• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Düsseldorf U19 Trophy Group Stage Match 3: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Harry Winks with Tottenham's goal .

Spurs play Dinamo Zagreb later this afternoon.

Zagreb 7pts
Wolfsburg 6
Spurs 4
Leverkusen 4
Dusseldorf 1

Last edited:
Sign him up!

I have no idea who you're talking about.

I'm guessing it's Alen's younger brother that we supposedly were getting along with Alen when we tried to sign him up last summer.

I do wonder if some of the teams from smaller leagues in competitions like this worry about fielding their best players as they might attract unwanted attention from bigger clubs...

I'm guessing it's Alen's younger brother that we supposedly were getting along with Alen when we tried to sign him up last summer.

I do wonder if some of the teams from smaller leagues in competitions like this worry about fielding their best players as they might attract unwanted attention from bigger clubs...

Were we ever after his brother?

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2014/4/22/5639542/alex-pritchard-swindon-tottenham-hotspur

Worth noting that Alex Pritchard will be back with us before the end of the season. I actually think he will play a part against Villa and would back the decision given how impressive he has been in League 1. I'm not saying he is ready to start for us week in week out or anything like that, but it would be a good way of showing that we reward our youth players.

Excellent point. Cheers for sharing :)

Anyone watched much of Swindon this year? Has anyone other than Pritchard impressed? What about Luongo, I always thought he looked good and my Ipswich mates rated him highly from his loan there a couple years ago.

Which youngsters have had a good year and could possibly go on loan at a higher level next year?

Anyone watched much of Swindon this year? Has anyone other than Pritchard impressed? What about Luongo, I always thought he looked good and my Ipswich mates rated him highly from his loan there a couple years ago.

Which youngsters have had a good year and could possibly go on loan at a higher level next year?

Will be interesting to see whether Luongo comes back to SPurs in teh summer. Most of us were gobsmacked when we sold him for next to nothing last summer but then there were those rumours that we only sold him to get around the rule re the max number of loands between clubs and that we would buy him back this year. Always looked like one of our best prospects to me

Coulthirst turned in a great performance today (according to some Torquay fans) and scored in their win, but they were still relegated.

Sounds like this loan to Swindon was exactly what Alex needed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27148261

Tottenham's Alex Pritchard says his season-long loan at League One Swindon has been the best year of his career.
The forward has scored eight goals in 43 games this term and will make his final appearance of the campaign on Saturday against Notts County.
Pritchard turns 21 on 3 May and will be ineligible for Swindon's last game of the season against Rotherham, under the terms of his youth loan agreement.

"It's been my best year. I've grown up a lot," he told BBC Wiltshire. When asked about what has changed, he added: "Getting fouled a lot, getting up and trying not to react, which I've done a few times this year, as well as not backchatting to the referees. I've stopped that. I got a couple of bad tackles at the weekend but didn't react to it."

Pritchard, one of three Tottenham players on loan at the County Ground, came through the Spurs youth team and has yet to make a senior appearance for the Premier League club. His Football League debut came in a Championship game with Burnley last season during a loan spell at Peterborough United.

And Pritchard says his experience in a competitive League One environment has been a learning curve.
"In the reserve league, you're playing against the likes of Chelsea, where both teams play football," he said. "There's some tackles, but they're not strong. But then you come to League One and play against teams like Bradford, who just want to put it on the diagonal and it's a battle in the middle of the park. "You've got to get used to it. It's totally different but I've loved every minute of it. People didn't think I'd be up for it or be able to deal with it. But I had it in my head that I had to deal with it."

Swindon manager Mark Cooper also remarked on the improvement he has seen in Pritchard since the start of the season.
"He's learnt how to live and how to act as a first-team professional," said Cooper, whose side sit four points off the play-offs.
"To come into an environment where three points mean everything, that's what it's about. At the start he found it difficult but he's got better and better. The biggest accolade you can get is the respect of your team-mates. When he goes away I know they'll say 'that Alex Pritchard was some player'."

The lad seems to have his head screwed on and knows how important this season has been for his growth. Hopefully he can get some games with the first team next season.

Jan Vertonghen and Etienne Capoue return from injury to play for our Under-21s against Reading at Stevenage's Lamex Stadium this afternoon.

Defender Jan has been out since damaging his ankle at Liverpool on March 30 while it's been two months on the sidelines for midfielder Etienne, who also picked up an ankle injury, this time at Norwich on February 23.

First team squad regulars Jordan Archer, Nabil Bentaleb and Milos Veljkovic are also in the squad alongside in-form Academy striker Daniel Akindayini.

It's our final match of the Barclays U21 Premier League campaign and we kick-off at 2pm.

Squad:

Archer, McEneff, McQueen, Veljkovic, Gallifuoco, Vertonghen, McEvoy, Capoue, Akindayini, Bentaleb, Lameiras, Dombaxe, Miles, Lesniak, Campbell-Young.

BmOmMHYIIAAPbb9.jpg

Archer

McEneff, Gallifuoco, Vertonghen, McQueen

Bentaleb, Capoue, Veljkovic

McEvoy, Akindayini, Lameiras

Subs: Miles (GK), Dombaxe, Lesniak, Campbell-Young​

Emirates Marketing Project finish 4th and play Chelsea in the Play-Offs.

Liverpool play Manchester United in the other Play-Off Semi-Final.

Back