• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Alternative Table

Third best away record in the league anyway:
http://www.1x2monster.com/phpfpages/league-tables/english-premier-league-table.php?id4=1#away

The only one of those games I am really worried about is Sunderland, we always do badly in the NE. Villa Park is alright for us, Goodison will probably be a draw. Arsenal are nowhere near the side they once were and wil not be looking forward to that game, and we are due a win at Stamford Bridge.

For us to lost third we need to lose three games over and above whatever will be "the norm" for the end of season run in. And Chelsea and/or Arsenal they need to get together what amounts to title-winning form for the final 14 games.

To put those two in perspective - we have just hammered the team one point behind them 5-0.

I'm also worried about Everton as they have dispatched Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea at Goodison

With 13 matches to go, for any of the teams behind us to get past 70 points require 9 wins. We need 17 points to get there, 6 wins (5 wins and 2 draws). I'm getting slightly optimistic, 4th would be little disappointing now.

Also, the reason why we've been "title contendors" is because we havent yet hit bad form. We have lost 6 matches or so (including cups), got a couple of disappointing draws, but we have not once let the defeat knock us off our stride. The only pattern we ever got in to is a winning pattern. So I can see us getting beat at Chelsea but the next week, back to normal and overall getting the 18/20 points we need to seal third.

Actually scrap that: I can only see us winning at Chelsea this season. It is written.

20120226-232027.jpg

Look how bunched up La Liga is :eek:

For now, though they've only played 24 games to our 26 so I think they might extend their lead by a point or six.

I'm also worried about Everton as they have dispatched Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea at Goodison

They won't have Pienaar, or Donovan. Two of their most dangerous players. Nah, I think we'll be okay. It's Chelsea I'm more worried about, behind all the blather they've been creating quite a few chances in most of their games, and if the defence is as bad as it was against L'arse we'll be bang in trouble.

Last edited:
Third best away record in the league anyway:
http://www.1x2monster.com/phpfpages/league-tables/english-premier-league-table.php?id4=1#away

The only one of those games I am really worried about is Sunderland, we always do badly in the NE. Villa Park is alright for us, Goodison will probably be a draw. Arsenal are nowhere near the side they once were and wil not be looking forward to that game, and we are due a win at Stamford Bridge.

For us to lost third we need to lose three games over and above whatever will be "the norm" for the end of season run in. And Chelsea and/or Arsenal they need to get together what amounts to title-winning form for the final 14 games.

To put those two in perspective - we have just hammered the team one point behind them 5-0.

Sunderland seem to have slowed down somewhat as well. O'Neill's teams always tire out during March/April, and that's not far from happening. Their players already look a little weary. So again, it should, (theoretically) be less of a problem than it first appears.

They won't have Pienaar, or Donovan. Two of their most dangerous players. Nah, I think we'll be okay. It's Chelsea I'm more worried about, behind all the blather they've been creating quite a few chances in most of their games, and if the defence is as bad as it was against L'arse we'll be bang in trouble.

=;#-o

Pineaar has been very good for them since his return, mate. Unsurprising really, considering how long he's spent in Moyes' system and how well he knows his teammates, etc.

It appeared your initial reaction was one of surprise/disagreement when a comment was made with regards to him being one of their best players

It appeared your initial reaction was one of surprise/disagreement when a comment was made with regards to him being one of their best players

Not so! More a case of bewilderment at the fact that all of his chutzpah seemed to disappear as soon as he put on a Spurs strip, then returned as soon as soon as he put on an Everton one.:~

Probably comes down to confidence and context. He's always been a main main with Moyes and a vital playmaker in his formation. With us he was a utility squad player at best. In addition to him desperate to prove a point he's still more than capable of playing, etc. Odd one.

70 Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project
58 Arsenal
55 Tottenham
50 Chelsea
47 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
42 Liverpool
40 Everton, Sunderland
39 Norwich, Swansea
38 Stoke
36 Fulham, WBA
33 Aston Villa
28 Blackburn