• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The case for the defence

Conte and paratici know the players far better than you or i do. They both wanted them.

Kulu we haven't bought, he's on loan. Bentancur has 3 serie a titles. Sarri when asked if he was important said no he's not important, he's essential.

Maybe give them a chance before deciding they're brick. You are meant to be a supporter after all.
Nah their brick

Not trying to juggle anything. Concerning the salaries they were googled and checked from 2 sources. They might be right or not.
As for the transfer fee, I think we signed the 2 players thinking they will be in our long term plans, especially as they are young. You sign them with the idea they will be successful transfers, don't you? IF so they would cost us and provide Juve 59m. If what many sources say is true, then over the next 5 years, Juve would gain from that salary difference(Bet + Kulu VS Vlah) 20m. So total Juve gain would be 79m. If Vlahovic cost 63m, like many sources say and his agent cost is 14m( like you say) then the overall Juve loss on Vlah is 77m.
So 79-77=2mil plus for Juve if Kulu stays here and Bentancur reaches his bonuses. All in all even if this calculation isn't correct, its not far off. So in the best case scenario for us, where both our Juve players confirm as good signings, we paid for the Vlahovic to Juve transfer.
WTF is the problem if both turn out to be good signings? You do go out on a limb to whine about anything.

And on the salaries, Vlahovics will be net (Italians use net), Kulu and Bentancur will be gross.

Conte and paratici know the players far better than you or i do. They both wanted them.

Kulu we haven't bought, he's on loan. Bentancur has 3 serie a titles. Sarri when asked if he was important said no he's not important, he's essential.

Maybe give them a chance before deciding they're brick. You are meant to be a supporter after all.
Since they signed I will support them and hope for the best. Please remember they were panic LAST DAY buys, especially Kulu. Its because we haven't signed Diaz that we looked at him. Him being a loan just adds to that. Inter fans laughing at us for buying Juve's reserves, Juve fans too. Paratici was never a mastermind there, he was poor, made Juventus a mid table team from a 10year dominance. The MAN there was Marotta, you can check out any forum you like. Juve again dumping on us. Only top notch personnel we signed is Conte, that's it.

Last edited:
Since they signed I will support them and hope for the best. Please remember they were panic LAST DAY buys, especially Kulu. Its because we haven't signed Diaz that we looked at him. Him being a loan just adds to that. Inter fans laughing at us for buying Juve's reserves, Juve fans too. Paratici was never a mastermind there, he was poor, made Juventus a mid table team from a 10year dominance. The MAN there was Marotta, you can check out any forum you like. Juve again dumping on us. Only top notch personnel we signed is Conte, that's it.
We we linked with kulu long before Diaz
And Juve fans (I know plenty) are as mental as Liverpool fans

We we linked with kulu long before Diaz
And Juve fans (I know plenty) are as mental as Liverpool fans
It doesn't matter what link you think we had. The first offer we made was towards Diaz. Only time we made an offer for Kulusevski was when Diaz refused us for Liverpool and we panicked. Paratici was facing a no transfer window, went and talked with Juventus which were more than happy to offload some of their reserves. They are in a similar situation as us, bought players that flopped(some of them his doing). The only difference is that we can only loan our flops, while they sell theirs at a premium.

It doesn't matter what link you think we had. The first offer we made was towards Diaz. Only time we made an offer for Kulusevski was when Diaz refused us for Liverpool and we panicked. Paratici was facing a no transfer window, went and talked with Juventus which were more than happy to offload some of their reserves. They are in a similar situation as us, bought players that flopped(some of them his doing). The only difference is that we can only loan our flops, while they sell theirs at a premium.

Well conte tried to sign kulu for inter. But he went to juve instead.

Both of them like him.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/05/27/...bout-contes-inter-thats-why-i-chose-juventus/

We don’t know when we made an offer for Kulu
We do know when we signed him
Unless your his agent or work for the club?

We don’t know when we made an offer for Kulu
We do know when we signed him
Unless your his agent or work for the club?
Actually we do. All our efforts were în Portugal, they agreed on a fee for Diaz as RW. FabrizioRomano and plenty of portuguese media where all over this. After we lost, we turned towards Juve. Romano knows better than you and me.

Well conte tried to sign kulu for inter. But he went to juve instead.

Both of them like him.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/05/27/...bout-contes-inter-thats-why-i-chose-juventus/
Look that's like saying teams in Italy were fighting over Balotelli some time ago. Kulu went to a top team, flopped and now nobody else wanted him. Inter wouldn't go near him after that. Praised the Lord they weren't the ones stuck with him and went after the likes of Calhanoglu. Better player and free of charge. Juventus got Ku, flopped and then wanted to dump him. Just like we are doing with Ndombele, and some poor suckers out there might snatch him.

Actually we do. All our efforts were în Portugal, they agreed on a fee for Diaz as RW. FabrizioRomano and plenty of portuguese media where all over this. After we lost, we turned towards Juve. Romano knows better than you and me.
Romano knows fudge all
He is about as much an expert as Del Boy was a businessman
He reports second hand news as his own

You have a very strange idea of how to support a player. Going on message boards and trying to convince people they are brick. What is wrong with you? Has the club hurt you so much that now you are in a love/hate relationship with it? Have a little cry it might help.

Get over it. The manager and dof wanted those players. Whoever you wanted to buy nobody gives a fudge.
I know your intentions are good but surely you can see that Juve didn't let those players go because they were first 11. Paratici and others turned Juventus into a just top half team after Marotta left, and we bought their reserves. He recently signed Arthur for £64m FFS.
As for Conte wanting the two in the last 2 days of the transfer window, of course he did. We have nobody at RW, Moura which came off the bench in recent years is the only player we had, he was the be all and ended all at RW this year. As for the CM, Winks was starting for us on a regular basis, a guy that wouldn't make the first 11 at the bottom PL team. Conte would have literally taken anybody. When he says we are far behind top teams, this is the kind of shet he is talking about. When he talks about past transfer mistakes, he doesn't only talk about previous years. He talks all of Paratici's dumb and overpriced transfers except Romero, which Conte specifically asked to be permanent for 50m.
Stop defending sub par players. If Kane, Son, Lloris, Reguilon and Romero were not part of the team, we would be in relegation territory. The gulf and class between our top players and the others have made embarrassing defeats such as 3-0 at Zagreb and the loss to Mura possible.

Last edited:
I know your intentions are good but surely you can see that Juve didn't let those players go because they were first 11. Paratici and others turned Juventus into a just top half team after Marotta left, and we bought their reserves. He recently signed Arthur for £64m FFS.
As for Conte wanting the two in the last 2 days of the transfer window, of course he did. We have nobody at RW, Moura which came off the bench in recent years is the only player we had, he was the be all and ended all at RW this year. As for the CM, Winks was starting for us on a regular basis, a guy that wouldn't make the first 11 at the bottom PL team. Conte would have literally taking anybody. When he says we are far behind top teams, this is the kind of shet he is talking about. When he talks about past transfer mistakes, he doesn't only talk about previous years. He talks all of Paratici's dumb and overpriced transfers except Romero, which Conte specifically asked to be permanent for 50m.
Stop defending sub par players. If Kane, Son, Lloris, Reguilon and Romero were not part of the team, we would be in relegation territory. The gulf and class between our top players and the others have made embarrassing defeats such as 3-0 at Zagreb and the loss to Mura possible.
Reggie is not top class
We had to buy Romero… it wasn’t contes choice it was a contractual requirement
Bentacur has played in 19 league games this season… they had only played 21 before he left

As for Conte wanting the two in the last 2 days of the transfer window, of course he did. We have nobody at RW, Moura which came off the bench in recent years is the only player we had, he was the be all and ended all at RW this year. As for the CM, Winks was starting for us on a regular basis, a guy that wouldn't make the first 11 at the bottom PL team. Conte would have literally taken anybody. When he says we are far behind top teams, this is the kind of shet he is talking about. When he talks about past transfer mistakes, he doesn't only talk about previous years. He talks all of Paratici's dumb and overpriced transfers except Romero, which Conte specifically asked to be permanent for 50m.

We were linked with Kulusevski fairly early in the window iirc. Paratici is well known for working on several deals at the same time. If those targets are presented to Conte on the final day, take it or leave it that's a problem. I see no reason to think Kulusevski and Bentancur weren't discussed and cleared by Conte way before that.

Finding players that aren't first choice because they're not a great fit at another (big) team is a viable part of a transfer strategy and can be very fruitful. If you don't rate Bentancur and Kulusevski, fair enough. Let's see how they do over time would be my approach.

If you don't want people to defend players other than the one's you see as good enough good luck with that. To me that lacks nuance at the very best.

The Welsh invaded EVERYONE. Henry Tudor was Welsh; born at Pembroke Castle, descended from the Tudors of Anglesey.

That's the least of it. The stuff they get up to with sheep is bang out of order. From a forum of seemingly devoted cat lovers you would think people would extend that concern for animals to all animals.

We were linked with Kulusevski fairly early in the window iirc. Paratici is well known for working on several deals at the same time. If those targets are presented to Conte on the final day, take it or leave it that's a problem. I see no reason to think Kulusevski and Bentancur weren't discussed and cleared by Conte way before that.

Finding players that aren't first choice because they're not a great fit at another (big) team is a viable part of a transfer strategy and can be very fruitful. If you don't rate Bentancur and Kulusevski, fair enough. Let's see how they do over time would be my approach.

If you don't want people to defend players other than the one's you see as good enough good luck with that. To me that lacks nuance at the very best.
Hes probably not wrong though. Kulu was unlikely to be the first choice transfer when Diaz was in the mix. The question is how good an option is the alternative choice? We will find out.

It’s not defending them either, it’s supporting

Obviously every one is entitled to an opinion about our signings. Mine is that they are not an immediate improvement over what we got on those positions right now.
Of course I agree on giving them a chance now that they are signed. The only Silver linning with them is that they are young, have room for improvement and Conte is the perfect coach to help them do just that, improve. Interesting to see who will have patience and who won't.

Obviously every one is entitled to an opinion about our signings. Mine is that they are not an immediate improvement over what we got on those positions right now.
Of course I agree on giving them a chance now that they are signed. The only Silver linning with them is that they are young, have room for improvement and Conte is the perfect coach to help them do just that, improve. Interesting to see who will have patience and who won't.
Whats the evidence for your assessment that they're not an improvement? Genuinely curious how you made up your mind.

Back