• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

If we win the next five games, I'll believe things are starting to happen. Beyond that if we can go on another long undefeated run, I'll be very pleased.
Ludogorets (x2), West Brom, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea.

I'm not expecting 5 wins there.

We were flattered by the win against Burnley too.
They didn't create much either. We edged the Burnley game. That could possibly gone either way, but we were the better team in both ends on the day. Yesterday was a pretty clear and well deserved win.
Just because we didn't steamroll and smash them 5-0, doesn't mean we didn't deserve the win!

But yesterday we hardly deserved the win. So lets take it as 2 points gained from that 4 lost.

Not really as at home to Brighton should be bread and butter 3 points so anything less than that is points lost, a bad performance wouldn't change the fact you've dropped points.

If you want to cancel out points lost in that way I'd say we're 2 points up from the United away game as usually you wouldn't expect 3 points there. But tbh I'd say Everton at home should be 3 points too so overall 5 down on what you'd expect us to have at this stage with those fixtures if going for the top.

*not a swipe at anyone or anything just a comment on points lost v points gained

Not really as at home to Brighton should be bread and butter 3 points so anything less than that is points lost, a bad performance wouldn't change the fact you've dropped points.

If you want to cancel out points lost in that way I'd say we're 2 points up from the United away game as usually you wouldn't expect 3 points there. But tbh I'd say Everton at home should be 3 points too so overall 5 down on what you'd expect us to have at this stage with those fixtures if going for the top.

*not a swipe at anyone or anything just a comment on points lost v points gained
So far this season we are:

-3 Everton
+3 Southampton
+1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
+3 Man Utd
-2 West Ham
+2 Burnley
+0 Brighton.

so we’re 4 up on last season or 0.57 points per game.

So far this season we are:

-3 Everton
+3 Southampton
+1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
+3 Man Utd
-2 West Ham
+2 Burnley
+0 Brighton.

so we’re 4 up on last season or 0.57 points per game.

Yeah, last season in which we were pretty poor overall and finished 6th - not really the yardstick i want to be measuring by.

Man Utd is the only game you'd look at on paper and say you'd take/expect a result other than a win.

Last edited:
Yeah, last season in which we were pretty poor - not really the yardstick i want to be measuring by
It’s a more defined, agreeable yardstick than the ‘billyiddo yardstick’ though.

Last season we ended up 7 points off 3rd place. We’re 4 points up on last year already after only 18% of our games.

Last season we ended up 7 points off 3rd place. We’re 4 points up on last year already after only 18% of our games.

Not really, last seasons results and league places don't have an exact bearing on what will be required this season. We're looking to finish as high as possible this season and so should be looking at the points available in each game and whether or not we should win - I believe Spurs win was the bookies favoured result for each game played asides from United away.

That and of course the quote i was responding to and the point of my response was with regards to what constitutes 'dropped/lost points'

16 LIV
14 TOT
13 EVE SOU WOL
12 CHE AST LEI ARS
11 MNC NEW
10 LEE CRY
08 WHU
07 MNU
05 BRI
03 WBA
01 SHE FUL BUR
Don't look at the league table until after 10 games.
Behave Miles. It is vital to monitor where we are in relation to the other title contenders. We are 2 points behind the favourites and a couple of points ahead of various rivals, great stuff. That is all.

Not really, last seasons results and league places don't have an exact bearing on what will be required this season. We're looking to finish as high as possible this season and so should be looking at the points available in each game and whether or not we should win - I believe Spurs win was the bookies favoured result for each game played asides from United away.

That and of course the quote i was responding to and the point of my response was with regards to what constitutes 'dropped/lost points'
We could all get very rich, pretty quickly if it was as easy as backing the favorite at the bookies....

At this stage last season we'd played Liverpool, City, utd and Chelsea.
No we hadn’t
We had 11 points
And had played
Villa winning 3-1
City 2-2
Saudi Sportswashing Machine we lost 1-0
Arsenal we drew 2-2
Palace 4-0 win
Leicester 2-1 loss
Southampton 2-1 win

Add to that we were robbed of two points against Saudi Sportswashing Machine by that ridiculous hanball penalty decision. And if you replayed the last 8 minutes of the WetSpam game 1000 times, we would never have conceded an own goal , a worldie and miss a virtual sitter again. A total fluke result costing us another two points.

Add to that we were robbed of two points against Saudi Sportswashing Machine by that ridiculous hanball penalty decision. And if you replayed the last 8 minutes of the WetSpam game 1000 times, we would never have conceded an own goal , a worldie and miss a virtual sitter again. A total fluke result costing us another two points.
West Ham results happen. They up their game
every game
Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a robbery but our own fault again for not putting it to bed earlier
Annoying but results we have IMO learned from
It’s easy to forget that our first 11 (frisking who you pick) would have at least 4 new players from this window just gone and 2 form the previous summer. That’s over half the first 11

No we hadn’t
We had 11 points
And had played
Villa winning 3-1
City 2-2
Saudi Sportswashing Machine we lost 1-0
Arsenal we drew 2-2
Palace 4-0 win
Leicester 2-1 loss
Southampton 2-1 win

Really, last season, being the season after the CL final, Poch last season etc, did we not have a run at the start of the season playing a run of tough away fixtures including Liverpool, City and utd or Chelsea.
I must be miiss remembering!

Back