• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Tottenham fan in the world thread

Seriously?

Considering the relative youth of Bale, Kaboul, Walker and Rose, our squad definitely wasn't as good as theirs at the time (I could have sworn that Walker joined the year after that anyway and Gudjohnsen wasn't part of the squad when Keane made that statement). Also bear in mind that back then Arshavin actually looked like he gave a brick and on that sort of form was one of the best players in the country. And nobody in our squad came close to Fabregas or Van Persie.

They finished above us that year, scoring more goals and conceding less goals than us. The same with the year before and the same with the year after which proves it wasn't a one off. There was no reason to believe our squad was as good as theirs at the time.

On the money

They had much better players than us that season, especially at the time of the quote (early in the season) before the likes of Bale really emerged.

Fabregas was (and still is) a near world class player and Arshavin was still on good form. We were never in contention for 3rd either but battled it out with a still-gelling-in lotto winners team

Both City and United will push on the summer, we might be losing our manager.
United will at least attempt to sort their midfield problems.
And City will continue to spend.

Loads of ifs and buts in that.

Just as easy to say that Spurs will push on next season. Maybe Harry will stay. Maybe he will leave but Mourinho will take over. Maybe we'll sign some outstanding players and be even better - only this time, from the first game of the season rather than three games in.

Maybe Utd will fail to buy the right players. Maybe City will rein in their spending further as the need to comply with FFP becomes ever more pressing.

Point is, while it's fair enough to question whether this Spurs squad will ever have another chance to win the title, it's just a bit silly, imo, to state categorically that they will never get another chance.

all squads evolve, some for the better, some for worse. as Jim says, who's to say ours won't become better and be more competitive?

all squads evolve, some for the better, some for worse. as Jim says, who's to say ours won't become better and be more competitive?

Maybe we will. But with Redknapp possibly going and having the added pressure of competing in the Champion's League next season its hard not to think that this season was an massive opportunity that mightn't come up again.

Maybe we will. But with Redknapp possibly going and having the added pressure of competing in the Champion's League next season its hard not to think that this season was an massive opportunity that mightn't come up again.

Says the man slagging off Defoe for his lack of ambition

we're going to win the double, whats your problem?
:lol:

:ross:

I mean, who said that? Or, did someone say something?

Damn, wish someone would fix the "Friend or Foe" button.....I really really wish I couldnt see certain posts, so I wouldnt be forced to respond to them through someone else because I asked that person not to reply to me ever again.

What am I saying? I dont even read the posts of that person who doesnt exist to me....do I?

Heeeeelp Meeeeeeeeee. I think Im trapped.

Can we not go back to the days of directly slagging off each other? I'm having trouble keeping up with who hates who now.

As for these comments, I wish Defoe didn't make the comments but that is because I don't want any of our players to make any comments before the game. Some of the comments regarding Defoe on here are frankly baffling.

Can we not go back to the days of directly slagging off each other? I'm having trouble keeping up with who hates who now.

Essentially, everyone who has previously been to DHSF's special interest late evening parties but hasn't been invited to the most recent one is upset with him.

Essentially, everyone who has previously been to DHSF's special interest late evening parties but hasn't been invited to the most recent one is upset with him.

not to mention everyone hates Hootnow, pretty much as a matter of course.

But he won't know, because I didn't answer his post..........

I feel like some cheeky bugger has just insulted me. Can't be too sure though...:-"

And I used comment four times in that very short post. May be time to go to bed soon.

This one still going ? I'm not even going to read the last 3 pages if it is as pathetic as the first 3.

For anyone still going on about it, it was just Defoes way of saying "Arsenal are having a brick season while we aint doing too badly". Thats it.

I know there are the threads where we all like to jump on a player/person and pretend we are super fans who love the club and due to our in depth knowledge of the game we understand the rules of what should and shouldnt be done... but this was never going to be one of those threads. Almost as tedious as the "oh know its outrageous that harry has spoken about another clubs player" threads.

Nice thread title change. Thank you very much for dedicating a thread all to me.

Personally Id have gone with "The I Got Shot Down But Cant Admit It Thread", but lets not not-pick

I do not know who the Best Tottenham Fan in the world is...

But over at Arsenal that title has clearly been won already...

[video=youtube;lXAZJ28s1rU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAZJ28s1rU[/video]

WARNING: PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO GO BLIND, LOOK AWAY NOW

I do not know who the Best Tottenham Fan in the world is...

But over at Arsenal that title has clearly been won already...

[video=youtube;lXAZJ28s1rU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAZJ28s1rU[/video]

WARNING: PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO GO BLIND, LOOK AWAY NOW

he reminds me of jack Wheelchair, which makes him even easier to hate.

is one of the lines really: 'don't know why, singing!' ..

don't know why? beause you clearly never really sing, you fudging suck.. eat a dingdong you gooner prick.

what's arsenal anyway?

makes me sick. i vomited.

Back