• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Tottenham fan in the world thread

Its not just about the thread title though, that was just the headline used by the media this morning, there is plenty of ammo Wenger could use in what Defoe said.

The fact is, he didn't need to say it, this of all weeks.

I believe in the philosophy/mindset of how my other favourite team goes about its business during its season, they say nothing at all to entice any sort of reaction from the opposition pre game. They are famed for it, often ridiculed for it by the media because they don't get the meaty story or one liners. Thats how I want our business to be.

Its always, they are a great team, they have a great QB, the Head Coach is hall of fame, they don't make mistakes... the same week in week out.

If you hadn't guessed, I'm sure some of you have the team is the New England Patriots.

I am sure that each player gets a memo from the press department to say what they are ment to say on a weekly basis in pre game interviews.

The franchise and Head Coachs philosophy

I don't want to read about you
I don't want to hear about you
I don't want you to embarrass the Patriots organisation.

Its not just about the thread title though, that was just the headline used by the media this morning, there is plenty of ammo Wenger could use in what Defoe said.

I believe in the philosophy/mindset of how my other favourite team goes about its business during its season, they say nothing at all to entice any sort of reaction from the opposition pre game. They are famed for it, often ridiculed for it by the media because they don't get the meaty story or one liners. Thats how I want our business to be.

Its always, they are a great team, they have a great QB, the Head Coach is hall of fame, they don't make mistakes... the same week in week out.

If you hadn't guessed, I'm sure some of you have the team is the New England Patriots.

I am sure that each player gets a memo from the press department to say what they are ment to say on a weekly basis in pre game interviews.

still don't get it

he said nothing contentious, nothing of substance, he simply sat on the fence, stated the absolute obvious.

who the feck are new England patriots? What is that, baseball or something?

If a team 3rd in the prem shut up shop and didn't put a quote out, the FA would fine them, like they tried to with SAF, when he refused to speak to the BBC.

nah
still don't get it.

WTF - we're still going to dingdong the goons so who cares?

I repeat:

Of course there is probably something in what Defoe said that could be twisted by Wenger into subject material for a motivational speech.

But there will be something that can be twisted in any statement this week by anyone, from either side of the north London divide.

So why single out Defoe?

Besides, I think some people massively overestimate the motivating power even of genuinely dismissive statements. It's not so many years ago that Arsenal and Chelsea players and staff routinely used to belittle Spurs in the lead up to games against us. Yet it never seemed to motivate our players. We were still routinely tacoted by both clubs.

At the moment, Spurs have a better, more confident team than Arsenal. So long as our players are fit, well prepared and in the right frame of mind, we should win - regardless of whether or not Wenger manages to pen a Churchillian speech in indignant response to Defoe's harmless comments.

So why single out Defoe?

Maybe the question should be why do you think I'm am.

As far as I am concerned it could have been any player. So why are you going on about having something against Defoe.

Could understand if you could quote me thread after thread belittling him, or saying bad things about him.

Seems to me people are a tad precious regarding Defoe.

Don't think I have posted since last September until this week.

Is there a hate mob out there and everyone beaten down anyone dare criticize or something.

Several have now mentioned this 'vendetta' now

[video=youtube;CySYwZNH65I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CySYwZNH65I[/video]
Just thought about this song for some reason lol

Defoe's quote contradicted by what he said in the quote on the OOMT:

Spurs striker Jermain Defoe told LBC Radio on Wednesday he was confident Spurs can repeat their 2-1 win over Arsenal at White Hart Lane.
"It's going to be a difficult game but I'm confident, obviously, with the way we're playing," he said. "We've got a really strong squad now and everyone's playing well.
"Everyone's firing and team spirit is fantastic which I think is always important if you want to try to achieve something.
"You can't write Arsenal off. In football it's always the next game, you can change it in the next one. Playing against us, it'll be a different Arsenal from what people have seen over the last few weeks."

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?653-Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Arsenal-OMT/page14

Defoe also said he felt we'd go further then them in the champions league last season..... Where was Wenger's ammunition then?

Maybe the question should be why do you think I'm am.

As far as I am concerned it could have been any player. So why are you going on about having something against Defoe.

Could understand if you could quote me thread after thread belittling him, or saying bad things about him.

Don't think I have posted since last September until this week.

Is there a hate mob out there and everyone beaten down anyone dare criticize or something.

Several have now mentioned this 'vendetta' now

I think its more that some (other) people are so OTT in condemning him, your comments appeared to be yet another unfair assault.
Particularly as most of don't understand why you are viewing the comment in the way that you are.

He's been splitting the board since his return, imv

If he does bad - people say it's those around him and poor service

If he does well - he's a flat-track bully poacher tap-in gnome

Go figure

The moral of the story is never trust a headline

True. What I find rather strange is that 99.9% of the headlines on Newsnow, were along the lines of:
Defoe upbeat about NLD victory
Defoe wary of arsenal threat
Defoes confident of 3pts

etc

I didnt read anything saying "Defoe thinks that its more important if arsenal get 3pts than us"

Well tbf at that time he was chatting out his arse.

Was he?

They may have had a better mentality, and believed in arsenal as a force, and thats what got them through. Now that belief is disapearing, and they sell two players, and go to sh#t.

Wheres their depth?

We had it then, and have built on it, so I guess he had a point.

Ridiculously, (and as obvious as it sounds) but I'd say it's even more vital we DON'T LOSE (which might be what Defoe meant) as ANY points taken off them will at least maintain the 10 point lead... for the first time in a long time, IF we lose, they won't either go above us or power away from us into the distance (like it feels they always seemed to do!)

BUT, the moral-boost it would give us to win there in consecutive seasons could give us the motivation to believe we actually mean business now, rather than a one-off 'we got lucky' result last season... winning there last season was magical, but to do it again is what TITLE WINNING TEAMS need to be able to do regularly...

Blackburn won at OT, but let's face it, that was a complete off-day for Utd and I can't see them going there next season thinking they can repeat the result (most probably 'cos they might not even be in the same division!)

If we could cherry-pick our upcoming results against ArseAnal, Man Utd and Chelsea, but were only allowed to win one, lose one and draw one, then of course you'd want to win at the Emirates, but if we don't, then a draw is still pretty damaging for them, and if we're going all out to try and catch Utd, then THAT game takes on massive importance!

remember when (for a few years at least) ArseAnal's fans tried to convince themselves that we were no longer their rivals/biggest threat, but Man Utd were... well I've kinda go an inkling to what they meant... it wasn't to say the NLD had any less passion, or desire to win, but in the practical world of 'gaining points' then a win against Utd would do their season much more good than a win against us, who wouldn't be able to catch them even if we did beat them... I don't think we're quite there yet, but let's remember, at this moment, we're as far from top as they are from us...

Now I don't for one minute think we'll claw back 10 points on Emirates Marketing Project... and by that reckoning, ArseAnal have a very similar task (albeit against us, who are perfectly capable of tossing away such a lead if we REALLY put our minds to it!!!) But you get my drift...

"If you look at the two squads, you look at us and think, 'We're definitely on a par,' but that will only be judged at the end of the season," Keane said ahead of Saturday's north London derby. "If you look at the last four or five years, for some reason Arsenal always got ahead of us slightly, but if you look now, it's certainly even. And if you look at the squads, the bench that we have is probably a little bit stronger than their bench."

The rival clubs go into the derby at the Emirates Stadium level on 19 points, albeit with Tottenham having played one game more. In the last two seasons, Arsenal finished 21 and 37 points clear of Spurs, who were undermined by managerial instability during both campaigns.

In the two before that, Arsenal finished only eight and two points ahead, the latter, in 2005-06, coming after what Keane referred to with a wry smile as "that lasagne scenario". Tottenham had initially blamed the meal before their final match against West Ham United after 10 of their players were laid low with food poisoning. The lasagne was cleared of blame, but they lost at Upton Park and Arsenal beat Wigan Athletic at home to climb above them.

"We have to believe now that we are as good as the teams that are up there," Keane said. "The mentality around here, and I don't think this is the players but I'm just saying that the feel of the club, was that they'd be happy to get fifth or seventh, make the Uefa Cup. But I think there's a different feeling now. The feeling is that we want to get into the Champions League. Certainly the players have that feeling."

Dont see a problem with that. Since then, we have lost ONE PL game against them, beaten them THREE times, and drawn once. Like I said, I guess he had a point.

"
In the two before that, Arsenal finished only eight and two points ahead, the latter, in 2005-06, coming after what Keane referred to with a wry smile as "that lasagne scenario". Tottenham had initially blamed the meal before their final match against West Ham United after 10 of their players were laid low with food poisoning. The lasagne was cleared of blame, but they lost at Upton Park and Arsenal beat Wigan Athletic at home to climb above them.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!! :x

Spurs
Heurelho Gomes
Gareth Bale
Younes Kaboul
David Bentley
Tom Huddlestone
Aaron Lennon
Jermaine Jenas
Roman Pavlyuchenko
Wilson Palacios
Jimmy Walker
Luka Modrić
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Eidur Gudjohnsen (on loan from Monaco)
S?®bastien Bassong
Michael Dawson (Captain)
Niko Kranjčar
Vedran Ćorluka
Carlo Cudicini
Danny Rose
Ledley King (Club-Captain)
Ben Alnwick
Kyle Walker
Dorian Dervite
Beno?«t Assou-Ekotto
Jonathan Woodgate

arse
Almunia
Sagna
Gallas
Vermaelen
Clichy
Song
F?ábregas
Diaby
Nasri
Arshavin
Bendtner
Ebou?®
Rosick?¢
Eduardo
Walcott
Ramsey
Den?¡lson
van Persie
Silvestre
Vela
Traor?®
Fabiański
Mannone
M?®rida
Gibbs
Wheelchair
Senderos
Szczęsny
Djourou

Honestly dont see why Keane was mocked so much, other than they were arsenal, and we were Spurs. Too many people were living in 2002. Glad our players saw it for how it was though.

Last edited:
I like to back up my points Mick, rather than shoot my gob off, without substance.

Probably get accused of starting trouble soon though, and harping on about it... you know the drill ;)

Still awaiting a response as to why Keane was "chatting out of his arse" :-"

Last edited:
can't say I'm surprised, seeing as you are - as we all know

the second best Spurs supporter ever - after me!

always in my shadow

soon be St Totmaninghams day, the pain will be over for another year

:lol:

Your problem is that you deal with things directly with the person you wish to debate or discuss with. You should be more devious

I'm just off to report you

(muahahahaha)
:-"

Back