• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

I don't rate Chelsea anywhere near as highly as Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, those two will have a reasonable gap to the best of the rest by the end of the season I think. The fact Chelsea have an inexperienced manager may allow us to finish above them but if I had 100 grand to place on either of us to finish above the other at even money then unfortunately my money would be on them at the moment. I think that the points between 3rd and 6th will be quite tight though and any two of Chelsea, Man Utd, Leicester, us and perhaps Everton could make up the final two places in the top 4.

Emirates Marketing Project aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago but they're still joint favourites with Liverpool I think. They have been without Aguero remember and that is like us being without Kane. They will be there or thereabouts for all four trophies IMO.

Interesting that you find Chelsea predictable and boring. Do you not think that accusation can also be made about us?
Were far from predictable but I was referring to city
If we were teams would deal with the counter attacking better.
The reality is because we don’t rely on coached set plays were very hard to play against. City, arsenal you know what you will get. Chelsea too, to a point although their quite blunt IMO (sounds crazy for the 2nd highest scorers). United are the team who are arguably as unpredictable as us but in their case it’s because they have a guy as manager who isn’t really in charge.

Were far from predictable but I was referring to city
If we were teams would deal with the counter attacking better.
The reality is because we don’t rely on coached set plays were very hard to play against. City, arsenal you know what you will get. Chelsea too, to a point although their quite blunt IMO (sounds crazy for the 2nd highest scorers). United are the team who are arguably as unpredictable as us but in their case it’s because they have a guy as manager who isn’t really in charge.
But we are predictable in that you know exactly what we are going to do and who we are going to play through.

Stopping it is another question but that isn't the same as being unpredictable.

Last edited:
But we are predictable in that you know exactly what we are going to do and who we are going to play through.

Stopping it is another question but that isn't the same as being unpredictable.

in that we will play deep?
That’s just part of the plan
How do you deal with our counters when we don’t know what were gonna do ourselves ?

How do you deal with our counters when we don’t know what were gonna do ourselves ?
The style isn't in itself unpredictable, you know Spurs will sit deep. You know they intend on playing quickly through the transitions primarily through Kane when he drops in. We are pretty good at it and have fantastic attacking quality so it is difficult to combat (although not impossible as recent games have shown).

We are no more unpredictable than the other top 6 sides (Arsenal & Emirates Marketing Project excepted, very predictable but yet still rather difficult to stop).

The style isn't in itself unpredictable, you know Spurs will sit deep. You know they intend on playing quickly through the transitions primarily through Kane when he drops in. We are pretty good at it and have fantastic attacking quality so it is difficult to combat (although not impossible as recent games have shown).

We are no more unpredictable than the other top 6 sides (Arsenal & Emirates Marketing Project excepted, very predictable but yet still rather difficult to stop).

We do play via Kane as he is world class but we also play through other players
We can play with and without the ball so can mix it when we get allowed too
I don’t see the other sides doing that myself

Kane drops deep, we pass it to Kane, Kane turns and puts a ball in behind for Son to run on to. That is about 70% of our attacking idea. Teams now look like they are finding it predictable as they are getting a midfielder tight on Kane as he drops deep and making sure they stop him turning.

Kane drops deep, we pass it to Kane, Kane turns and puts a ball in behind for Son to run on to. That is about 70% of our attacking idea. Teams now look like they are finding it predictable as they are getting a midfielder tight on Kane as he drops deep and making sure they stop him turning.
How did we score vs Liverpool? It was Lo celso doing it?
Vs palace? Kane shooting on sight
One team has done it so far and did ok at it and that was Leicester, and the team were very disjointed that day
MOTD had some fresh footage the other week do when we played arsenal and city and how we switched who drops and show doesn’t. It was quite prominent that it was something we had worked on
Abs that’s of course assuming we will be playing counter attacking which I guess we will see soon if that’s the strategy vs the lesser sides

Sun 27 Wolves (A)
Wed 30 Fulham (H)
Sat 2 Leeds (H)
Tue 5 Brentford (H) (could also be Wed 6, but most likely on the 5th as City have a game Sunday the 3rd)
Sun 10 Marine (A)
Wed 13 Aston Villa (A)
Sun 17 Sheffield Utd (A)
Sat 23 FA cup 4th round?
Thu 28 Liverpool (H)

Looks like one round of matches is split over two weeks and we get our break in the week before the next round in the FA cup.

The league is there to be won this year ffs - release the bloody handbrake Jose and make me eat my words

The league is there to be won this year ffs - release the bloody handbrake Jose and make me eat my words
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

we've never been in a better position to win it, everyone else is brick, all we have to do is not be brick

We are brick though. We don’t finish games off, and that’s our big problem. I remember when the team was encouraged to be brave. Well they’re playing like cowards now. Defending 1-0 leads. Disgraceful.

We are brick though. We don’t finish games off, and that’s our big problem. I remember when the team was encouraged to be brave. Well they’re playing like cowards now. Defending 1-0 leads. Disgraceful.

In all seriousness we have the players to finish ganes off - we show that but how we play when the ganes are level - it's that we are being to safety first cut that out and we have what it takes...

Back