• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Storm in a billabong.

Stoke was given out - not helped by the slow mo.
Morgan should have kept stumm.
Smith is an Australian.

Spirit of the game, shmirit of the game. Neither of us have much of a leg to stand on.

Ball was heading for the stumps. If Stokes is scared of a fast moving mound of leather, maybe he's playing the wrong sport.

Spirit of the game, shmirit of the game. Neither of us have much of a leg to stand on.

Ball was heading for the stumps. If Stokes is scared of a fast moving mound of leather, maybe he's playing the wrong sport.

I can happily say that Collingwood was wrong there, the same way I think Smith was wrong yesterday.

Yeh Smith was wrong in my opinion too. In normal time Stokes basically bricks it and puts his hand out like a fleeing 3 year old....just for the record as I would to.

Buttler is going to be great but with Bairstow lurking it's easy to give him a much needed rest, go back to Lancs and get some runs.

Ali should be batting at 5 or 6 though considering his form this summer.

Buttler has caught a bad case of the Bopara's

You are right, Buttler can be devastating but he has looked so limp with bat in the last two games!

Thats the kind of match that was screaming for a Buttler or Morgan type player to come in around 40 overs at No. 6 to accelerate. It seems like our best 'hitters' are all at the top

Thats the kind of match that was screaming for a Buttler or Morgan type player to come in around 40 overs at No. 6 to accelerate. It seems like our best 'hitters' are all at the top

Thought Moeen should have come instead of Stokes and move Stokes down to 7.
Don't think the current Buttler is of much use, needs a break

Loving England at the minute, I don't think we are anywhere near world class but neither are the Aussies or were NZ but it makes for great sport

We're very far from it. Seems to be a lack of Grade A talent at the moment.

Looking back makes you appreciate the Lars, Tendulkar, Ponting /Warne, Murali era. I think we'll reflect on that as a bit of a golden age, like Federer/Nadal/Djoko or Messi/Cronaldo.

Loving England at the minute, I don't think we are anywhere near world class but neither are the Aussies or were NZ but it makes for great sport

Its painful watching Stokes he is still bowels and bats like an adolescent, fields like a lion though. He need to take a leaf out of the Root book.
Like Roy @ No2 might get a test gig there. Move Moeen up the order.

Australia are still by far the better team as they are more consistent, especially in the white ball game.

Stokes is vastly overrated, his bowling is shocking, one spell I saw him in control but he just runs in and bangs it down. His Batting is all there but he doesn't have the mindset for the game yet,

Brilliant from England again today, won that easily, the bowling still needs some tinkering but it's great to watch, bring on Sunday

Gotta feel that Stokes will be dropped for the UAE 1 day series. We can get away with 3 seamers and 2 spinners and Root will come back in, I don't see how we can drop Taylor after this series.

Gotta feel that Stokes will be dropped for the UAE 1 day series. We can get away with 3 seamers and 2 spinners and Root will come back in, I don't see how we can drop Taylor after this series.

Trouble is he looks to have some solectores in his corner. He is ATM a jack of all trades. Taylor is a must. Hales, not sure he will stay on he is hot or not bit like Buttler ATM.

Back