• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Team didn’t look tired to me, just lazy
There is a difference
But the inability to pass isn’t excusable

Sorry Mr B that team today were excellent in second half at Liverpool. Today they looked lethargic and out of salts. They have not forgotten how to play in 4 days! They looked drained IMHO!

I think we were too narrow in our midfield shape. We can’t play 442 with the players that started. It means we get too congested and needed to spread the play, to create space with movement. Kane then drops deep too and we have no forward motion or runners

Sorry Mr B that team today were excellent in second half at Liverpool. Today they looked lethargic and out of salts. They have not forgotten how to play in 4 days! They looked drained IMHO!
Hey it’s all about opinions
I disagree
And I’d argue a tired player can still pass
But we don’t have the data to know the facts around their energy levels
What we can say is tiredness is why we lost that game. Two stupidly poor defensive calls by us did

A grind against a team right next to us in the league
And for once we were pressing fork the start
Leicester offered so little with the ball until Aurier had his brain fart
The game was broadly even until the Aurier's brain fart although for me Leicester had edged it with us starting to get a grip on things then the pen happens.

But that isn't enough for me to just say ok we lose this match. We had 45 minutes to turn around a single goal deficit, that's more than enough time to get a goal or even two. It never looked even remotely close.

The issue today much like last season is we were totally clueless when the onus was on us to create. A single goal should be completely behind us.

I do understand the unfortunate timing of GLC's injury just after taking Ndombele off but we put ourselves in that position. If we had instead been positive and taken Sissoko off we would still have had a creative player available to rejig things. It's not hindsight for me because like many and I think yourself Sissoko is the player that needed to go off when we are chasing a goal.

Jose needs to stop using Sissoko as his safety crutch, especially not when we are chasing a game. If we must use him, he should be coming on to shore up games.

Until we can get consistent and reliable use of the ball in midfield matches will continue to be a grind. Every single game should not be a grind.

The game was broadly even until the Aurier's brain fart although for me Leicester had edged it with us starting to get a grip on things then the pen happens.

But that isn't enough for me to just say ok we lose this match. We had 45 minutes to turn around a single goal deficit, that's more than enough time to get a goal or even two. It never looked even remotely close.

The issue today much like last season is we were totally clueless when the onus was on us to create. A single goal should be completely behind us.

I do understand the unfortunate timing of GLC's injury just after taking Ndombele off but we put ourselves in that position. If we had instead been positive and taken Sissoko off we would still have had a creative player available to rejig things. It's not hindsight for me because like many and I think yourself Sissoko is the player that needed to go off when we are chasing a goal.

Jose needs to stop using Sissoko as his safety crutch, especially not when we are chasing a game. If we must use him, he should be coming on to shore up games.

Until we can get consistent and reliable use of the ball in midfield matches will continue to be a grind. Every single game should not be a grind.
See my comments in the sissoko thread

It would have been difficult no matter what with the Lo Celso injury as Ndombele hasn't been trusted beyond an hour anyway. Being without both of them chasing a game against a very good team.

He put on Winks centrally for Sissoko. Aurier perhaps was tiring a bit having played full games against Palace and Liverpool and he wasn't offering that much going forward today so I can understand moving Sissoko to right back.

I doubt it
The players are brought into Mourinho
They get that he has a track record and has their respect
He hasn’t singled out a player from today despite the press trying to get him too
We move onto Wednesday now

The longer we go on struggling against teams which we can't sit back and counter on the quicker the players will be asking for their money back

The longer we go on struggling against teams which we can't sit back and counter on the quicker the players will be asking for their money back

I’d agree if we had a team of trophy laden players, but we don’t

we have players who are allergic to trophies

I’d agree if we had a team of trophy laden players, but we don’t

we have players who are allergic to trophies

They want to win games all the same and if they aren't being coached in a style of play that gets them doing that then they aren't going to care how many trophies he has won.

They want to win games all the same and if they aren't being coached in a style of play that gets them doing that then they aren't going to care how many trophies he has won.

Agreed. Would love to know whether the players believe in the tactics

They do ands before this week we were top
Heady heights for the players

We would never know
We do know there wasn’t really a debate on this a week ago

Of course we'd never know. On the second point, I agree - the problem with Jose's tactics is that people (and probably players) will accept it whilst we're winning, but the danger is that that turns quickly negative if results drop off

Of course we'd never know. On the second point, I agree - the problem with Jose's tactics is that people (and probably players) will accept it whilst we're winning, but the danger is that that turns quickly negative if results drop off
I’m not sure it does turn that quick
Fans turn quick but fans are horrendously fickle
We have fans who wait until we lose before posting on here (I find that odd but it’s true) for example. Fans who relish the negativity of a defeat
Players don’t relish it for sure. We would have to be on an arsenal spiral IMO for the players to turn against Jose and I just don’t see that myself
But anything can happen

I’m not sure it does turn that quick
Fans turn quick but fans are horrendously fickle
We have fans who wait until we lose before posting on here (I find that odd but it’s true) for example. Fans who relish the negativity of a defeat

Players don’t relish it for sure. We would have to be on an arsenal spiral IMO for the players to turn against Jose and I just don’t see that myself
But anything can happen

Yes we have you only have to read the threads when we do lose. Thankfully this forum has less " muppets" then most forums but they are there, sad to say.

They do ands before this week we were top
Heady heights for the players

By that token, we'll soon be 6th with the games in hand and then the doubt creeps in - this is the point, if we don't find a way to win these types of games then we're not going to be threatening the top for much longer. I said this when we were scraping games against defensive sides 1-0 that it's unsustainable the way we play and it's still the case.

By that token, we'll soon be 6th with the games in hand and then the doubt creeps in - this is the point, if we don't find a way to win these types of games then we're not going to be threatening the top for much longer. I said this when we were scraping games against defensive sides 1-0 that it's unsustainable the way we play and it's still the case.
I never thought we were scraping those games myself. I thought the positions created is little and I debated that at the time.
Neither did the players I assume
But doubts do set in
Were lucky that there are games coming thick and fast now to get back on track
It may happen, it may not
We will see
Things can change very quickly
I don’t think the way we play is unsustainable but i do get its criticisms. It’s why I’ve flagged up the issue with poor old Moussa for example. To get on the front foot, you need the ball on the front foot. Something he struggles with
But arguably the depth at CM isn’t where it needs to be

Back