• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Bell just needed a partner. He looked very comfortable.

Prior's an absolute chump. Who's your second keeper?

So much for the predictions on here beforehand of an east England win.

lets be honest weve gifted them a lot on top of their good play..

1st test they were 120/5 we let them off the hook

2nd test the dropped catches cost us over 250 runs

Michael Vaughan:

"It's been pathetic, feeble - there is no way you can protect this batting today," he said. "England would have been blown away on day one if they'd batted like this. They are mentally shot.

"Even when England lost 5-0 in 2006-07, I don't remember them folding like this. This is as bad as I have seen from an England side."

Vaughan, who captained England to their first Ashes triumph in 18 years in 2005, believes there were signs their standards were slipping during the 3-0 victory over Australia in July and August.

"The last three Test matches of the summer were the warning signs for this England team," added Vaughan.

"They weren't playing great. Their brand of cricket was poor - attritional and very negative. If you can't go out and express your game when you are 2-0 up in an Ashes series on home soil, when you've doctored your own decks, there's a real problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25277829

lets be honest weve gifted them a lot on top of their good play..

1st test they were 120/5 we let them off the hook

2nd test the dropped catches cost us over 250 runs

Yeah but it was comical to see us saying "we won 3-0 and we didn't really play well" as if we expected to magically turn it on when we got to Australia and we expected them to NOT improve on home soil in conditions which suit them and actually could have won at least two of the 5 tests last summer:

Trent Bridge - Could have gone either way. Their tail saved them but Bell was the only one in form for us.

Lords - Ok we bossed this test.

Old Trafford - Only the rain saved us from losing and prevented them from getting back into the series.

Durham - Didn't bat well again, Bell the only one in form again. We bowled well but the Aussies shot themselves in the foot with that collapse.

The Oval - Odd match as the Aussies had to declare as time constraints forced them to to have any chance of winning. We finally bat with some positivity, dispelling the myth that the pitches were tough to bat on. Didn't stop Australia from racking up a huge score at Old Trafford.

Yeah but it was comical to see us saying "we won 3-0 and we didn't really play well" as if we expected to magically turn it on when we got to Australia and we expected them to NOT improve on home soil in conditions which suit them and actually could have won at least two of the 5 tests last summer:

we did win 3-0 and were **** in the summer though, Cook, Trott, KO, Prior all were pretty average, I for one expected those to perform considerably better in this series as most cricket fans did

our bowlers time and time again got us out of the ****, and Bell was simply outstanding and held the batting together which he was lastnight too

we did win 3-0 and were **** in the summer though, Cook, Trott, KO, Prior all were pretty average, I for one expected those to perform considerably better in this series as most cricket fans did

our bowlers time and time again got us out of the ****, and Bell was simply outstanding and held the batting together which he was lastnight too

Ah no I expected us to play better as well (didn't expect Johnson to improve so dramatically too!) but I also expected them to play better which they have done and the fact that these series are back to back means last summer is fresh in their minds and feuds have carried over. We don't seem to like the old sledging and they know it.

Ah no I expected us to play better as well (didn't expect Johnson to improve so dramatically too!) but I also expected them to play better which they have done and the fact that these series are back to back means last summer is fresh in their minds and feuds have carried over. We don't seem to like the old sledging and they know it.

Defo, they have bullied us like the good old aussie teams used to !!!

I don't think it's the sledging. It's just genuine accurate pace that is undoing us. It's like we haven't experienced before.

I think people are overrating this Aus team. They're still a poor team, we're just even worse right now.

Clarke is the only legit world class player they have, although Johnson is playing like one right now.

Don't rate anyone else in thier batting lineup outside Haddin. Thier bowling is good but not exceptional.

Our team is just all out of nick. Is it just a case of too much cricket over the past few years? Outside of the #6 and 4th bowler, the same team has played nearly every test for 5-6 years.

Back