understand why they should do this)
2. I work with large enterprise executive boards, literally nothing in the way the trust tries to engage the club is going to work, it is horrendously amateur/naïve/arrogant (I'm not sure which one). If they are genuine, I feel for them because they are probably out of their depth.

First of all, thanks for listening mate, thanks for the shared opinions too. Love it. Both interesting points. For me, it comes down to knowing when to show your corporate colours and when to show your human side (if there is one :) )…the Trust are basically a collection of the ordinary public. ‘Customers’ if you will. I think it is wholly on the club to both know that and answer accordingly. TBH, the response from the club struck me as petty in places, as if they were feeling defensive and incredulous that such ‘fools’ should question them. They really need to work on that attitude IMO. I don’t disagree that the club/board come under some intense scrutiny, sadly that is the name of the game. Personally? I don’t think most of our supporters properly understood what Pochettino actually did, the platform he actually gave us, and how much the loss of trust over a tough period would really impact us. I have never been lower with this club than the day he was sacked (this includes Terry Neil and GGG being our manager). I think a little strategic humility from the club in these moments would be huge and help start to rebuild the relationship between board and fans.

Again, thank you for listening and getting into the chat. COYS!

The point around the club’s PR is very valid. It’s largely awful. Is it still Donna Marie-Cullen’s accountability? Worthy of a more detailed discussion as you said on another show during a quiet week perhaps?

I was surprised - apart from a cursory reference from @thfcsteff - that you didn’t make more of an issue of just how terrible the ref was yesterday. To have the crowd chanting “you’re not fit to referee” after barely 20 mins said it all to me. He was one of the worst I’ve seen in years. And that’s saying something!

One other point on the atmosphere, which was brilliant - I think the early goal really helped here get the fans ‘on side’ from the off, as well as cutting out any unforced rooster ups.

Another great listen, lovely to have it first thing and on on my way to dropping ‘my’ Zach to nursery.

The ref was beyond weird.

Donna Cullen’s role at the club can be quietly mapped for sure. I am with Milo.

Thanks as always mate!

First of all, thanks for listening mate, thanks for the shared opinions too. Love it. Both interesting points. For me, it comes down to knowing when to show your corporate colours and when to show your human side (if there is one :) )…the Trust are basically a collection of the ordinary public. ‘Customers’ if you will. I think it is wholly on the club to both know that and answer accordingly. TBH, the response from the club struck me as petty in places, as if they were feeling defensive and incredulous that such ‘fools’ should question them. They really need to work on that attitude IMO. I don’t disagree that the club/board come under some intense scrutiny, sadly that is the name of the game. Personally? I don’t think most of our supporters properly understood what Pochettino actually did, the platform he actually gave us, and how much the loss of trust over a tough period would really impact us. I have never been lower with this club than the day he was sacked (this includes Terry Neil and GGG being our manager). I think a little strategic humility from the club in these moments would be huge and help start to rebuild the relationship between board and fans.

Again, thank you for listening and getting into the chat. COYS!

Always fun discussions mate.

- I totally agree the club could learn a little humanity in their interactions, that said I can also see how they might feel any answer they give will be twisted, so maybe no answer, no extra commentary is the safer approach.
- The trust to me has decided to go down the route of the "reactionary fan", which will make any attempt to interact with the club in a meaningful manner really difficult.

Funny, it was a point on your pod, people like listening to your pod because you don't get sucked into that "the sky is falling" brick.

How could none of you say that a negative was the goonies benefitted? Honestly, beggars belief

otherwise another good pod in the can

COYS

Always fun discussions mate.

- I totally agree the club could learn a little humanity in their interactions, that said I can also see how they might feel any answer they give will be twisted, so maybe no answer, no extra commentary is the safer approach.
- The trust to me has decided to go down the route of the "reactionary fan", which will make any attempt to interact with the club in a meaningful manner really difficult.

Funny, it was a point on your pod, people like listening to your pod because you don't get sucked into that "the sky is falling" brick.

Agreed on discussions :)

I can see that concern, but there is a middle ground. In-person would be the best.

Personally, I have a very binary view of the ownership. They will sell when they are ready, not us. And they operate the way they operate; no amount of screaming will change that. The further fact is there have been some very good decisions made by them too. Sadly, for me, the Poch sacking was a last straw, but I cannot carry that across into my support of the team/squad. Yes, we strive for balance and a more holistic view. The pod chemistry is really good in that sense I think.

How could none of you say that a negative was the goonies benefitted? Honestly, beggars belief

otherwise another good pod in the can

COYS

Honestly, I cannot consider anything regarding those clams, and refused to sully yesterday with a mention of their name in that regard :)
fudge them!

And thank you mate.

The ref was beyond weird.

Donna Cullen’s role at the club can be quietly mapped for sure. I am with Milo.

Thanks as always mate!
He was. And given you guys like to focus on the positives, I can understand why you didn’t dwell on it.

Onwards! To think if we’d somehow beaten the Goons we’d have only been 5 points behind them now!

He was. And given you guys like to focus on the positives, I can understand why you didn’t dwell on it.

Onwards! To think if we’d somehow beaten the Goons we’d have only been 5 points behind them now!

Not focusing on officials is probably partly down to me. I find moaning about the ref a bit dull and if you are not careful, you end up doing it most games. I think that if there are decisions that have a direct effect on the match or result, then we have to cover it, if not, my preference would be just to mention it in passing like Steff did this week.

The Greatest
Season 3 Episode 33

Steff, Milo and Gareth discuss record-breaking Harry Kane, another defeat of Emirates Marketing Project, why the staff must start preparing iced towels and breathing exercises in the 28th minute, and the stone cold fact that however much you try to intellectualize it, Pep’s just a knob. Enjoy!

Fo-RDw76-WYAACk-Ty.jpg

I am currently in Spain and unable to log on to the podcasts. Any thoughts on how I can achieve this? Thanks in advance,

What A Fox Up
Season 3 Episode 34

Steff, Milo, and Ram break apart the debacle against Leicester, taking first the instant view and then the analytical one of every goal conceded. There are some interesting conclusions. We’ll also try to wrap our heads around injuries, and which song Daniel Levy best resembles. It’s educational therapy, so come join us on the couch…

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/what-a-fox-up/

By Royal Appointment
Season 3 Episode 35

Steff, Milo and Gareth look back at the always fun always joyful beating of West Ham, the dynamism of Davies, PEH and Royal (!!!), why Sonny might earn himself a curly ginger wig, and why Stellini’s march to Champions League managing glory is assured. Yes indeed, this week’s pod is as crisp and measured as a perfect Pierre pass!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/by-royal-appointment/

Fp-ZJdsv-Xo-AAp-WJv.jpg

Half Baked
Season 3 Episode 37

This week, in light of two 1-0 defeats, cup elimination, and overall confusion about where Tottenham Hotspur are, Steff, Milo, and Ricky arrive at the heart of all that matters, but not before discussing baking, Prince lookalikes and Beyonce bungee packages at the new Lane after a spot of karting…

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/half-baked/

I agree the fans are flat

It’s not because of on the pitch though

I think it’s because everything is so predictable

we went behind and you just knew arsenal would get that last minute winner

Sheffield scored and you knew we wouldn’t even muster another attempt….

the club has weirdly had an eventful season yet is so predictable

Half Baked
Season 3 Episode 37

This week, in light of two 1-0 defeats, cup elimination, and overall confusion about where Tottenham Hotspur are, Steff, Milo, and Ricky arrive at the heart of all that matters, but not before discussing baking, Prince lookalikes and Beyonce bungee packages at the new Lane after a spot of karting…

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/half-baked/

Particularly good one, chaps. Many thanks.

Here’s hoping we have enough sugar in the cupboard on Wednesday - and that we perhaps even add some hundreds and thousands into the mix.

Back