• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The case for the defence

How long ago does it have to have been for people to not get upset by it? Where’s the cut off point?

They’re (apparently, like everything these days) moving away from teaching American kids about the atrocities committed against the native Americans and also how the country was built off the back of slavery, in case it makes the white kids feel uncomfortable GHod forbid.

To keep the thread on track i’d like to say that Ben Davies has been quietly crushing it for a while now, unsung hero.

To be honest as long as things are wrong due to the past its still relavent ... for example the British history museum has hoarded lots of artifacts and have been requested to be sent back to their native countries but we just turn a nose up at it, yet prosecute war criminals that had stolen bounty from WW2.

At the very least an apology wouldn't go amiss, but when a country apologises for previous rather than just to acknowledge the wrong doings it opens up court cases and compensation.

For example Brits teach the world that they left India in a greater place than they found it ... just watch Sashi Taroors rebuttle about the actuality.

But of course this generation of people who were not directly involved shouldn't be persecuted for their forefathers but an apology and an acknowledgement wouldn't be so bad.

Because history can be relevant to the situation and conditions of today. In football terms, Liverpool are a powerhouse because of the work the did in the late 60s through the 70s and until the 80s. They had fallen away from being a truly competitive notion in the 90s and 00s yet could still attract a good level of player. That's all down to their storied history. So yes history matters whether we are talking about in football or general society.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Were you born in britain? If so, do you feel responsible for colonialism?

Were you born in britain? If so, do you feel responsible for colonialism?
I was indeed born in Britain and that is a result of Britain's colonialism in Africa. So for me the topic is very relevant.

I was indeed born in Britain and that is a result of Britain's colonialism in Africa. So for me the topic is very relevant.

I am first generation english/british. My grandfather spent 9 years in a belfast prison for turning southern ireland into a republic.

So are you british and should you be held to account for what happened decades before you were born. That was nothing to do with you?

I'm british, i was born here, raised here. I never conquered anyone, or had anything to do with slavery. The same for millions of others here. Should those who arrived or descended from those who arrived on the windrush? The eastern europeans, the pakistanis and indians? Are they not british?

Who are we angry with? Nobody forced your parents to come here. They obviously liked it here or they wouldn't have stayed.

I imagine Conte right now at Home in bed not being able to settle. His wife asking him if it was that bad.

Barely able to compose himself he starts crying and gets out of bed and sits in the corner knees to the chest rocking backwards and forwards.
As his wife says ‘why didn’t you make sure to tell your players not to let Ward-Prowse get uncontested crosses in?’

How long ago does it have to have been for people to not get upset by it? Where’s the cut off point?

They’re (apparently, like everything these days) moving away from teaching American kids about the atrocities committed against the native Americans and also how the country was built off the back of slavery, in case it makes the white kids feel uncomfortable GHod forbid.

To keep the thread on track i’d like to say that Ben Davies has been quietly crushing it for a while now, unsung hero.

You’re referring to critical race theory I assume? If you ask anyone on the far left what it is, it’s just teaching school kids about America’s chequered past. Ask anyone else such as moderate democrats and conservatives, it’s teaching very young children that there are two camps and white kids are oppressors. I think it’s fair to say America still has a lot of work to do regarding race even though things are better than they were 50 years ago, hell even 20 years ago and there should be remedial means. Sign of the times we live in. The far left love CRT, everyone else seems to have a problem with it. Perhaps a discussion for another thread.

As his wife says ‘why didn’t you make sure to tell your players not to let Ward-Prowse get uncontested crosses in?’

That's the thing. If you had to pick just one player from Southampton to keep in your sights the whole game, Ward-Prowse would be the one. Yet we had two carbon copy goals minutes apart. To paraphrase - to allow one might be misfortune, to allow two is (at its politest) carelessness.

We could and probably should have avoided all three Soton goals tonight, or at least defended considerably better for all of them.
2 top CBs needed în the summer. Only problem is that we need UCL qualy to get them and plenty of £. Best case scenario:
Bastoni(22yo) De Ligt(22) Romero(23) and you have the best defence în the world for the next 10 years.

2 top CBs needed în the summer. Only problem is that we need UCL qualy to get them and plenty of £. Best case scenario:
Bastoni(22yo) De Ligt(22) Romero(23) and you have the best defence în the world for the next 10 years.

Both clubs have refinanced. Can't see it.

I am first generation english/british. My grandfather spent 9 years in a belfast prison for turning southern ireland into a republic.

So are you british and should you be held to account for what happened decades before you were born. That was nothing to do with you?

I'm british, i was born here, raised here. I never conquered anyone, or had anything to do with slavery. The same for millions of others here. Should those who arrived or descended from those who arrived on the windrush? The eastern europeans, the pakistanis and indians? Are they not british?

Who are we angry with? Nobody forced your parents to come here. They obviously liked it here or they wouldn't have stayed.
This isn't the right thread for this conversation. I'm more than happy to discuss through PM if you're interested, or of their a relevant thread where it makes more sense.

Both clubs have refinanced. Can't see it.
Inter still needs money for sure, but they dont sell cheap and we need to act fast as they probably wont let to many players go. With Juve our only chance is if they think they can do better with the money. Should have went for De Ligt instead of Kulu and Bentancur, Vlahovic signing made a whole în their pocket which we filled.

You can have any defenders you want, stand of a team in the middle of the park and you get roasted.
Add in a player like ward prowse who can land a ball on a sixpence and you are fudged.
Were we to scared to tackle him in case we conceded free kicks?

You can have any defenders you want, stand of a team in the middle of the park and you get roasted.
Add in a player like ward prowse who can land a ball on a sixpence and you are fudged.
Were we to scared to tackle him in case we conceded free kicks?
Think you said it in another thread
We had Bentacur play well for 10 minutes then they bypassed him. When they went out to prowse he was left with so much time

Inter still needs money for sure, but they dont sell cheap and we need to act fast as they probably wont let to many players go. With Juve our only chance is if they think they can do better with the money. Should have went for De Ligt instead of Kulu and Bentancur, Vlahovic signing made a whole în their pocket which we filled.

They just got €415m.

Think you said it in another thread
We had Bentacur play well for 10 minutes then they bypassed him. When they went out to prowse he was left with so much time

Surely somebody in our team could see that and adjust for it? Is there on field generals in our side?
I really hoped romero would be an organiser.
And it's been like this since poch.

Back