• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

In all seriousness we have the players to finish ganes off - we show that but how we play when the ganes are level - it's that we are being to safety first cut that out and we have what it takes...

We need a goal scoring midfielder too. We can’t rely on Kane and Son to score all our goals. Yet, who else will be a consistrr ET by goal scorer?

Unfortunately 6 plus other teams will be saying the same:D
I have a feeling Emirates Marketing Project will come on strong....
I have a feeling their games in hand will hurt them
Especially as they can’t seem to get their best 11 on the pitch.
And their motivation is the CL this season

I have a feeling their games in hand will hurt them
Especially as they can’t seem to get their best 11 on the pitch.
And their motivation is the CL this season
Their motivation is CL every season, it never ends up happening so they end up focusing on the league:D....

You’re not wrong. But Dele seems out of favour with Mourinho so not sure that there’s a future there.
Even if Dele played it would be in place of Ndombele and he's even less suited to the playmaker role leaving us no better off.

We need to play someone comfortable with the ball and a good passer in CM before we worry about playing a final third finishing player (Dele).

As we are setup now Dele would never get the ball early enough or in a good position to do anything productive.

Last edited:
For me, we should have a midfield of Hoijberg, Ndombele, and a goal scoring midfielder. The goal scoring midfielder would have to be happy to press, and not just to switch off without the ball, but is definitely needed. Ndombele is great for an hour, but is unlikely to be scoring high numbers within the next couple of seasons, even if he has the potential to increase his goal numbers in the years ahead.

For me, we should have a midfield of Hoijberg, Ndombele, and a goal scoring midfielder. The goal scoring midfielder would have to be happy to press, and not just to switch off without the ball, but is definitely needed. Ndombele is great for an hour, but is unlikely to be scoring high numbers within the next couple of seasons, even if he has the potential to increase his goal numbers in the years ahead.
I'm all for Ndombele / Lo Celso playing in depper midfield, it suits their attributes best but the manager seems to think otherwise so we have to accept that isn't going to happen.

Even if Dele played it would be in place of Ndombele and he's even less suited to the playmaker role leaving us no better off.

We need to play someone comfortable with the ball and a good passer in CM before we worry about playing a final third finishing player (Dele).

As we are setup now Dele would never get the ball early enough or in a good position to do anything productive.

I'd say the point is that Mourinho needs to alter his tactics in games we need to play on the front foot - absoloutely no need whatsoever for two sitting midfielders in these games so play Dele instead of Sissoko and have a midfield 3 of :

Ndombele Hojberg
Dele​

That's an instant improvement with what we have here and gets the one midfielder we have capable of scoring and assisting on the pitch, with a player behind capable of progressing the ball to him in dangerous positions.

If Lamela ever got fit I'd be playing him in attack as he's the much the more creative player out of our 3 industrious RWFs

You’re not wrong. But Dele seems out of favour with Mourinho so not sure that there’s a future there.

I agree but we cannot say Mourinho doesn't have the option of playing a goalscoring midfielder if he should so choose. It's his choice not to play him, it's his choice to set us up so defensively in games we should be taking to the opponents. And if we miss out on the title because of points dropped from leading positions against weaker opposition then that's solely on him and his approach.

I agree but we cannot say Mourinho doesn't have the option of playing a goalscoring midfielder if he should so choose. It's his choice not to play him, it's his choice to set us up so defensively in games we should be taking to the opponents. And if we miss out on the title because of points dropped from leading positions against weaker opposition then that's solely on him and his approach.
I don’t think we have a goalscoring midfielder who fits a 3
We do if we play 4-2-3-1

I don’t think we have a goalscoring midfielder who fits a 3
We do if we play 4-2-3-1

No reason why Dele can't play as the more advanced of the deeper 3, certainly something you'd try if you wanted to find a solution at least.

Or like you say play 4231, there are options there - he's not in a position where there's nothing left to try.

No reason why Dele can't play as the more advanced of the deeper 3, certainly something you'd try if you wanted to find a solution at least.

Or like you say play 4231, there are options there - he's not in a position where there's nothing left to try.
we have seen dele played in midfield... it didn’t work for him and it’s what propel judge his last 18 months on (when he played there)
He can play as one of the 3 though in the 4-2-3-1 as we have seen many times

we have seen dele played in midfield... it didn’t work for him and it’s what propel judge his last 18 months on (when he played there)
He can play as one of the 3 though in the 4-2-3-1 as we have seen many times

Not consistently with a good pair behind/alongside him.
If we want goals from midfield he is the only player in the squad that comes close to being that person so the focus, you would think, would be on finding a way...

Not consistently with a good pair behind/alongside him.
If we want goals from midfield he is the only player in the squad that comes close to being that person so the focus, you would think, would be on finding a way...
Yeah can’t disagree with that
But I don’t think it’s suits his game either and he would look worse IMO thereby given more ammunition to those who want him out

Yeah can’t disagree with that
But I don’t think it’s suits his game either and he would look worse IMO thereby given more ammunition to those who want him out

I disagree that it doesn't suit his game - but regardless the point is we have a player who can score goals that isn't being utilised, in any form, and as long as the team is underperforming in attack then questions need to be asked as to why the manager isn't trying to fit him in.

Last edited:
I disagree that it doesn't suit his game - but regardless the point is we have a player who can score goals that isn't being utilised, in any form, and as long as the team is underperforming in attack then questions need to be asked as to why the manager isn't trying to fit him in.
I guess the questions whether he would score them without the creative input he had previously (Eriksen)
I don’t really remember dele ever playing with a fit Tanguy, that’s for sure

Anyway, back on topic

All to play for, thank Hodd that Pool drew twice

Underlined have a game in hand so we might expect them to get 1 or 3 more points ish
Bold italic underlined have 2 games in hand so we might expect them to get 2 or 6 more points ish

33 LIV
30 MNU
29 LEI EVE
26 AST CHE TOT MNC SOT
23 WHA LEE
21 WOL
> brick

Back