• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Elephant On The Forum

Delete this thread. The elephant is nowhere to be seen. Interestingly, neither are the Emperor's clothes.

See Arsenals form since the Villa game. One result doesn't make or break a season this early.

Precisely. And all teams will have a learning process through the season. Seems like we've realised that we need true width and which players give up quicker than others. If we can learn, can bounce back, then we can still have an excellent season.

The elephant was shot today; it remains to be seen whether it was a tranquilliser dart or a bullet.

Almost every team has a couple of really bad results. This one was a disaster because it was at home but it's not a season breaker by any means. In fact it could be the season maker, because where AVB has been "reasonable" to players with his team selection now he can be ruthless for the next game and actually play who he feels his best XI is. May be harsh on Townsend but I wouldn't be at all surprised if next game Soldado is up top with Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela behind him.

Almost every team has a couple of really bad results. This one was a disaster because it was at home but it's not a season breaker by any means. In fact it could be the season maker, because where AVB has been "reasonable" to players with his team selection now he can be ruthless for the next game and actually play who he feels his best XI is. May be harsh on Townsend but I wouldn't be at all surprised if next game Soldado is up top with Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela behind him.

Totally agree with this point. By picking Defoe he has bought himself the opportunity to be ruthless with the squad, who now don't have cause to complain if they don't take their chance. Could be worth more points to us over a season even with dropping some yesterday.

I think Townsend is starting while Lamela settles in, but Holtby may have played his way in ahead of Eriksen. Sig probably deserves one more chance before dropping his league place to Chadli, as it wasn't really his fault yesterday.

Not a season breaker, I can agree with that. In the grand scheme of things it's three points dropped, if every team that dropped three points stupidly to lower opposition couldn't be considered title challenger then there would be no title challengers. All the sides do it.

Would not be surprised by most of those changes. Lamela in for Townsend would surprise me, because yet again he was one of our brightest performers and he made things happen, even going down the outside of his man, which people wanted him to do.

Bump because i want to see this "we can win the title but no is talking about it" thread next to the "avb should be sacked" thread.

The transitional period is preventing our squad from hitting the heavy heights but the longer we stay in contention, the better our chances of everything coming together and us taking the title.

The title is wide open this year - that's for sure. People say it's nailed on between City or Chelsea but neither of them are convincing - nobody is, which is why three points cover the top 7 teams. We certainly have the squad to challenge, but the performances have been nowhere near convincing - at least, ironically, until the 2nd half on Sunday.

I didn't want AVB as manager, there's a whiff of emporor's new clothes about him for me. However now he's here we've got to get on with it. That second half, and the chances we created, give me hope that maybe he can turn it around. We are three points off the top after 10 games playing some terrible stuff. Surely, if this squad can be made to click offensively, we could walk this league.

If.

Still think we might do it. Keep things tight , new players gelling up front other teams dropping points things will be very interesting.

The one thing in our favour is that we have been pretty poor so far this season, we haven't seen the best from our big guns yet, but we are still right in the chasing pack.

Whoever can put a big run together will win it (captain obvious!)...we could do it, but we'll have to up our game. So the question is, can we up our game from it's current level. Given what our signings have done for other clubs, I think we most certainly can.

Back