• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Well don't think it was a great ball to get Bell out, but spot on with KP. I can relax now. Root looks like he's going nowhere but he'll run out of friends soon enough.

Same old story, top order giving away thier wickets.

It'll be 5-0 if it doesn't stop, and no reason to think it will stop. Sounded like the KP wicket was a decent ball but he gave fielders a couple of chances with poor decisions previously.

Easy to call for Bell to No.3 but Root has looked ok today and was left without a partner in the 2nd innings last game.

Havent all the top 5 hit half centuries over the last two matches? Sadly whenever one of them has, the others have been gone for single figures.

Root gone.

Aussie spinners are so poor, really shocking to lose a wicket to either Lyon or Smith

Prior playing for his place in this innings now. Stokes isn't a batsman, shouldn't be there at #6, not sure why they picked him.

Aside from some very very poor shot selections at least a few of the players under fire showed some heart and fight

Very good knock from Root indeed, will give him some confidence, and some much needed runs at the end for Prior too

All wrapped up within the first hour even though it was a delayed start. Dear oh dear.

waca should be more even hopefully, would rather see a good match.

starts at 02.30 as well so I can watch the last session when I get up each morning.

Best we can hope for in this series now is a draw, and that is being unbelievably optimisitic.

Even if we lose the next three, I would like to see us go out and bat with more intent and try to put their bowlers under pressure instead of standing there blocking everything and looking scared. Surely we can't play much worse than we have done so far?

Mitchell Johnson in the form he's in on a hard WACA pitch in the middle of a heat wave. Good luck wit that.

Yeah it's heating up over here this week. The WACA is going to be treacherous, though it's not as deadly as it used to be. I guess we could hope that the heat saps Johnson's energy a bit???

Quick turn around too. There was a lot of pressure on us to at least rest Harris for Adelaide, but sounds like we're going in unchanged again.

I'm glad we didn't rest anyone. I think psychologically it would give you an edge knowing we weren't playing our best.

Could be that our bowlers are knackered after a few days.

Of our top 7 batsmen, 5 got half centuries at Adelaide. Hopefully that can be a spur to improve in the third test. I wonder if Prior has done enough to keep his place over Bairstow, I imagine he's bought himself at least one more test.

On a quick, bouncy pitch I imagine someone like Tremlett coming in for Swann will be a good move, with Monty keeping his place. Problem there is that we end up with a very short batting lineup, with Tremlett, Anderson and Panesar as our 9, 10 and 11. Maybe we'll have to go with Bresnan over Tremlett in that case.

The #6 is an interesting one. I don't follow much country cricket about whos in form, maybe Gary Ballance will get a debut.

The biggest issue is Cook. If he comes in and sets a tone at the top of the order then anything can happen. If he puts more pressure on the middle order by giving his wicket away again then we could get blown away for a third straight test.

Who knows, if England turn the tables on history and somehow grab a win at Perth the pressure shifts back to Australia even at 2-1 up. Not likely, but I can hope.

There's undoubtedly going to be lots of bouncers aimed at the body again. They need to sort out trying to constantly hook these and evade rather than take the shot on.

The deck of death

BbL6HEaCAAAlRYp.jpg:large

Back