• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Too early for talk of 'series over', but what once looked like the deepest and most formidable batting lineup in test cricket now looks fragile and inexperienced.

It's been a while since both batsmen and bowlers clicked, and generally over the last couple of years we've relied on either the bowlers bailing out the batsmen or vice verca. Sadly at the moment neither the bowlers nor the batsmen are performing. What looked like a lifeless pitch when we bowled looks like a minefield now we're batting. So far they have out batted us and outbowled us, and with Cook out of form and Trott gone, I can't see anyone with the fighting qualities to ground out runs when under the cosh.

I think we also need to be more aggressive (although it's hard to be too aggressive when you bat second after the other team have posted a good score). They have been scoring at 4-5 an over early on, and we are chugging along at 1.5-2, it allows them to build pressure far too easily. I'd like the openers to show a bit more purpose rather than just trying to dig in.

The bowlers have bailed the batting line up out for months and could not do it this time. Its been coming, now its time to dig in

Australia have always scored quicker than us, but it's embarrassing how much quicker they scored compared to England last summer considering we're supposed to be miles better than them and we're gunna win 10-0. The likes of Cook, Trott (I know he's left the tour) and Root score at such a slow rate that it puts pressure on the likes of Pietersen and Bell to not only get settled sharpish, but score quickly. Look at how Clarke batted last night, came out swinging on the first ball of the morning session. I would like to see us go out there today with more positivity and intent. Are the Aussies right about Cook? Is he too negative/cautious as a captain?

Their bowlers seem to have a plan for every one of our batsmen.

I made that comment last series about Cook. Although you obviously won, his defensive mind set creates doubt in his players.

It's what England seem to do in loads of sports, steady progressive players rarely known for being flash/explosive etc.

Whole team under performing. There were reports over here of Broad, KP and couple of others out clubbing until 3am earlier in the week. Not exactly great preparation....

England expected to just rock up and win, that's the problem.. That and Mitchell Johnson is actually killing it.. One of the most impressive sporting come backs of all time.

Combination of poor form, arrogance and Mitchell Johnson in the form of his life.

I tell you what. Johnson in this form at the WACA is a terrifying prospect.

Stayed up till tea this morning, only Bell looked like he knew how to play today, he has to bat at 3 going forward

Some awful shots, weve been bullied & intimidated by the Aussies

Massive credit to them, they have done ever so well

He bowls to the left, he bowls to the right, that Mitchell Johnson he's bowling alright !!!

Middle order mayhem, this is ridiculous !!!!

6 - 9 Brisbane 1st Innings
4 - 9 Brisbane 2nd Innings
4 - 6 Adelaide 1st Innings

Aussie radio commentators over here bloody hilarious.
"Warner will be one of the worlds greatest ever cricketers"
"Australia on the verge of dominance like the great West Indies teams"

Australia put in two short mid-wickets. Pietersen's response... march down the pitch and clip it straight to short mid-wicket. The man is a macaron.

Last edited:
Back