• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Must admit to finding it hard to fine any of them likeable. Maybe George Bailey, he seems fairly humble.

Been the same in the past to be honest. With Hussey and Gilchrist coming across as likeable out of a horrible lot.

Funny isn't it. When you were winning there were posts on here saying guys like Harris seemed like decent blokes. Now you're losing, they're all ****s.

Harris, Rogers, Lyon, Smith. What have they done that's so ****ish?

Harris always used to come across as a decent bloke, but maybe with the influence of Lehmann he's put on this more over-aggressive persona.

Forgot about Rogers, who doesn't spout off too much. Lyon and Smith aren't bad either I suppose.

Smith ****ed me off bowling a full toss and getting Bell out though!

Must admit to finding it hard to fine any of them likeable. Maybe George Bailey, he seems fairly humble.

Been the same in the past to be honest. With Hussey and Gilchrist coming across as likeable out of a horrible lot.

To be honest, Johnson actually comes across ok to me off the pitch. On it is a different matter, but that's ok isn't it? I'm not going to defend any of the others though. Bullies in the worst sense of the word.

Just back from the WA v English media footy match (my boss was playing for WA).

Was a good giggle. Bumble was the English coach, kind of assisted by Nasser Hussain. Michael Vaughn was playing and is a decent player, scored a cracker of a goal.

Steve Finn was watching, and someone asked if he was playing tomorrow. He said he didn't know yet. I was watching him do some keepy-uppy and he very nearly rolled his ankle!

Funny isn't it. When you were winning there were posts on here saying guys like Harris seemed like decent blokes. Now you're losing, they're all ****s.

Harris, Rogers, Lyon, Smith. What have they done that's so ****ish?

Those 4 are ok.

But the rest are ****s. Players like Johnson and Warner show zero class in victory. Like the other day Matt Prior was asked how he thought it was best to deal with the short ball, he responded by saying we need to take the short ball on and not retreat. Johnson's response was so arrogant like why would you do that? Do you really think that's the best strategy? What the hell was Prior supposed to say? We'll just carry on looking scared and blocking everything?

I'm afraid I think we need to write this series off already. Had them 5 down and can't finish the job again.
England have been pretty poor in Aus all teams have a dip in form but this is unbelievable how so many players have looked completely void of form all at once .

I love Anderson but if the ball don't swing he's not as potent to the attack.

Oh well just can't let them roll us 5-0

How is Hussey in ICC test team of the year? He retired in January. And Kohli isn't even in the one day team of the year.

I'm afraid I think we need to write this series off already. Had them 5 down and can't finish the job again.
England have been pretty poor in Aus all teams have a dip in form but this is unbelievable how so many players have looked completely void of form all at once .

I put that down to the heat (and a fairly flat wicket). It's been bloody hot over here today. Hit 41 degrees at one point.

I really do think the ICC need to look at the coin toss. We won three tosses in the summer, and won all three tests. The two tests that we did not win, one we would have lost but for the weather, and the other we only almost won because of a charitable declaration because of the time lost due to the weather. This series, Australia have won the toss and it looks like they will win the matches.

I believe they should toss once at the start of the series, and from that point on the captains get to choose whether to bat or bowl in alternate tests. That way, Australia would have won the toss and chosen in the first match, we would have had first choice in the second, Australia in the third and so on and so forth. Most of the time, the side that gets to have first use of a good pitch will win, or at least not lose the match, and yes, whilst we have been outplayed, I think a large part of that is because Australia have had first use of the pitch meaning that when it comes to our turn to bat we are already under pressure.

I really do think the ICC need to look at the coin toss. We won three tosses in the summer, and won all three tests. The two tests that we did not win, one we would have lost but for the weather, and the other we only almost won because of a charitable declaration because of the time lost due to the weather. This series, Australia have won the toss and it looks like they will win the matches.

I believe they should toss once at the start of the series, and from that point on the captains get to choose whether to bat or bowl in alternate tests. That way, Australia would have won the toss and chosen in the first match, we would have had first choice in the second, Australia in the third and so on and so forth. Most of the time, the side that gets to have first use of a good pitch will win, or at least not lose the match, and yes, whilst we have been outplayed, I think a large part of that is because Australia have had first use of the pitch meaning that when it comes to our turn to bat we are already under pressure.

You have a point, but given the chasm between the form of the sides I doubt that England would have achieved better results had they won every toss.

This has been so frustrating. Seems to keep happening too. Can you imagine Prior & Stokes putting on circa.150 for us for the sixth wicket....?!

Good suggestion. I had also noticed the pattern of matches victories going exclusively with winning the toss this year.

Most of the time, the side that gets to have first use of a good pitch will win, or at least not lose the match, and yes, whilst we have been outplayed, I think a large part of that is because Australia have had first use of the pitch meaning that when it comes to our turn to bat we are already under pressure.

umm no. Our first innings in the first test you knocked us over for less than 300. You got to play on a pretty clean day 2 deck with all the momentum and bottled it.

Back