• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The first time above Chelsea since 1996 celebration thread!

Yeah but that's nothing Special... Fulham could finish above them if they.... oh, hang on!

My Chelsea supporting mates have already dismissed our "achievement" as this has been a "transitional" season for them. Don't count apparently..

Well with all the turmoil we've been through since 1996 you can always argue we've had 16 transitional seasons as well.

But in all fairness, it did take a pretty unspectacular season from an underachieving Chelski team for us to finish above them. That said, we've har our ups and downs this season too, so I'm happy finishing above them.

The most important thing is to beat Fulham next weekend though. Hopefully it will be combined with a draw for Arsenal.

I think a case of champagne for AVB is in order, maybe he could take over from Wenger?

I think a case of champagne for AVB is in order, maybe he could take over from Wenger?

He'd probably do a lot better at their place than Chelsea.

Players who are more intelligent (in a footballing sense) and no player more powerful than the manager would go a long way to showing if he's really any good or not.

Players who are more intelligent (in a footballing sense) and no player more powerful than the manager would go a long way to showing if he's really any good or not.
I hope and pray that Terry turns into their Maldini and plays for years to come yet. Until he goes, they'll never find a long term manager.

lol they can call it a transitional season all they like, but it's not our fault they sacked a double winning manager, and paid 15 million for his replacement, only to sack him months later.

We also had to deal with an entire summer of one of our best players engineering himself a move to Chelsea in the press, which affected our first 2 games. We then was allowed some breathing space and picked up some good form before our own manager allowed himself to be tempted by a job he wasn't going to get, undermining the confidence of the club. We've had our brick to deal with too, but we haven't spent a billion pounds to finish 6th. We deserve this.

Don't get this argument personally. Surely in the modern game dealing with massive disruptive egos is part of being a good Manager?

because he's come in and given the big ego's what they wanted - which is why in the short term he'll reap the rewards

tbf no one knows what went on behind the scenes at Chelsea - but you see managers like Sir Alex Ferguson sell players who become too big, does that make him a bad manager because rather than deal with the big ego's he moves them on ?i doubt AVB had that option - at Chelsea id wager that any manager needs to look after the golden children, RDM is there for a short time - he's not going to come in and try to change that is he ?

because he's come in and given the big ego's what they wanted - which is why in the short term he'll reap the rewards

tbf no one knows what went on behind the scenes at Chelsea - but you see managers like Sir Alex Ferguson sell players who become too big, does that make him a bad manager because rather than deal with the big ego's he moves them on ?i doubt AVB had that option - at Chelsea id wager that any manager needs to 'look after' the golden children, RDM is there for a short time - he's not going to come in and try to change that is he ?

Not if he is any good no. If it ain't broke, you don't try and fix it. Chelsea have a very strong team. You make change organically, not try and ram it down everyone's throat.

Back