• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The first time above Chelsea since 1996 celebration thread!

All league standings below 1st, specifically top 4, are about CL qualification, no? Chelsea can still finish "above" us, by beating Bayern, unless we finish above scum, thus taking our CL spot.

no - CL may be the prize at the end of the season but finishing above Chelsea IN THE LEAGUE cannot be taken away if they win the CL

anyway, pretty sure this is just some light hearted banter - lighten up ffs hasn't this place been miserable enough the last couple of weeks (months?!?!?)

All league standings below 1st, specifically top 4, are about CL qualification, no? Chelsea can still finish "above" us, by beating Bayern, unless we finish above scum, thus taking our CL spot.

No they can't. Whether they qualify for the CL at our expense or not, it doesn't change the hard cold fact that we have finished higher than them in the league, which is generally accepted as the only true way to judge which team's are better.

no - CL may be the prize at the end of the season but finishing above Chelsea IN THE LEAGUE cannot be taken away if they win the CL

anyway, pretty sure this is just some light hearted banter - lighten up ffs hasn't this place been miserable enough the last couple of weeks (months?!?!?)

years?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why are we desperate to finish 4th? Obviously to try and qualify for the CL.

So if they beat Bayern and deprive us of that achievement it would mean fudge all where we finshed. It would be a cruel stab in the heart and an endless joke yet again much like St Arseholes day

Thanks for reminding me! Amazing scenes.

I have no idea why some can't just take this for what it is. We've finished above the Blue Scum. They've spent A BILLION POUNDS to finish below us.

No need for a debate. COYS

No they can't. Whether they qualify for the CL at our expense or not, it doesn't change the hard cold fact that we have finished higher than them in the league, which is generally accepted as the only true way to judge which team's are better.

Not if your a Liverpool fan.

Why are we desperate to finish 4th? Obviously to try and qualify for the CL.

So if they beat Bayern and deprive us of that achievement it would mean fudge all where we finshed. It would be a cruel stab in the heart and an endless joke yet again much like St Arseholes day

Of course it matters! I work with some Chelsea dimwits who've been saying for years: 'when was the last time you've finished above us?'. Regardless of the CL final result, they won't be coming with for that one for a while!

Hence the quotes around above.

I understand the OP's sentiment, I just feel it's premature to be celebrating this achievement given the possible sting in the tail.

Hence the quotes around above.

I understand the OP's sentiment, I just feel it's premature to be celebrating this achievement given the possible sting in the tail.

See where your coming from, but I really don't think a few hundred people celebrating on a forum will have any effect on the game next Saturday.

woodgate1.jpg

We better not celebrate if we get third because there's a possibility that another footballing team will come third at a later date in the next 1000 years and if they get third and we finish below third then we will have egg on our faces and our forum will be a laughing stock...

My Chelsea supporting mates have already dismissed our "achievement" as this has been a "transitional" season for them. Don't count apparently..

I honestly hate these cretins as much as Arsenal and I doubt I'm alone. Arsenal, lets be honest here, have always at least been a top club. No doubt about it. They've had their ups and downs, mostly downs in the modern era until Graham and then Wenger turned up, but they've always been one of the biggest clubs around. They might have cheated to get there. Woolwich and Henry Norris and all that. But since then, top club and I can respect them to an extent. It is like the end of Zulu. Yes, we've been trying to kill you forever... but I always salute fellow braves! Chelsea though? Are you fudging bricking me? Respect? LOL. Even Leyton Orient have never had a car park inside the ground! Beat Leeds in a cup final replay once, wasn't it? Wow, take a bow! To paraphrase Brian Clough, all those trophies since 1996... you may as well throw them in the bin. You didn't earn it! On top of that - the support. We organised against the NF and racists at Tottenham when they were a growing force in the 70s - at Chelsea, by all accounts, they were half the faithful! Again, Arsenal were never as scummy. Always a broadly multiracial, multicultural club.

So tonight... lets BASK a little in this one, shall we? No matter what happens now, whether they win the CL or not, it is a nice little achievement for us. After all, these idiots have been spunking vast fortunes since the mid 1990s. If there was any justice they would have gone the way of Leeds in 2004. They were nearly 100m in debt and had no Champions League for a couple of years. They'd even been dumped out of the Uefa Cup by some Israeli team and St.Gallen of Switzerland! Bates was in desperate trouble and it should have been game over.

That said, there is some satisfaction in the fact that after another 8 years of vast Abramovich spending, they find themselves below us. According to this table on transfer spending: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2003-2011.html they have spent ?ú447 million net on transfers since 2003. Our net spend is ?ú103 million by comparison (and probably lower since then, if this doesn't include the Berbatov/Keane sales - we've probably hardly spent anything net in the years since these sales). And that is just the fees. How much has he subsidised the wages again? Another 500m on top of that, isn't it? Plus the debt he inherited (100m). So that is over a billion in 8 years.... to end up 6th and below us? :ross: Again, if there was any justice in the world the Russian working class would be allowed to string this **** up by his balls for his robbery of assets built up by the people over the Soviet Union over several decades. All together now ....COME ON BAYERN! DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES! :)

Harry Perkins

You are now my favourite poster, for paraphrasing the finest film known to man (well, this man anyway)

and fitting it in a tinkle take of Chelsea

The team that started the rot in buying success that they did nothing to deserve, breeding a generation of gormless ****s who become selectively blind about that distinction and who, no matter how the record books look in a 100 years time - when I shuffle off this mortal coil, will go down in my book as the most easily despised club with the biggest selection of tossers as supporters.

It will be cold comfort if they do win the European cup, particularly as they will only do it by being as ugly as the carbuncle on the face of football, that the Greek team were that won the Euros.

Hopefully they will think they are half decent and try to play football, Then they will get destroyed.

If there is a GHod

Back