• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Back thread

He is like Jan that's what I liked about him, but he doesn't have Jan's guile, exemplary reading and use of body. He looks quite weak to me and doesn't appear to have an aggressive streak to compensate.
A risk he'll get eaten in this league.
I didn’t see any of that vs United
He dealt with their physicality very well IMO
Sanchez looked to me like he would thrive here in the physical battles… how wrong was i

I think he is brilliant. A very sexy centre back. Plays like jan did IMO

what don’t you like about him?
Looked 'spooked' when playing for Spain in the Euros - managed to get into some clumsy mistakes.
Also looks lightweight. A good footballer but not light.

Ideally we need a left footed player who prefers dropping off to cover as opposed to attacking the ball. Badiashile from Monaco would be my first choice for this position as I've said before but I've seen no links to him, nor any inkling that Monaco want to or would sell him.

Torres would seem to be a very good option though I think. As would Lacroix who we were linked with earlier in the window.

Romagnoli from AC Milan could also be a good potential signing (and being at an Italian club maybe one that Paratici could sort). Didn't have the best of seasons last year but was on Paratici's radar back when he was at Juventus and I think he would likely make a complementary partner for Romero.

Ideally we need a left footed player who prefers dropping off to cover as opposed to attacking the ball. Badiashile from Monaco would be my first choice for this position as I've said before but I've seen no links to him, nor any inkling that Monaco want to or would sell him.

Torres would seem to be a very good option though I think. As would Lacroix who we were linked with earlier in the window.

Romagnoli from AC Milan could also be a good potential signing (and being at an Italian club maybe one that Paratici could sort). Didn't have the best of seasons last year but was on Paratici's radar back when he was at Juventus and I think he would likely make a complementary partner for Romero.
Lacroix on paper looks outstanding but I’ve never seen him play I don’t think
Same with Badiashielle

Which tells me that if he signs he will he off like a smelly chicken at the first chance

Just the sort of player we need to fight in the trenches

Rather old school mentality there, mate... If he gives us 2 years and then buggers off for twice what we paid for him, then I am more than happy. This is pretty much the story for 99% of successful clubs in Europe. They sell, reinvest and move on. Our problem has not been the selling of players... it's the proper use of the windfalls they generated as a result of pathetic and abysmal player recruitment.

Thank GHod we didnt get Ben White.

I didnt realise how crap he was in the air. He looks bigger than he is - he's 6 foot, but benefited from Dunk next to him last season mopping up long balls

£50m on White? wow....

Thank GHod we didnt get Ben White.

I didnt realise how crap he was in the air. He looks bigger than he is - he's 6 foot, but benefited from Dunk next to him last season mopping up long balls

£50m on White? wow....

I could not believe it when i heard they had paid 50 million for him, decent player but not worth that kind of money.

To be fair to White and Arsenal he's only 23. And Toney will give a lot of PL centre backs a rough time.

By another centre back that isn't commanding physically, not sure that's the best choice for them.

Fresh article in the Daily Melee saying we're talking to Fiorentina about Milenkovic. Fee of about £14m. Also have the complications of third parties to sort out with his sketchy agent. But at that price, should be doable.

Back