• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* The 'Buying a Tablet or Netbook' Thread *

to run with the Aston analogy, why would you buy it if it was only half as powerful as you needed it to be?

Because that;s what was sold/marketed as the "best" at that time?.................The issue here being how many people jumped to get iPad 3 when launched BECAUSE it was the best out there, but would have held back 6 months had they known the spec was about to double?

there is always something better round the corner, thats the nature of the industry

Absolutely.

You just expect the corners to be more than a few weeks, when you've shelled out for the most expensive item in its class, in the world

Anybody that purchased "the new iPad" at full price has been bum raped

It's still a very good machine. Just half as good as the one announced by surprise yesterday

EDIT: I'm sure it has nothing to do with the new lightning bolt connector attached to it :-k

its been 7 months i think, where should the cut off be?

if 12 months is completely totally fine but 7 is bum rape, whats 9 1/2 months?

How critical is CPU speed for the iExperience?

I thought we'd moved beyond the stage where CPU and memory made a big difference to what you can do with a computer, although I don't have a tablet so perhaps they are more limited. It strikes me that doubling the CPU speed should only make a small difference. Surely the new iPad has all the things the older one has but is just a bit faster for most things. You don't want to watch movies twice as fast and a faster processor won't help you read something twice as fast or download something twice as fast.

I thought the claims for the iPad are about the design and ease of use? The new upgrade is only a problem if having the latest top spec is a necessary part of the experience.

I don't feel mugged off. One has to fully expect that this will happen, as said above there is always something new just around the corner.

Personally I don't use it, the misses does, and she ain't doing much ground breaking things on it, but its her thing. Its worth the money to get her off my gaming desktop. Saves on the fricken phone bills too as she is always on the face time with her friends and mum.

I'd imagine its the same for many of the female buyers out there.

Personally I will purchase one when I think the market is starting to peak in terms of what they can do, I just plain will not buy one unless its 4G enabled, I do think your a bit of a mug using it on 3G, its bad enough using the Galaxy SII without another product on 3G.

Uh Oh, Microsoft's Surface Tablet Is Getting Some Awful Reviews

http://www.businessinsider.com/bad-surface-reviews-2012-10

"Would you take a job that pays $1 million a year — cutting football fields with toenail clippers?"

I'd probably consider it.

The Surface is trying to be a high-end iPad-style tablet and laptop replacement. Its not a surprise that the first attempt would fail to be either. Microsoft usually need a few tries to get things right, then they get ****y and try something new unsuccessfully before getting it right after a few attempts. I'll wait for the Surface 3.11.

I don't feel mugged off. One has to fully expect that this will happen, as said above there is always something new just around the corner.

Personally I don't use it, the misses does, and she ain't doing much ground breaking things on it, but its her thing. Its worth the money to get her off my gaming desktop. Saves on the fricken phone bills too as she is always on the face time with her friends and mum.

I'd imagine its the same for many of the female buyers out there.

Personally I will purchase one when I think the market is starting to peak in terms of what they can do, I just plain will not buy one unless its 4G enabled, I do think your a bit of a mug using it on 3G, its bad enough using the Galaxy SII without another product on 3G.

By the time the UK has 4G coverage, there'll be another two "new iPads"

By the time the UK has 4G coverage, there'll be another two "new iPads"

You make my point about this tablet craze somewhat for me.. thanks

Your all fricken mugs.

I bet most people have laptops/Desktops... Iphones/Smart phones too.

Its like getting a new kettle for the TV room, you have one in the kitchen but I have mug on my forehead cos this new kettle can boil in 3 seconds, no really it can :p .

Companies like Dell constantly upgrade their product lines, its incremental. They don't have media events to roll out the new version as a new product in the same way.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old flimflam rant

Like the dock connector when the Samsung one was exposed to have changed in more than 15 times in the same time

:ross:

Considering most of Apple's operating systems consume a fraction of resources compared to some of its 'competitors' I'd say direct hardware comparison on these products is completely off-the mark /

Hugely.....how do you think the screen works without it?

It took Apple a looooong time to be able to play Full HD videos on their devices (iOS 5 I believe, 2011)

Full HD content was around many years before!

Videos and games use up tonnes of processing power when you have gazillions of pixels to light up

Back