• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The first time above Chelsea since 1996 celebration thread!

Harry_Perkins

Ben Thatcher
I honestly hate these cretins as much as Arsenal and I doubt I'm alone. Arsenal, lets be honest here, have always at least been a top club. No doubt about it. They've had their ups and downs, mostly downs in the modern era until Graham and then Wenger turned up, but they've always been one of the biggest clubs around. They might have cheated to get there. Woolwich and Henry Norris and all that. But since then, top club and I can respect them to an extent. It is like the end of Zulu. Yes, we've been trying to kill you forever... but I always salute fellow braves! Chelsea though? Are you fudging bricking me? Respect? LOL. Even Leyton Orient have never had a car park inside the ground! Beat Leeds in a cup final replay once, wasn't it? Wow, take a bow! To paraphrase Brian Clough, all those trophies since 1996... you may as well throw them in the bin. You didn't earn it! On top of that - the support. We organised against the NF and racists at Tottenham when they were a growing force in the 70s - at Chelsea, by all accounts, they were half the faithful! Again, Arsenal were never as scummy. Always a broadly multiracial, multicultural club.

So tonight... lets BASK a little in this one, shall we? No matter what happens now, whether they win the CL or not, it is a nice little achievement for us. After all, these idiots have been spunking vast fortunes since the mid 1990s. If there was any justice they would have gone the way of Leeds in 2004. They were nearly 100m in debt and had no Champions League for a couple of years. They'd even been dumped out of the Uefa Cup by some Israeli team and St.Gallen of Switzerland! Bates was in desperate trouble and it should have been game over.

That said, there is some satisfaction in the fact that after another 8 years of vast Abramovich spending, they find themselves below us. According to this table on transfer spending: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2003-2011.html they have spent ?ú447 million net on transfers since 2003. Our net spend is ?ú103 million by comparison (and probably lower since then, if this doesn't include the Berbatov/Keane sales - we've probably hardly spent anything net in the years since these sales). And that is just the fees. How much has he subsidised the wages again? Another 500m on top of that, isn't it? Plus the debt he inherited (100m). So that is over a billion in 8 years.... to end up 6th and below us? :ross: Again, if there was any justice in the world the Russian working class would be allowed to string this **** up by his balls for his robbery of assets built up by the people over the Soviet Union over several decades. All together now ....COME ON BAYERN! DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES! :)

Last edited:
Should we be re-naming this St Chokesea's Day or summit???

Nice sentiment, (can't believe it's been 16 years) but I won't be punching the air JUST yet... not least until Sunday is over, and THEN we'll know whether we need to turn German for the CL final...

why the hell not ?

O7z00.gif

300kdwrhits.jpg

Hmm I think not chaps

Let's just keep this one quiet for 2 weeks, yeah?

Otherwise, karma gonna getcha

I always tell Cheatski supporters I meet that they have spent ?ú1bn more than us in recent years, so even if they are 3 points ahead, that isn't much for ?ú1bn

Wow, just didnt realise it had been 16 seasons. Its a start I suppose, but almost meaningless if they win the CL and we arent sitting in 3rd place if they do.

Just goes to show how a good cup run, or two in Chelsea's case can paper over the cracks when it comes to their league form. For them to have spent so much money and only finish 6th is not a great deal better than Liverpool's current position in all honesty.

in fairness you miserable bunch of sods this is a thread about league standings - fudge the CL

:p

Some of the spastics in this thread :lol:

The thread is truth, It's impossible for Chelsea to finish above us..

Hang on......we ARE above Chelsea. Chelsea can NOT finish above us.
That is a fact.

Exactly! What is a toss up now is which European competition we'll be playing in next year. But it can't be taken away that we've finally overhauled the bastards in the league! :)

in fairness you miserable bunch of sods this is a thread about league standings - fudge the CL

:p

All league standings below 1st, specifically top 4, are about CL qualification, no? Chelsea can still finish "above" us, by beating Bayern, unless we finish above scum, thus taking our CL spot.

I know I haven't got the required posts to say this, but I am going to say it anyway:

Sh*t OMT!! :lol:

(......and Yes, I know I am a hypocrite as I have already contributed to this thread!)

Back