• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Next 6:
Emirates Marketing Project (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)
Liverpool (A)
Leicester (H)

Its a tough run but at least all them bar Palace have the same distraction of European games as we do. If we could take, say, 9 points (2W, 3D and 1L) I'd probably take that

Key thing in my view is resting more players for the EL games. That doesn't necessarily mean fielding a lot weaker teams that in the first couple EL games, but particularly for LASK away I dont see the need to fill the bench with first team players - take a squad of 15/16 first team squad players and kids.

Their an effective team
But today they were bang average in a way Spurs fans would moan
I’ve said it loads but and you come back to it. Their set up is about counter attacking and pace. This season that may be enough. They also don’t have Mahrez but have spread that through their side. I really like the new drench lad at CB
Own who has surprised me is James playing wing back. He can’t defend very well but he is covering a lot of his side. I’m amazed more teams haven’t pinned him back so clearly be is doing something
Today though that penalty was robbery IMO.
They beat Wolves. You were happy when we took 3 points off of Wolves last season. Despite being behind the whole game I think Wolves created 1 reasonable chance against Leicester. I find it weird that you cannot accept Leicester are a good side.

The penalty is simply the rule being applied, the rule is wrong but the City v Liverpool game showed that it is currently the rule. Leicester also missed a second, undisputed penalty as well remember.

James? Do you mean Justin?

They beat Wolves. You were happy when we took 3 points off of Wolves last season. Despite being behind the whole game I think Wolves created 1 reasonable chance.

James? Do you mean Justin?

sorry yeah. The lad they signed from Luton
Wolves created very very little. It was an awful game to watch IMO
I’m not judging Leicester on the opposition they play. I’m not judging them at all unless my comments about them creating nothing other than penalties is judgment.
As I say it was a really dull game. Two counter attacking sides who didn’t want the ball.
It’s odd as both have quality technical players but their teams drilled in a system which is why their recruitment works well

Their an effective team
But today they were bang average in a way Spurs fans would moan
I’ve said it loads but and you come back to it. Their set up is about counter attacking and pace. This season that may be enough. They also don’t have Mahrez but have spread that through their side. I really like the new drench lad at CB
Own who has surprised me is James playing wing back. He can’t defend very well but he is covering a lot of his side. I’m amazed more teams haven’t pinned him back so clearly be is doing something
Today though that penalty was robbery IMO.
I think they've got injuries in defence but the young crew really are doing well for them.

You look to win the home games + Palace away and then anything from the other 2 is a bonus.
I'm not so sure home games this year will be what they used to be, what with the lack of fans. All are winnable, as long as our defense can hold the big six to no more than a goal.

That would be hard for any team to cover for effectively?

Castagne?
All depends on your set to and back ups
Castagne has stepped in quickly and is versatile
The lad their playing DM has been there some time and again has been very good
Their weakness has been when Vardy has been out as they don’t have the goals there otherwise

All depends on your set to and back ups
Castagne has stepped in quickly and is versatile
The lad their playing DM has been there some time and again has been very good
Their weakness has been when Vardy has been out as they don’t have the goals there otherwise
I mean Castagnes been injured as well?.

Vardy being out is troublesome for them. Although Ineacho has shown some form since Rodgers has been there. As he did look a player at City.

Simply, Rodgers is a good system coach, and it is easier to cover the injured player if the man coming in at least knows the system.

I mean Castagnes been injured as well?.

Vardy being out is troublesome for them. Although Ineacho has shown some form since Rodgers has been there. As he did look a player at City.

Simply, Rodgers is a good system coach, and it is easier to cover the injured player if the man coming in at least knows the system.
He is just that
And as we saw last year, let them have the ball and the they struggle more
Castagne only missed yesterday’s game since he joined

Klopp, Pep and Jose need to start fudging leaning on the FA (and I think we are starting to see some "common messaging")

- Give the teams in Europe better week-end slot options
- Schedule the domestic cups sensibly for same teams
- Bring back the fudging 5 subs and larger bench

They need to fudging call it out every fudging game until the FA does something ..

Successful clubs have big deep squads, in part paid for by being successful and regularly competing in Europe - they should be using the deep squads that they can afford to stock with highly paid talented players more rarher than complaining about fixturr congestion.

The odds are already stacked in their/our favour - why should the league look to make it even more so?
I include us in that.

Thursday-Sunday
Wednesday-Saturday

Not unreasonable to expect clubs to cope with that schedule

Trying to figure out how we can go higher than top, but OK. :p
It's that kind of negative thinking that restricts our growth. We have to grab opportunity and shake it by the lapels until new horizons appear and the clouds of uncertainty part to reveal the path untrodden by the dull footsteps of those whose limited mindset shackles them to dull delirium of the mediocre. Once we shift our internal ambition dynamics in a thrusting upward trajectory we can scale BEYOND the highest points.

Successful clubs have big deep squads, in part paid for by being successful and regularly competing in Europe - they should be using the deep squads that they can afford to stock with highly paid talented players more rarher than complaining about fixturr congestion.

The odds are already stacked in their/our favour - why should the league look to make it even more so?
I include us in that.

Thursday-Sunday
Wednesday-Saturday

And we haven’t really complained by comparison

I include us in that.

Thursday-Sunday
Wednesday-Saturday

Absolutely; there is only so much moaning you can do when you can spend 40/50 million for players to sit on your bench.
Using the Monday night ko slot every now and then might help EL sides like us atm, but come on, both Liverpool and City played on Tuesday so had even more time than United did (and i thought Solksjaer's moaning was a joke in itself..)

Back