• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Don't look at the league table until after 10 games.

Probably more this season, personally an easy bet will be on clubs with squad depth.

The compression of this season will kill clubs that only rely on first 11 .. but we probably won't see that play out until December ..

Probably more this season, personally an easy bet will be on clubs with squad depth.

The compression of this season will kill clubs that only rely on first 11 .. but we probably won't see that play out until December ..

There's 6 points separating 1st from 13th. 2 points between 2nd and 9th. We'll see big movements in positions until a few clubs put a run of results together.

There's 6 points separating 1st from 13th. 2 points between 2nd and 9th. We'll see big movements in positions until a few clubs put a run of results together.

Yes. Had we lost yesterday, we might have been as low as 10th. Far too early to attach meaning to the table.

Although our last two leagues games have been a tough watch, I suppose the very nature of the West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine results would indicate that we are only a smidgen from being 4 PTS clear.

That said, I'm not sure if other teams have some hard luck stories? that might reflect on their points total?

Although our last two leagues games have been a tough watch, I suppose the very nature of the West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine results would indicate that we are only a smidgen from being 4 PTS clear.

That said, I'm not sure if other teams have some hard luck stories? that might reflect on their points total?
Well the team at the top have conceded the most goals
Arsenal have the best defence currently yet have only scored one more goal than Sonny
It’s an odd season

Yep. Christ knows how it's gonna shake out?

Could take all the way to Xmas for the league table to start settling down.

I think it could take longer than that. All the teams in Europe and playing 2 games per week til January, and most of their players won't get breaks during international windows. I think we've done extraordinarily well to get the result we have so far

Going out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup could be a blessing

I have a feeling that the 4 points dropped vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West ham will turn out to be decisive, one way or another.

Nice to be in such a lofty position in the table eh...

...however, how much of that is just reflective of the fact we haven't really played a really good team yet?

I have a feeling that the 4 points dropped vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West ham will turn out to be decisive, one way or another.

But yesterday we hardly deserved the win. So lets take it as 2 points gained from that 4 lost.

But yesterday we hardly deserved the win. So lets take it as 2 points gained from that 4 lost.
Exactly! We really need to move on from those games - unless we lose the league by 2-4pts! Every team has hard luck stories over the course of the season and as you say, we could have easily dropped points yesterday.

Onwards!

Exactly! We really need to move on from those games - unless we lose the league by 2-4pts! Every team has hard luck stories over the course of the season and as you say, we could have easily dropped points yesterday.

Onwards!
And against Burnley. If we'd won against the Hammers and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but only drawn against Burnley and Brighton with the same performances, there probably wouldn't be too much feeling that the results didn't match.

If we win the next five games, I'll believe things are starting to happen. Beyond that if we can go on another long undefeated run, I'll be very pleased.

Back