• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Back thread

I’m only going on my knowledge of him from Football Manager, but this seems like a no-brainer:

Milenkovic and Romero in, Sanchez and Dier out

I've only seen videos of him but he's looked kind of clumsy to me. Regardless, Romero replaces Toby so Milenkovic surely replaces one of Dier or Sanchez, and one stays? Unless you think that Tanganga or Davies are a CB, or if the Japanese lad plays CB sometimes (but that might be a problem is Aurier leaves, and Tanganga is loaned out)

All that said, a large portion of this summer is about making the numbers work so if Milenkovic is available for €20m, we'd prsumably make a profit whether we sold Dier or Sanchez, and he cant be worse than either of them

I've only seen videos of him but he's looked kind of clumsy to me. Regardless, Romero replaces Toby so Milenkovic surely replaces one of Dier or Sanchez, and one stays? Unless you think that Tanganga or Davies are a CB, or if the Japanese lad plays CB sometimes (but that might be a problem is Aurier leaves, and Tanganga is loaned out)

All that said, a large portion of this summer is about making the numbers work so if Milenkovic is available for €20m, we'd prsumably make a profit whether we sold Dier or Sanchez, and he cant be worse than either of them
He is still a bit raw, nowhere near the finished article but has the potential to end up being very good indeed. Well worth that sort of money and some of the stories out there are saying 5m less than that. He is another front foot defender like Romero though so they wouldn't necessarily make the best partnership. A right/left foot combo with the left footed player being one that tends to drop off would be best (Badashile from Monaco would be perfect though I know there's been no links to him).

So seems all the South American journos are saying a deal is agreed for Romero (50+5) and the Italians are all saying he is going to tell the manager to get the deal done and it's not agreed yet (they want 55 guaranteed).

Sanchez's agent has said there have been talks with Sevilla, at an early stage, we need Chelsea to sign Kounde with no PX so they end up coming to us for Sanchez.

He is still a bit raw, nowhere near the finished article but has the potential to end up being very good indeed. Well worth that sort of money and some of the stories out there are saying 5m less than that. He is another front foot defender like Romero though so they wouldn't necessarily make the best partnership. A right/left foot combo with the left footed player being one that tends to drop off would be best (Badashile from Monaco would be perfect though I know there's been no links to him).
For 2 CBS having ones who have played overseas before and I assume can both speak Italian will help

Its a creative thought, and maybe signing Coady is what is enabling us to push the boat out on Romero? Or will enable us to buy another CB at a higher price?

Coady ticks a lot of boxes - PL experience, leader, HG player, knows the manager....Romero, Coady, [new CB] and Rodon could work well as CB options
He is a decent player
Good with the ball and solid without it

One of the most consistent CB's in the PL for the past 3 seasons
I think it would be an excellent signing if we got him in
Rather him than Dier/Sanchez or even Davies

SIgning him, and selling Dier / Sanchez would likely net a profit too

Is he not better in a back 3 vs a back 2? But getting him for a decent fee would allow us to budget for Romero also getting in a HG player, lower wages, PL experience. No brainer for me, he could just be a stepping stone to help transition Romero, Tanganga, Rodon etc.
He has played really well in a 3
I’m sure he played really well in a 2

Back