• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

He added: "The chanting is normal. We just have to continue so they do not change the chant!

"I just want them to get behind the team, it's the team that has been absolutely amazing."

I'm liking his class more and more every day.

I think we would make a mistake not off-loading some dead-wood and adding a class player to our starting XI but that's just me

We did that two seasons in a row and paid the price in the run-in

I was just reading in the other thread about Liverpool wanting Danny Rose as Rodgers does not rate Enrique.

Would he work in our team? We know now he can play LB or further forward.

We have Naughton and Verts who can cover LB - not sure that would be a priority signing unless we're talking a class unit which is seen as an improvement

Last edited:
I was just reading in the other thread about Liverpool wanting Danny Rose as Rodgers does not rate Enrique.

Would he work in our team? We know now he can play LB or further forward.

If Rodgers really doesn't rate Enrique but does rate Rose, then his judgement has gone completely out the window. It's a laughable idea.

I think we would make a mistake not off-loading some dead-wood and adding a class player to our starting XI but that's just me

We may off-load some, but i think the problem with buying "class players" in January is that nobody wants to lose their best players mid-season so you're looking at paying well over the odds for whoever you get in. Think its safe to say that unless the need is absolutely pressing (which it isn't really) we will wait until the summer before doing any major business.

Off loading which deadwood?

Apart from the goal keepers we don't have much around that's not already on loan elsewhere.

And apart from Gomes none of our goalkeepers is going to command a fee, and he'll probably not demand a significant one.

2 of Gomes, Cudicini and Brad is a must, imv - probably close to 100k/week alone

I also expect Redknapp to come in for some of our players and although saddened - I think Levy might consider a good offer for Dawson as well as Parker (!)

Last edited:
Fair comments from AVB, I do like our squad at the moment but it only takes Dembele to get injured and we're in trouble. I don't think we're going to run around throwing 30m at players in January but I do hope we'll solve the midfield issue, maybe a reasonable solution would be to loan Livermore out so he gets regular games in the prem and we can get more creative midfielder in on loan from somewhere, there's got to be a disgruntled but quality midfielder that'll become available...

I know he played last week but he's still very likely to leave. We should first focus on bringing in a CM, Attacking mid/right or both...and then a striker.

True but if there is a deal to be done then we should be in there, too good an opportunity to miss.

2 of Gomes, Cudicini and Brad is a must, imv - probably close to 100k/week alone

I also expect Redknapp to come in for some of our players and although saddened - I think Levy might consider a good offer for Dawson as well as Parker (!)

Redknapp will defo be in for Parker.

At the start of the season yes, but he has featured as Captain lately so would be suprised if he let him go now even with Kaboul coming back.
Parker maybe as he's been out a while now and coming back from long term injury to full match sharpness at his age is no doubt gonna take longer than some may expect.

My personal view is we need a creative mid, attacking mid. We have a wealth of decent holding mids now and only Dembele who has a touch of flare. Also with African Nations looming we certainly need a striker... If Defoe was to get crocked we are in a certain creak, paddleless

At the start of the season yes, but he has featured as Captain lately so would be suprised if he let him go now even with Kaboul coming back.
Parker maybe as he's been out a while now and coming back from long term injury to full match sharpness at his age is no doubt gonna take longer than some may expect.

My personal view is we need a creative mid, attacking mid. We have a wealth of decent holding mids now and only Dembele who has a touch of flare. Also with African Nations looming we certainly need a striker... If Defoe was to get crocked we are in a certain creak, paddleless

Ade retired from international football (again) yesterday, so is no longer going to the ACN.

Most promising bit in that article is the fact he mentions Kaboul in a way that suggests he is nearer to a return that I thought he was.
If he could return in Jan he would almsot be like a new signing

Back