• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain
Hondurus
Ecuador
England

is what I got.

--

Iran getting caught in Group D which is aptly renamed the Group of Death with Colombia, France and Italy the other three sides.

Is that what will happen to them if they don't qualify out of it?

(Sorry to all our Iranian readers)

Two workers were killed when a crane collapsed while installing the final roof piece at the stadium in Sao Paolo that will host the opening game.

brazil-world-cup-football-stadium-collapse-sao-paulo-itaquerao-corinthians_3042714.jpg

The final pots are:

Pot 1

Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland

Pot 2

Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador

Pot 3

Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras

Pot 4

Bosnia, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Russia, France

Draw is on Friday.

A pre-draw will be held to move one of the nine European teams into Pot 2. That European team will then be drawn against one of the four seeded South American teams to preserve the geographical balance of the draw.

The four South American seeds: Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Argentina will form a temporary Pot X. The three teams not drawn against the European team in Pot 2 will return to the main draw.

I think England will be an embarrassment and probably fail to score, Brazil will be under so much pressure I think they will fail to win it. Chile could be the dark horse and I think Germany will win it.

Really looking forward to the World Cup, nothing better than a summer with a final tournament. Argentina and Germany my favorites. Looking forward to see teams like Belgium, Columbia and Chile.

Back in 2010 me and a few friends went to a festival in Spain, and my mate booked the flights a day earlier than he should have. Turns out the World Cup final was being played on the day we flew out, so got a cheap hotel and watched the final in the square of Tarregona with the locals. Boss night,all the pubs closed as soon as the final whistle went and it was street parties everywhere.

Always said we'd do the same, book a cheap flight to a country in the final, and go watch over there. Hard to guess who will be in the final this time round, though. And it goes without saying a cheap flight limits us to Europe

The ball has a twitter account.

@brazuca

Nothing interesting so far, but a nice opportunity to send hilarious tweets to it.

The final pots are:

Pot 1

Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland

Pot 2

Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador

Pot 3

Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras

Pot 4

Bosnia, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Russia, France

Draw is on Friday.

A pre-draw will be held to move one of the nine European teams into Pot 2. That European team will then be drawn against one of the four seeded South American teams to preserve the geographical balance of the draw.

The four South American seeds: Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Argentina will form a temporary Pot X. The three teams not drawn against the European team in Pot 2 will return to the main draw.

lets have a guess who that might be?? :-k Hot ball with our name on it incoming

Wonder how much pressure there is on the England manager to pick the players that have been used in various ad campaigns and photo shoots?

Wonder how much pressure there is on the England manager to pick the players that have been used in various ad campaigns and photo shoots?
Quite, I hope Ashley Young has got his summer holidays all booked up by now.

On the Beeb the pic of the ball looks like it's covered in dimples:

_71518458_football.jpg

Almost forget about the WC draw. But it seems like a low-key affair compared to the previous Wcs. Before, the media would always inform you about it a few weeks before the draw. But now there is less attention on it, it seems.

why is the entire world obsessing about possible group outcomes and wasting time reporting what "could" happen, give it a couple of hours and you'll know exactly what "has" happened

why is the entire world obsessing about possible group outcomes and wasting time reporting what "could" happen, give it a couple of hours and you'll know exactly what "has" happened

Not sure it's the entire world, mostly just the media and it's simply because they need to write about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back