• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Tottenham fan in the world thread

Not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest - they do need the win more as if they don't make fourth this season the ramifications will be huge.

Last edited:
totman, you need to reign in your hostility somewhat. Thankyou.

I used what nearly everyone else sees in the media, the headline that was all over newsnow. The one that the majority of people will only look at.

So yes in the context of the chosen headline used by the media and across the majority of platforms, I'd rather like has been said.. Defoe said nothing at all.

I didn't come up with that line, I took it from how the media saw it and therefore how the majority of people will see it, and that is without reading the article.

How Defoe ment it be said is neither here or there as far as I am concerned, just how most will see it.

Edit. Yes I did read the article prior to starting the thread.
The headline is what people will see... so we should ignore the content and berate Defoe for the out of context quote in said headline?

The attitude of some on here towards Defoe baffles me and always does. But then this board always needs a spacegoat to slag off, seems Defoe is that fall guy these days

Your coming across as someone thats looking to argue than discuss.

Your coming across as someone who deliberately started a thread slating Defoe with a misleading quote, despite claiming to have read the article. Whats to discuss?

I posted the article and quotes in full, and the things you are berating him for (like apparently saying that "3pts for arsenal are more important than 3pts for us"), he didnt say.

Nothing to discuss whatsoever.

Well strange that is because I like Defoe, great player on his day. Never once slagged off his playing abilities.

Keane on the other hand.

Your coming across as someone who deliberately started a thread slating Defoe with a misleading quote, despite claiming to have read the article. Whats to discuss?

I posted the article and quotes in full, and the things you are berating him for (like apparently saying that "3pts for arsenal are more important than 3pts for us"), he didnt say.

Nothing to discuss whatsoever.

Cool. Thats just fine and dandy then.

Well strange that is because I like Defoe, great player on his day. Never once slagged off his playing abilities.

Keane on the other hand.

It's more the people that come out with crap like this that I'm referring to

Defoe is displaying his usual lack of fight and will to win.
I'm glad we don't have to rely on him and have players who want to win at any cost like VDV and Parker.

And by posting an out of context headline, it has fed their delusions.

The moral of the story is never trust a headline

This is a huge game for us whether we're still in the title race or not.

If we were to spank them like everyone expects (though not what's likely to happen), that could be the final nail in their coffin. Van Persie will want out, what's left of their team spirit will fall to pieces and our players will gain the psychological edge over theirs. We have the chance to end Arsenal and cement our own place as one of the top teams in the country. It will go a long way to proving that we are a genuine force at the top of the table if we can back up our good form this season with away wins against some of the bigger teams - we've been beaten by City and United and only managed to draw against Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

It's more the people that come out with crap like this that I'm referring to

And by posting an out of context headline, it has fed their delusions.

The moral of the story is never trust a headline

Very true, but lets hope that mocking headline isn't in Wengers team speech come Sunday.

Unknown - this is the second thread recently where you have pitched into me, once when you were totally wrong about something I have said, and now when I have the decency to answer your recent dig at me - you didn't even boither to respond

If there is something you want to say to me, then PM me and say it. I'm happy to try to resolve whatever issues you may believe exist. If its something I have done or said, I'll need to understand what it is.

Very true, but lets hope that mocking headline isn't in Wengers team speech come Sunday.

If it is, then it won't be Defoe's fault.

I'm sure that Harry could easily pick out any number of reasonable and innocent quotes from the Arsenal camp over the past week (or the next few days) and twist them into some kind of a motivational tool.

Your coming across as someone thats looking to argue than discuss.

To be fair, there should be more hostility considering the comments are slating our own player for no reason.

Defoe has done nothing wrong, there will be nothing to pin on the dressing room door. He has stated the obvious. We lose, we are still on course for our target. They lose, they are getting further behind the top 4. Its common sense stating the obvious.

If Wenger needs this as motivation, then he is seriously clutching at straws. Maybe he should pin the league table up.

We're supposed to be going for the title.
And one of our players reckons the NLD "means more to Arsenal than us obviously because of the way things have gone for them this season"
So while players like VDV and Bale are trying to win every game fighting to the last, Defoe seems to think the NLD isn't important as we have his goal of 4th place wrapped up. His goal for the week is his FHM photoshoot and appearing on Soccer AM.

And one of our players reckons the NLD "means more to Arsenal than us obviously because of the way things have gone for them this season"
So while players like VDV and Bale are trying to win every game fighting to the last, Defoe seems to think the NLD isn't important as we have his goal of 4th place wrapped up. His goal for the week is his FHM photoshoot and appearing on Soccer AM.

A successful season for us is a top 4 finish. We have ended up in the title race, but no one expects us to win it. Everyone expects Arsenal to be top 4.

Why do you keep mentioning VDV ? He is not someone I will ever put as a winner (in the same way Roy Keane wanted to win at all costs). VDV is a brilliant footballer, but he isnt someone who goes all out to win you games and never stops running. Infact he stops playing at about 70 minutes.

Wow.

what is your problem here?

You have taken an absolute nothing statement and twisted into yet another excuse to have a pop at Defoe, for something he didn't say, but your own obscure vision of what he might have meant, despite evidence to the contrary. You then hammer the nails into his coffin by quoting the last couple of people to score against the goons, holding them up as a beacon of everything un-Defoe like

I don't think I have seen a clearer cut case of someone walking into a thread, with such a transparent agenda, needing nothing more than a thread with Defoes name in it, to pin it on.

If this were the 1600's, you would be the first person poking the wood with a blazing torch on Defoes burning at the stake.

Having displayed all of the impartiality of Lord Melchett in sentencing the Flanders Pigeon murderer

Defoe is more Spurs than VDV will ever be. He was not saying that we dont need to win it and wont try to. Someone lock this stupid thread ?

Wow.

what is your problem here?

You have taken an absolute nothing statement and twisted into yet another excuse to have a pop at Defoe, for something he didn't say, but your own obscure vision of what he might have meant, despite evidence to the contrary. You then hammer the nails into his coffin by quoting the last couple of people to score against the goons, holding them up as a beacon of everything un-Defoe like

I don't think I have seen a clearer cut case of someone walking into a thread, with such a transparent agenda, needing nothing more than a thread with Defoes name in it, to pin it on.

If this were the 1600's, you would be the first person poking the wood with a blazing torch on Defoes burning at the stake.

Having displayed all of the impartiality of Lord Melchett in sentencing the Flanders Pigeon murderer
=D>

Back