• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Back thread

Thought we had a deal agreed with Sevilla which included Sanchez? All gonad*s then?

I think we were pretty far down the road (working out details re swap with Sanchez) then Chelsea jumped in with their usual brick (they can pay more), then backpedalled because their money was coming from offloading Zouma (who apparently doesn't want to be punted).

I suspect we have most of the details done, Sevilla is interested in Sanchez, Kounde is the one who is waiting to see if another CL club comes in before committing to us.

The player reportedly said he wanted CL football and would only consider us if a move elsewhere offering that didn't materialise

Which tells me that if he signs he will he off like a smelly chicken at the first chance
Not if we are in CL it doesn’t. If we are still languishing around here, our lowest point for 10 years or so, then fair enough he’ll jump ship at the first opportunity, but if we get back to where we’ve been in those previous 10 years he’d stick around.

Not if we are in CL it doesn’t. If we are still languishing around here, our lowest point for 10 years or so, then fair enough he’ll jump ship at the first opportunity, but if we get back to where we’ve been in those previous 10 years he’d stick around.

Just the sort of player we need to fight in the trenches

Just the sort of player we need to fight in the trenches
Yep we need more of our own like Kane !

most players we sign don’t give a F@@k who Spurs are, they’ve wanted a better wage / career progression / regular games (delete as appropriate), they’re not here because they love how we signed Ossie and Villa back in the day! Why would/should Kounde want to sign for us over most CL sides?

we’ve fallen slightly off our perch, we need to pick up the better scraps where ever they become available, but we can’t expect to have the good players falling over themselves to sign for us in our present position.

Would be surprised if we can afford Torres, unless a certain CF is on his way out

Though as I've said many times, getting £150m for Kane and signing 2 CFs and a CB say who are young and improving is a win for us I think

Torres (£40m?), Vlahovic (£45m) and RW or CF and we'd be laughing

Would be surprised if we can afford Torres, unless a certain CF is on his way out

Though as I've said many times, getting £150m for Kane and signing 2 CFs and a CB say who are young and improving is a win for us I think

Torres (£40m?), Vlahovic (£45m) and RW or CF and we'd be laughing
I liked him, now having watched quite a bit of him, I don't like him.

I think he is brilliant. A very sexy centre back. Plays like jan did IMO

what don’t you like about him?
He is like Jan that's what I liked about him, but he doesn't have Jan's guile, exemplary reading and use of body. He looks quite weak to me and doesn't appear to have an aggressive streak to compensate.
A risk he'll get eaten in this league.

Back