• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, what would it have cost to buy that 2002 squad, or the Euro 2004 squad for that matter.

Owen, Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Campell, Cole, Seaman, Mcmanaman, the Neville's. All at the height of their (very successful) careers, most of them won the European cup. They were an embarrassment of riches compared to now.

proper Golden Generation...

Euro 2004 was THE time to win a trophy.

King, Ferdinand, Campbell and Terry were our centre back options no? Jeez.

Then you had Scholes, up and coming Rooney, Owen, Gerrard, Lampard etc.

What are the match timing in Europe, especially UK ? And how are everyone going to watch the matches ? I guess the match timing in Europe is much better than in Asia. Here in Asia, all the matches are coming at 12am, 3am, 4am and 6am which is terrible time to watch when u are working, especially the 6am matches. So how everyone are planning to watch ?

In the UK, the games are screening at 5PM, 8PM & 11PM.

The late kick off might be frustrating for those who are working the next day but otherwise, the times of the fixtures are ideal.

There's a few 9pm games too (I think after the first round it's all 5 and 9), and one 2am next Sunday morning (Japan v someone). Worked out great for us this time around. Difficult if the time zone is against you but similar for us when it's held in the Far East.

I see Gundogans been doing productive things since being out injured..

5394712589680.JPG

Hugo Lloris played 90 mins for France in their 8-0 international friendly win vs Jamaica this evening.

Goals by Benzema (2), Matuidi (2), Griezmann (2), Giroud and Cabaye.

Simon Dawkins, now at Derby, started for Jamaica. His 3rd game for them, scored against Egypt in their last one.

proper Golden Generation...

Euro 2004 was THE time to win a trophy.

King, Ferdinand, Campbell and Terry were our centre back options no? Jeez.

Then you had Scholes, up and coming Rooney, Owen, Gerrard, Lampard etc.

Massive mismanagement to not even get close to winning anything, we barely even put in a performance better than the oppo in those days, such a waste.

The England team were given a tour of a Favela in Brazil today.

"It was so sad to see those people with no hope"...said a resident of the Favela

The England team were given a tour of a Favela in Brazil today.

"It was so sad to see those people with no hope"...said a resident of the Favela

Strangely, all the pundits and the English media are not putting high expectations on England to do well this time. And this might benefit England since they are under less pressure unlike the previous tournaments.

Strangely, all the pundits and the English media are not putting high expectations on England to do well this time. And this might benefit England since they are under less pressure unlike the previous tournaments.

I don't think it was the pressure and domestic exectations that did for them in previous competitions. I think it is the paucity of truely top quality players, the limited management and the nature of the english pub league.

these haven't changed but perhaps the realisation of our limitations have.

It makes a nice change. The only thing I've ever hated about the World Cup is the media bigging us up adamant that we're going to win it only for them to then discuss for a month after the world cup why we had no hope and were never going to win it...

Think we have an outside chance but I'd personally rather we get some of the younger players some world cup experience and build for the future. No Lampard and Gerard pairing please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back