• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Great day, kind of makes up a bit for the last test finishing to bloody early (had tickets for Saturday).

11796239_10155913708305475_5807471119631571307_n.jpg

Boring ??? In what way, us pretty much hammering the best team in world cricket and winning the ashes back, no this really isnt boring

I think South Africa are the best team at the moment, will be a good series there this winter.

Personally I like a tighter contest, makes for a better spectacle particularly with a test over 5 days. Different to football as a thrashing only lasts 90 minutes but a 5 day event likely over inside 3 days doesn't really do it for me. The odd one fair enough yes but I tend to remember the closer series more where it's a more even contest between both team (obviously with whatever team I support winning out in the end).

Not that it should matter too much but early finish tests aren't good for revenues either.

To make it interesting, I'm pretending this is England's second innings.

If we can keep the chase below 300, we might just snag this from the clutches of defeat.

3 quick wickets this morning, England still 270+ in front though with Stokes & Ali at the crease

Starc has bowled some superb wicket taking deliveries in this innings

8 down now, bit of a mini collapse this morning, from being where they were England would've wanted 300 minimum lead really

On the plus side it's still swinging around and our bowlers will enjoy that

3 quick wickets this morning, England still 270+ in front though with Stokes & Ali at the crease

Starc has bowled some superb wicket taking deliveries in this innings
Starc's been great but he's got as many wickets as he has because he's the only Aussie competently bowling a ball this week.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I expect the Aussies to post a decent score today, whether that will be enough remains to be seen but given how we collapsed at Lords, nothing is out of the question.

Back