• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge has demanded an £80,000-a-week salary to join Liverpool in January. The 23-year-old reportedly also wants a guarantee that he will be played through the middle rather than out wide.

Just hope we stay as far away from this joker as possible.

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge has demanded an £80,000-a-week salary to join Liverpool in January. The 23-year-old reportedly also wants a guarantee that he will be played through the middle rather than out wide.

Just hope we stay as far away from this joker as possible.

Yeah it's ok - him and Andre don't get on apparently.

And his Walcott-style tantrum about demanding to be a CF, rather than an inside forward where he is suited, means he's no use to us anyway.

I like Sturridge and think if he finds the right club he could be a big player for the national side. But he could also go the same way as Bentley.

Yeah it's ok - him and Andre don't get on apparently.

And his Walcott-style tantrum about demanding to be a CF, rather than an inside forward where he is suited, means he's no use to us anyway.

That's an interesting notion. Oddly pretty much one every quote supplied in the press by either of them disagrees with.

"He's helped me a lot," Sturridge said. "He's playing me a lot so I can't complain. I've not had a Chelsea manager do that for me before. It's helped me so much.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...my-england-career-says-sturridge-7469044.html

"I am not sure how his career will evolve, he has natural ability to play on the right flank, he has the opportunity to offer me the characteristics I had with Hulk when I was at Porto," Villas-Boas said. "He creates unpredictability.

"He has been performing well for the team. He is an extremely quick player, and he has technique at pace. You get plenty of pacy players, but what is important is that he arrives with the ball, he can control it and do something with it. That is what he offers."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...g-talent-ahead-of-Bolton-Wandrerers-test.html

"The manager has given me license to express myself," Sturridge said, according to The Independent. "I have never had that before with any manager.

"He has let me off my leash if you like.

"He has given me a lot more freedom than I have ever had, and I will enjoy my football a lot more."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/pr...649897/Sturridge:-AVB-lets-me-express-myself/

Last edited:
Based on what is he a 'joker'?

He's been played out of position pretty much his entire career at Chelsea and still has decent return for a wide player

The idea that he should be first choice striker and make loads of money at a top club. Midtable is his destiny unless he accepts being a squad player.

The idea that he should be first choice striker and make loads of money at a top club. Midtable is his destiny unless he accepts being a squad player.

Why?

In his central striker position on loan at Bolton he scored 8 goals in 12 aps.

That's hardly a laughable total, it makes me think he deserves a chance up top at Chelsea.

Why?

In his central striker position on loan at Bolton he scored 8 goals in 12 aps.

That's hardly a laughable total, it makes me think he deserves a chance up top at Chelsea.

Yes, at Bolton. Long term he will never be first choice at a club trying to win the league. Just like Welbeck at United. It's just my opinion, but I don't think either of them are top class.

Why should he not aspire to be at a top club seeing that he's still young and looked very good at Bolton 2 years ago when played in his actual position? Not sure how that can be considered a joke, tbh

He's done no worse than Torres lately and deserves a fair chance in his natural position. If Chelsea aren't willing to offer that - he would do well at any Top 8 club, imv - no worse than Welbeck

Yes, at Bolton. Long term he will never be first choice at a club trying to win the league. Just like Welbeck at United. It's just my opinion, but I don't think either of them are top class.

That's a very strange comment considering he has never been given a consistent run of games in his natural position other than at the Reebok when he delivered the goods and looked sharp. I'd say the odds are very much against you on this one.

Yes at bolton. A 2 goals per 3 aps at a low end of the Premiership team. Which makes it all the more impressive really.

If one of our wingers had stats like that playing up front, we'd be crying out for him to be given a chance in the middle.

Last edited:
Andre is in the crowd at PSG - Porto tonight. Cue the rumours.

I'm pretty sure he would pop in to see the players so one can assume WILL have a conversation with Moutinho.

It's just what they talk about that will be interesting..

Re: The Transfer Rumour Update Thread - NO Discussion

Udinese star Mehdi Benatia has welcomed speculation linking him with a move to either Manchester United or Tottenham during the January transfer window.

French-born Benatia, who has 20 caps for Morocco, has long been considered one of the classiest central defenders in Europe, having stepped up since his move to Udinese from Clermont in 2010.

It’s a reputation that has seen him linked with moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona in the past, while a number of Premier League clubs are known to have had scouts check on him in the last 18 months.

Manchester United are one of those sides, but Tottenham have also emerged as a front-runner for Benatia's signature with a number of Italian newspapers suggesting Andre Villas-Boas is readying an £8million offer.

Benatia has previously brushed off suggestions he will depart Udinese any time soon.

However, speaking this week the 25-year-old says he is flattered to be linked with such big sides, and would be open to a move if Udinese want to cash in.

‘I have a deal at Udinese that I want to honour – but that’s unless the club want me to leave and make some cash,’ said a coy Benatia.

‘I'm very flattered to be linked with those teams.’

It is thought Udinese would be willing to do business in January if either United or Spurs meet their £15million valuation because Lorient’s Bruno Ecuele Manga is already being lined up as a cut-price replacement.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/919548-mehdi-benatia-welcomes-manchester-united-and-tottenham-transfer-talk

I bought this guy on pro evo and he was fudging class!

Just sayin' :)

I agree, he's still youngish at 23 so he can still improve of course, but he's not up there at this point at least. Also his attitude seems similar on the pitch as off it from what I've seen, he doesn't work all that hard defensively and seems selfish. Decent player, but not much more. Can't see him going to a proper top club if he leaves Chelsea.

Quite telling that the club he's mainly being linked to is Liverpool and that neither AVB, DiMatteo or Ancelotti seemed to use him much as a striker and that Benitez now seems willing to get rid.

Lukaku is a much brighter prospect and people were writing him off last season at 18.

Back