• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is rather embarrassing from England :lol:

You think so? I don't think that warm up games count for much. This is all about playing in humid conditions, the players getting used to each other and the players coming back from injury getting closer to match fitness.

I think that England have played ok in patches. I am more positive about England's prospects that I was a month or so ago.

You think so? I don't think that warm up games count for much. This is all about playing in humid conditions, the players getting used to each other and the players coming back from injury getting closer to match fitness.

I think that England have played ok in patches. I am more positive about England's prospects that I was a month or so ago.

Concur with this. I only hope Woy has the bottle to play to win.

Concur with this. I only hope Woy has the bottle to play to win.

I think that Hodgson is a far better manager than he is often given credit for. He is selected a young and attacking squad, I am sure that he is thinking of using it at some stage. The trick is getting out of the group and if you are not going to steamroller everyone, that can require a more pragmatic approach.

complaints about England unfounded IMO…a lot of factors here, not the least of which is Honduras haven't been shy to tackle and the objective of these games is to get some idea of playing in humidity, not to loose limbs! Johnson remains ****e however...

I think that Hodgson is a far better manager than he is often given credit for. He is selected a young and attacking squad, I am sure that he is thinking of using it at some stage. The trick is getting out of the group and if you are not going to steamroller everyone, that can require a more pragmatic approach.

=D>
Spot on Milo, agree wholeheartedly.

Thanks.

I think that the other thing with Hodgson is that he is am intelligent man. He is well read, he is a student of the game and he has bags of experience.

The problem for him will always be he just isn't 'sexy' or 'chatty' or 'top geezer' enough for some. I agree, he's a very very smart man who has undertaken the job of overhauling (and giving experience to) an increasingly younger set of players.

The problem for him will always be he just isn't 'sexy' or 'chatty' or 'top geezer' enough for some. I agree, he's a very very smart man who has undertaken the job of overhauling (and giving experience to) an increasingly younger set of players.

He reminds me a lot of Robson. People forget now but his time in charge was blighted by constant calls for his head.

complaints about England unfounded IMO…a lot of factors here, not the least of which is Honduras haven't been shy to tackle and the objective of these games is to get some idea of playing in humidity, not to loose limbs! Johnson remains ****e however...

So we've just failed to beat 10 men who lost 4-0 to Israel and you're happy with the result.

We had no cutting edge, no right back and when the subs came on you realise we have no depth in the squad.

If we continue to play like this we'll finish the group with 1 point nd be on the first plane home.

So we've just failed to beat 10 men who lost 4-0 to Israel and you're happy with the result.

We had no cutting edge, no right back and when the subs came on you realise we have no depth in the squad.

If we continue to play like this we'll finish the group with 1 point nd be on the first plane home.

Yes.
I thought it was the pinnacle of international football, as you clearly read from my enthusiastic 'I'm loving this match' comments...

Yet when England inevitably fail it will be because of the Man U players, not because Sturridge is this years Darren Bent, Lallananana, Henderson and Lambert are average plodders, Gerrard is an egotistical glory hunter trying to grab the headline goal and Glen Johnson is Glen Johnson.

Agree on Lallana, if he wasn't English his value would be no more than 10-12 mil max. I am delighted we aren't involved in some silly bidding war for him. Let the dippers take him. Sturridge just had a bad game IMO, Johnson is a tool and I like Gerrard. Henderson? Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back