• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Aussies only won once series in England since 2001, home advantage really does make the difference in modern day Ashes contests it seems

Nothing rightfully about it, it's based on rankings and a scoring system. If he has more than the people above him then he becomes number 1.

He has played well but abroad he's fairly poor, only one century and was dropped in the last Ashes.

Should dominate the game for years to come though.

Nothing rightfully about it, it's based on rankings and a scoring system. If he has more than the people above him then he becomes number 1.

He has played well but abroad he's fairly poor, only one century and was dropped in the last Ashes.

Should dominate the game for years to come though.

Bit harsh calling him poor abroad, he had a bad series in Aus last time around but then again the whole team did, apart from that his record is good to brilliant.

Bit harsh calling him poor abroad, he had a bad series in Aus last time around but then again the whole team did, apart from that his record is good to brilliant

I think he's an excellent player but only 1 century abroad v 7 at home. Lets see how he does away in UAE and SA this winter before we judge.

For me I think De Villiers is the best batsman around at the moment.

I think he's an excellent player but only 1 century abroad v 7 at home. Lets see how he does away in UAE and SA this winter before we judge.

For me I think De Villiers is the best batsman around at the moment.

South Africa tend to travel better than any other top test side. India have never travelled well, England do at times.

Lehmann having to justify WAGS on tour with players didn't impact player performances, thats ok, 5 hours of sex won't really impact you standing at 3rd slip all day

Lehmann having to justify WAGS on tour with players didn't impact player performances, thats ok, 5 hours of sex won't really impact you standing at 3rd slip all day
Having wags there wasntt ge reason we stuffed the aussies, we won because we were far better than they are

Having wags there wasntt ge reason we stuffed the aussies, we won because we were far better than they are
I don't think the ability gap is all that high.

I think the real difference is in mental strength between the two teams. Their captain was weak and it filtered down to the rest of them.

I don't think the ability gap is all that high.

I think the real difference is in mental strength between the two teams. Their captain was weak and it filtered down to the rest of them.

I don't think the gap is that big either. The conditions obviously play a factor, but it just depends on who turns up over the 5, or more recently 2 days in the test. There's no way on Earth we should have let them beat us 5-0 down under, the gap is not that big, we shot ourselves in the foot being so negative and scoring at a rate of 1.6 an over, thus building pressure on ourselves. Conversely, the 3-0 in the last England Ashes series flattered us, two of those tests could have gone either way and Australia were almost certainly denied at least one win at Old Trafford due to English weather.

Let's face it, the way Alistair Cook not only captains the side but plays his own game doesn't exactly scream positivity, he's cautious. But he seems to have benefitted from the new coaching regime hence the positive declaration at Trent Bridge in the last test.

To sum up, both teams are flakey and it really just depends who turns up over the course of the five tests. We could very easily go to Australia and win the next series, but we could lose badly again if we fall back into old, negative habits.

Cracking test match in Sri Lanka. A run a ball 150+ not out by Chandimal when they had a 180 run deficit from the first innings. India chasing about another 150 with 9 wickets left on a day 4 pitch.

Not so cracking for me, spun out by Herath and lost. I do miss a good turning pitch though where its 5/6 fielders round the bat, appeals every ball for nothing etc.

Back